Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12331 12332 [12333] 12334 12335 ... 13316

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15001544 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [?!?!] What the fuck is tail time (Happy thread)
« Reply #184980 on: March 31, 2018, 06:55:18 pm »

Oh cool. I've got an Intuous Draw. ...I should probably learn how to use it one of these days.

There doesn't seem to be any difference between the Draw and Comic versions besides the software that comes with it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #184981 on: March 31, 2018, 07:26:05 pm »

Standing in front of the stage at Aragon Ballroom waiting for Nightwish to come on in half an hour.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184982 on: March 31, 2018, 11:16:58 pm »

That is *so* awesome.  I randomly had Elvenpath in my head the other day while pulling weeds (funny where the mind goes during boring yardwork).

I haven't kept up with them since I was young, so I don't know what they play now...  Looks like their closest will be in Tennessee (typical).  I might go for it...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184983 on: April 01, 2018, 12:46:38 am »

a two-volume set of compilations of English literature, ranging from Beowulf to the romanticist movement. The books are from 1937;
Oh my gosh I am extremely jealous. That sounds wonderful. Post pics, at least?   
I find the occasional old book at work, at least. I have an antique copy of The Vicomte de Bragelonne by Dumas, with an inscription from October 6, 1938.   
As requested! Sorry for terrible photo quality.
Oh wow, those are gorgeous!
I somehow forgot to respond to this, I think when I first saw the post I didn't have time to click the link or something. Treasure them, that's a great find!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #184984 on: April 01, 2018, 02:18:06 am »

That is *so* awesome.  I randomly had Elvenpath in my head the other day while pulling weeds (funny where the mind goes during boring yardwork).

I haven't kept up with them since I was young, so I don't know what they play now...  Looks like their closest will be in Tennessee (typical).  I might go for it...

My favorite singer joined the band a few years ago.  I like Nightwish, but I'm far more a Floor Jansen fan than a Nightwish fan.  I like their instrumentals and lyrics, but Tarja's vocal style never quite resonated with me.  I find many of their songs I don't learn to appreciate until I find a good recording of Floor singing it  (example:  Ghost Love Score).  The concert was great.  There's only a handful of Nightwish songs that I know really well, but their sound was great and perfectly executed.  I have a much better appreciation for the whole band after seeing them in person.  Tuomas, especially, seems way cooler to me now.  I already knew Marco is a badass.

And Floor lived up to all my expectations.  Her performance is fucking ***flawless***.  She has just as much raw power and expression on stage as she does in studio recordings.  You know those really high, long, difficult notes that the vast majority of singers will put on their albums but skimp out on live?  She doesn't do that.  She hits every single one - perfectly.  Sometimes better.  And she works the stage really well.  Genuinely gives the impression that she loves performing.  Of course, she has a natural stage presence advantage due to her giant stature.

If you get a chance, I recommend going.  They hand everyone a free copy of the Decades compilation album (full of remasters) as you walk into the venue.  I hope they make a live DVD from this tour, too.  I'd really like some good quality recordings of Floor performing these old Nightwish songs.  Elvenpath was on the setlist.

I tried to take some pictures, but they all turned out fuzzy :/
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 02:22:08 am by SalmonGod »
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184985 on: April 01, 2018, 08:46:55 am »

I ordered a Western Digital EX2-Ultra for half price today. I am very excited.

Why?  Well, sure, it's a nerdy thing that nobody but a hardcore nerd would care about-- being a consumer grade NAS and all.  But why am I practically shitting rainbows?

It is based on the Marvell ARMADA 380 SoC.  The SATA chipset baked in supports port multiplier.
That means that with some tinkering, I can hook this thing up to external enclosures, each holding 5 disks each, and make it work more like a small corporate size NAS.

Most of these consumer grade boxes do not have sata chips that can do this. Certainly not at the 200$ price I snagged this gem at. :P

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #184986 on: April 01, 2018, 02:47:51 pm »

My brothers girlfriend is pregnant, which means im going to be an uncle again. Which is cool.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #184987 on: April 02, 2018, 12:47:00 am »

I finished Master of the Wind.

It is probably the best game I've ever had the pleasure to play... I have no words. 36 hours, and completely worth it. It was incredible.

Breath of the Wild?
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #184988 on: April 02, 2018, 01:02:22 am »

I finished Master of the Wind.

It is probably the best game I've ever had the pleasure to play... I have no words. 36 hours, and completely worth it. It was incredible.

Breath of the Wild?
Could also be this, though it does seem to be a quest in BotW.  I'm not really truly acquainted with either. ^_^

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184989 on: April 02, 2018, 02:11:26 pm »

Wow, RPGmaker has come a long way.

I was really, really, really into it in the early 2000's. I would pick it back up but it's 80 goddamn dollars wait what the hell? Can you sell these games on mobile or something?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #184990 on: April 02, 2018, 04:07:14 pm »

I've been wanting to learn RPGmaker. I've played To The Moon, Yume Nikki, and Labyronia as preparation. Now I should probably play a terrible one as an example of what not to do.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184991 on: April 02, 2018, 04:50:25 pm »

Wow, RPGmaker has come a long way.

I was really, really, really into it in the early 2000's. I would pick it back up but it's 80 goddamn dollars wait what the hell? Can you sell these games on mobile or something?
...Mobile? Have you looked at the garbage chute that is Steam's recent releases lately? :P
That may have sounded harsher than I intended. There are still plenty of good games to be found from time to time on Steam, like gleaming chunks of precious metals somehow defying physics to float gracefully atop a river of pungent, reeking sewage. ...Yeah, that sounds much nicer. ^_^

Edit: mistook this for the wtf thread, somehow. Probably because there were some vaguely wtf-related sentiments being expressed in here. As for an actual Happy, the moronic bullshit that is daylight savings is finally over!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 04:55:41 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184992 on: April 02, 2018, 05:51:41 pm »

It's 80 dollars anywhere! That is ridiculous.

But yeah I got super into it, even gave a tutorial/presentation on it for a college class where we had to teach a thing.

Anyway I am happy because it is a slow day at work, my boss is on vacation, and I made a 7-part post-it note comic about office life without boss. I'm going to leave it on their desk.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #184993 on: April 02, 2018, 07:15:54 pm »

Go play Master of the Wind for another example of what to do :3

I might, but 36 hours seems like a major time commitment.

*Wait, apparently there's genre deconstruction and I get to fight racists. I guess I'll have to make time for it soon.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 07:25:27 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #184994 on: April 02, 2018, 09:10:06 pm »

I've been wanting to learn RPGmaker. I've played To The Moon, Yume Nikki, and Labyronia as preparation. Now I should probably play a terrible one as an example of what not to do.
Go play Master of the Wind for another example of what to do :3

And OFF!

(I got stuck on a puzzle super early in but later I watched a playthrough on youtube and it's cool okay :I)
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.
Pages: 1 ... 12331 12332 [12333] 12334 12335 ... 13316