Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24

Author Topic: The New Flagship of the Dwarven Empire: (Re: if you have something to add)  (Read 197758 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Can I get a copy of your Blueprints???
I will be building one myself in My harbour. With a few differences...
Blueprints are in the OP, in Lego form. 2x2 = 1 tile.

You can go ahead and modify all you want. It's modeled for that purpose, especially after it's finished.

Since I have work tomorrow, I won't be able to get to it, but I'll send some reclaimers over soon enough.

Don't forget to give credit where credit is due. And if it's going to be independent from your fort at all (at a distance, or dockable), I advise either making supports and hiding them, or shut off cave-ins.

EDIT:
I also need the extra time to come up with an idea to secure the area after reclaiming, and get some serious work done. Considering I'll have more than enough axedwarves around, getting wood will be no problem; I mean, they'll be traveling in squads anyway, and they'll already have military experience. And considering the numbers I'll have (considering how freaking dangerous the 'scape is), construction, and fort modding should be no hassle. Mourning the original 7 is still a challenge though.

DF Therapist will be a blessing to behold, since assigning jobs to that many dwarves will already be annoying enough as it is. This would cut the time immensely.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 09:12:26 pm by Itnetlolor »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks with the Lego Idea but the problem is I can never understand how it works, will ask though for something like Screenshots of the Actual built from In game. I can work from there...

Natrually I will give Credit mate, she was your ship to begin with. This will just be another Cid from another World. Hmm that does sound familiar. Yours is the FF2, mine FF3, or something like that...

Cave ins is disabled. Would have been a bitch to carve out the area needed for my Fort with it on with all the muck ups. Also took off Invasions while I am building the fort itself. I left the Orc Mod in and don't want to regen/restart. Gonna put it back on during ship construction though...

I will be looking for smaller designs too. This is gonna be a port City, naturally there will 'Dry'docks and ships hovering outside the Harbour itself...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: The New Flagship of the Dwarven Empire: (Megaproject Progress: RECOVERED!!!)
« Reply #227 on: December 23, 2009, 01:45:04 am »

Well, it seems Cid has died in my universe, and our hero Setzer has taken over; as intended. One hell of an overhaul has been made. Be sure to check out the maps I upload. It may be a skeleton, but the perimeters are mostly set.  Just compare Lego with that, and you should have a way of measurement.

POIs are updated. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 07:15:34 pm by Itnetlolor »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The New Flagship of the Dwarven Empire: (Megaproject Progress: Recovered)
« Reply #228 on: December 23, 2009, 03:03:15 am »

I just noticed that I only need its Berth and Length...

I count it 48 Long from Bow to stern from what has been constructed so far, and 17 from port to starboard at its widest. Is this the right number or is this incorrect...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #229 on: December 23, 2009, 03:11:30 am »

I just noticed that I only need its Berth and Length...

I count it 48 Long from Bow to stern from what has been constructed so far, and 17 from port to starboard at its widest. Is this the right number or is this incorrect...
Going with the boat part itself, those seem correct.

Including engines, those add 6 berth per side with 9 length per engine block.

The propelling engines add 2 to the length, 3-wide per prop (being waterwheels, and all).
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 03:15:38 am by Itnetlolor »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 23, 2009, 03:34:25 am »

So lets see...
Length from Bow to Stern including Props and stuff...
~= 50

The Berth from Port to Starboard, including props and stuff...
~= 20

Oh what about the Height???

Once again I noticed that I will be building a Drydock INSIDE of the Cavern I dug out. It will be large enough to have a Skeleton of one while outside I will have another, Including smaller Patrol ships and stuff...

The one outside will be a Trader's Ship so that means a bigger Hull for storage and less Weaponry/Quarters...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #231 on: December 23, 2009, 03:43:56 am »

If I'm not mistaken by the OP, I stated that the ship stands 6 decks tall. (6-Z, primarily fortification defense perimeter)

It's pretty late where I am, but if you want better pictures of the finished product that isn't in Lego form; I'll post my Minecraft render of the ship.

I took many; but I intend to save them until I reach my next benchmark.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 23, 2009, 03:48:13 am »

PM it, but I will use that number for now...
Cheers for helping me 'Steal' your megaproject mate...

Goinstadi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 23, 2009, 06:07:17 pm »

How much clearance would you want for the ship for Docking Purposes?
Dwarf Fortress is Minesweeper with attitude.  In both games you are uncovering squares and just waiting for it to blow up in your face.  At least in DF you have tiny bearded and smiling avatars to torture on your descent to fun.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #234 on: December 23, 2009, 07:45:20 pm »

How much clearance would you want for the ship for Docking Purposes?
Maximum drawbridge length, 2 of them. Of course, the ship one being turned into a wall upon retracting.

So, about 9 for the ship and 10 or 9 for the dock, depending on retraction style. That totals to about 18(19)-wide clearance on 1 side. Double that for both sides if access is on both ends, so to say.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 07:46:54 pm by Itnetlolor »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: The New Flagship of the Dwarven Empire: (Megaproject Progress: Another Up)
« Reply #235 on: December 30, 2009, 01:12:52 am »

It was actually a "meh" season this time around. More digging, smoothing, and monitoring the perimeter developments, as well as debugging portions of the fort after reclaim (some stubborn items lying around; including possibly a thing of copper bars on the airship).

No ambushes, merchants or anything because I've been struggling to get a proper Trade Depot setup somewhere in the fortress. And before you call me out on the airship one, I forbade it (which is interesting; I didn't know you can forbid workshops and such). I didn't want to trade with those who lack wagons. Oddly enough, I had a friendly human keeping watch on the lower right corner of the map. It would've been an awesome caravan I bet.

Anyway, here's the update:

Spoiler: Y5S2: Sitting Duck (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 07:15:22 pm by Itnetlolor »

DwarfOfDefeat

• Bay Watcher
  • Reproduces through Mitosis
    • View Profile

my gawd... how does this move? will it actually move?
"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elder berries!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

When it's finished. It'll be implied to move (meaning it doesn't actually move in-game). It would be more for any LPs regarding living on a ship, but unlike the other boat ones, this one takes place in the skies.

I'm still a good distance from finished however.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 01:18:07 pm by Itnetlolor »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

It's about gorram time I got an update in.

I was planning on racing the new release of DF by trying to finish this project; but I've been hit with more distractions than a procrastinator would allow.

My plans will still follow trying to update as many times in a day as possible (2 if I'm really lucky); of course, all new updates will be in new posts.

This one won't count as a second update for the day since I finished it last night. I get another done, it'll count for today.

Anyway, here's the update:

Excuse the botched grammar or wording of this update. It was late, and consider this guy tracking the fort the whole time. I think it's somewhat justified.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 07:31:03 pm by Itnetlolor »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Another update is underway. Just give me a little more time, and it will be up.

Spoiler: Y5S4: Free Bird (click to show/hide)

I have a special surprise for everyone when the viewings reach 20k. It won't be much, but it'll be a good starter until I finish the project itself. I'm sure anyone would enjoy the gift.

NOTE:
I already noticed this for a bit, but thanks to not being able to choose the gender of your dwarves before embark, thanks to DF Therapist, I noticed quicker that Setzer is not a man, but a lady. But still, she's quite the gambler herself.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 01:28:56 am by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24