Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11346 11347 [11348] 11349 11350 ... 13316

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15009858 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #170205 on: March 26, 2016, 03:43:58 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Got caught in the rain without my umbrella for about 20 sec
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 03:45:44 pm by Loud Whispers »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #170206 on: March 26, 2016, 03:48:54 pm »

Debussy. This is another one of those "tea house songs" that I love to hear. The floor in our place is cold, maybe cement or something, and most of the teapots are ceramic with blue or white glaze--cold again, though some are yixing purple clay--and I feel like the warmth of the melody on a "cold" instrument like the piano helps to soften it. It's in the same way that, after a time, boiling water and relaxed conversation, and the sunlight coming through the leaves outdoors will make it seem "warmer" regardless of temperature.

I like to stand there watching everyone from behind the counter, drinking tea. Sometimes I hear people telling stories that make them cry, and I'm glad that they can let the tears flow.
Check out Erik Satie, another French pianist and composer; he and Debussy were buddies. Some pieces are pretty well-known as your typical 'sad scene music' in movies.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #170207 on: March 26, 2016, 03:57:29 pm »

searching "putnam3145" on youtube gets me my DF stream (expected, exactly what i was looking for when searching) and a jontron video (A Talking Cat!?!)

WHAT IS THIS JONTRON VIDEO HIDING

EDIT: thought this was wtf thread
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 04:02:20 pm by Putnam »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170208 on: March 26, 2016, 04:06:53 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 06:44:52 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #170209 on: March 26, 2016, 04:09:08 pm »

Seeing as there isn't an awesome thread...

For anybody not in the know, an ekranoplan is a naval vehicle that flies in the ground effect zone (basically, it flies like a plane does, but the surface interrupts its wingtip vortices, reducing drag by a ton, which is why it can use much stubbier wings while still generating enough lift to fly). This shoop is basically an upscaled Lun' - class which is also somehow an aircraft carrier. The real Lun' - class reached a top speed of a little under 600 kph while being able to simultaneously explodify everything in its path with guided missiles. Basing off this, that thing would be monstrous, beautiful, and probably completely unviable both economically and from an engineering standpoint (I mean, the originals were pretty wobbly already), so all that is left to us is to experience it through the power of Photoshop.
Da comrade, we heard you are liking planes, so we are to putting planes in your planes, so you are be flying while you are flying.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #170210 on: March 26, 2016, 04:13:59 pm »

Da comrade, we heard you are liking planes, so we are to putting planes in your planes, so you are be flying while you are flying.

Soviets have been doing that for decades.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #170211 on: March 26, 2016, 04:23:17 pm »

searching "putnam3145" on youtube gets me my DF stream (expected, exactly what i was looking for when searching) and a jontron video (A Talking Cat!?!)

WHAT IS THIS JONTRON VIDEO HIDING

EDIT: thought this was wtf thread

oh, google's algorithm is scary is the answer

i have a reasonably upvoted comment on the official reddit thread for the video

that's probably it??

that's pretty scary

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #170212 on: March 26, 2016, 05:07:30 pm »

i'm running an 8 hour sleep deficit but that's okay

i'm 2 for 2 for bringing home trophies from these competitions, but this time i get to keep one

i'm okay with third place, all things considered - there were several miracles, but also i wrote a wonderful piece of documentation: "For technical reasons, all keys are titled 'dongs'."
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170213 on: March 26, 2016, 05:09:28 pm »

@Google algorithm
That's... huh.

@Air-aircraft carrier
wow

My happy...  Cute grocery store clerk gave me my pocky for free because I helped bag
I blushed and complimented his ear-stud
social interaction can feel really nice in small amounts huh
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170214 on: March 26, 2016, 05:39:38 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Got caught in the rain without my umbrella for about 20 sec
Surprise rain is best rain!

It will be warm summer downpour time soon. And when that happens smirk will be outside, soaked to the skin, splashing through puddles in the street. Cannot wait
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #170215 on: March 26, 2016, 05:45:35 pm »

Four miners have been fired after having been caught having a secret bedroom deep down in the mine where they slept through their days instead of working.

This is where Age of Decadence is on Steam's (North American?) top sellers. The game above it that I accidentally cut out is Undertale. Good to be vindicated on a game you like.

Edit: It has overtaken Undertale! This is so much fun to watch.

Sweet! It's good to see that game up there.

For those interested in it, the team behind it were also involved with the narrative-driven zombie-apoc game Dead State, which takes place in Texas during a, well, zombie apocalypse. They've also just started developing their next project, an sci-fi rpg set on a colony ship travelling through space, and they've lately begun sharing some of their thoughts on the design here on their forums.
Love, scriver~

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #170217 on: March 26, 2016, 06:21:58 pm »

Damn Swedes.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170218 on: March 26, 2016, 06:29:50 pm »

They don't care; they're probably too busy out having another Halloween.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #170219 on: March 26, 2016, 06:32:13 pm »

fast food a good
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 11346 11347 [11348] 11349 11350 ... 13316