Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 794 795 [796] 797 798 ... 13314

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14976432 times)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #11925 on: June 22, 2010, 04:00:05 pm »

Loaded up Orbiter and after browsing a tutorial quick to re-get my bearings a bit more and committed myself to some orbital maneuvers...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What this means is that in 4 orbits I will sync up with the ISS and can conduct a prograde burn to match speed with it, then I can dock.   ;D
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11926 on: June 22, 2010, 04:23:54 pm »

Every once in a while, I have awesome cinematic dreams, with solid plots, characters, and dialogue. Last night I had one of those, and figured I'd share it with you guys.

Spoiler: The Dream (click to show/hide)

I hate when dreams like that end. Oddly, through the dream it felt like I had dreamed parts of it before... so maybe I'll be able to settle the score some other night. If nothing else, I think it'd make a pretty good basis for a short story... hmm.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11927 on: June 22, 2010, 04:31:49 pm »

Why so twitchy?

I just kind of assumed that all children go through the phase where they discover Led Zep, Pink Floyd, etc. when they're like...I dunno, 12?

We have a CD of lullaby covers of Zeppelin and U2 for my 3-month old. Might get the Tool one as well.

I started late.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11928 on: June 22, 2010, 05:11:55 pm »

FUCK YES!!!!!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

After what I think was an hour and a half of constant linear thrusts I FUCKING DOCKED WITH THE ISS.

AWESOME.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11930 on: June 22, 2010, 05:48:50 pm »

After what I think was an hour and a half of constant linear thrusts I FUCKING DOCKED WITH THE ISS.

Is that what they're calling it now?
Shoes...

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11931 on: June 22, 2010, 05:49:33 pm »

Is that what they're calling it now?
I didn't know they replaced the a with an i...

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #11932 on: June 22, 2010, 06:20:43 pm »

I thought we weren't supposed to talk about that sort of thing....
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11933 on: June 22, 2010, 06:26:35 pm »

Republicans, staunch, pasty-white conservatives, are lining up to condemn McChrystal's disrespect of the Obama Administration. It's heart warming to me to see that, massive political differences withstanding, the parties are still capable of agreeing on some things, i.e. that the commander in chief deserves the utmost respect from the military.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11934 on: June 22, 2010, 06:34:07 pm »

Hey, nothing brings people together like a good reprimanding.  Just look at Rep. Joe Wilson.  Everybody got together to hate on him.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11935 on: June 22, 2010, 06:40:15 pm »

Ironically, if you read the Rolling Stone article McChrystal's comments came from, it's hard not to feel sorry for the guy.  But also really hard to not think he deserves to be fired.  Point is, it's not a situation that makes me happy.

I'm happy I'm doin' great in college.  And I got a chance in class today to dominate a political discussion and bring my well-honed Internet Expertise to real life.  And nobody called me out on being full of shit!  This bodes well for any possible career.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11936 on: June 22, 2010, 06:41:00 pm »

I have one question.  Were you full of shit?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11937 on: June 22, 2010, 06:42:22 pm »

That's probably because when you speak to someone a lot of what you say isn't even heard right.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11938 on: June 22, 2010, 06:43:51 pm »

I have one question.  Were you full of shit?

On any specific issue, no.  I probably got some budget numbers wrong, but my principles were right on target.  And that's what really important, right?  Who gives a damn about little things like numbers and dates and responsible parties, I got to call the professor a hypocrite, and he complimented me for it.  I'm the awesomest person in the world.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11939 on: June 22, 2010, 06:45:20 pm »

And I got a chance in class today to dominate a political discussion and bring my well-honed Internet Expertise to real life.  And nobody called me out on being full of shit!  This bodes well for any possible career.

Lol, man, I lived for those days in class. One day a girl called me out on generalizing about Asian cultural values, and I when I didn't defend myself very well, half the class dove all over her ass for being disruptive. I even got a few "can't believe that chick opened her mouth" comments after class. There are days I do miss college. It's like being a chat room full of people who have never really tried to argue before. A little light practice.

I swear, going through college as a non-math, non-science major is like 50% writing, 45% bullshitting skills and a 5% retention.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 794 795 [796] 797 798 ... 13314