Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22

Author Topic: Conservative Crime Squad  (Read 49304 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Conservative Crime Squad
« Reply #195 on: January 26, 2010, 06:39:55 pm »

Speaking of which. If this ever comes about, I'd like the option of playing as the EU/UN/Comintern forces that invade America to restore order. I always was a fence sitter when watching Red Dawn. Though you're probably right about it being beyond the scope of the game as it stands now.

If you're still there Ciarog, I recommend playing Shattered Union as the European Union (in fact, EurcheJack pointed to Shattered Union when arguing for an EU intervention). Okay, so it takes place after George W. Bush's assassination after he get elected to a third term, but it's still an EU intervention.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 26, 2010, 07:23:44 pm »

It is the LCS of the CSS Game that would probably need new and more oppressive goals/policies. Hate speech, thoughtcrimes, re-education/work/farm camps etc.

Or maybe... The nightmare of planned economy looming on the horizon, as the private investors choke on the 99% progressive tax? Discrimination of males, who are reduced to subservient role, with feminists in latex (with strapons!) as a gender police? Homosexual propaganda in elementary schools kindergartens nursery schools the womb of the child's mother parent_1? Hobos employed for straightening bananas (which are too bent according to norm GWASDDW-2746) earning more than bankers?

Take anything from the articles written by EU's far right (they sometimes also try to create sci-fi dystopias). You will have plenty of ideas.

Conservative Swine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 26, 2010, 08:23:01 pm »

Or maybe... The nightmare of planned economy looming on the horizon, as the private investors choke on the 99% progressive tax? Discrimination of males, who are reduced to subservient role, with feminists in latex (with strapons!) as a gender police? Homosexual propaganda in elementary schools kindergartens nursery schools the womb of the child's mother parent_1? Hobos employed for straightening bananas (which are too bent according to norm GWASDDW-2746) earning more than bankers?

Take anything from the articles written by EU's far right (they sometimes also try to create sci-fi dystopias). You will have plenty of ideas.

Since the people demand equality; all social groups and classes are to be taxed at 100%.

Everyone will then be issued an equal # of vouchers to exchange for the corresponding goods, which will be illegal to trade to other citizens. Of course; failure to work will be a criminal offense because it is detrimental to society.

The workplace will have men and women. All conversation and body language will be constantly monitored by Human Resources personnel via video, audio, and physical observation and any signs of sexual, political, visual, cultural, or "other" harassment will be swiftly and aggressively dealt with. Your contributions to society are valued.

In all seriousness though: Stalin, Mao, Castro, Guevara, Kim Jong Il, and the other assorted leftist trash in the modern West provide all the real life examples a person could want.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 08:26:08 pm by Conservative Swine »

Necaladun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 26, 2010, 11:40:56 pm »

Stalin and Kim Jong are pretty bad examples for left wing. They're military dictators. Kim Jong especially, being near godhood, is not a good example for equality. Stalin's syphilus induced mass murder and cult status also takes a fair bit away from the egalitarian ideas of the left wing.

Conservative Swine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 27, 2010, 12:58:48 am »

Stalin and Kim Jong are pretty bad examples for left wing. They're military dictators. Kim Jong especially, being near godhood, is not a good example for equality. Stalin's syphilus induced mass murder and cult status also takes a fair bit away from the egalitarian ideas of the left wing.

Stalin and company are the worst of the worst that Communism; a left wing ideological movement, had to offer the world. "Egalitarianism and equality" might have been the unattainably absurd fantasy being fed to the people; the reality was an even more rigidly defined class structure to go along with the new brutal tyranny.
Collectivization and enforced equality has to come from the unchecked power of the state; as represented by the police, military, and civil governing authorities, because individuals in society have to be controlled to be equal. Dictators are the natural heirs to, and guardians of egalitarian absolutism(which is impossible).

Necaladun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 27, 2010, 01:27:56 am »

We've played so close to the Godwin line, that I'm just gonna jump it.

Hitler and company are the worst of the worst that Facism, a right wing ideological movement, had to offer the world.

However, Hitler is not the ultimate aspiration of the right wing (I hope). A military dictatorship such as Hitlers, or Stalins, comes when it is no longer ideal, and their own takes on it are especially corrupted from the original ideals. Being in a dictator's position of power, you've already ripped equality apart. Looking at the L+ issues, Stalin was against a hell of a lot of them.

Obviously, these two mass murderers are extremes. LCS is about extremes, but current day ones. The left wing of the 40s had little to do with animals being able to vote. For a CCS, we need funny policies like that. Gay rights, for instance, I don't know how using radical acts to change society to ban/gas homosexuals is funny.

Necaladun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 27, 2010, 01:29:22 am »

With a few more seconds of thought though, if the CCS used non-violent means of protest, hippy style hug ins, etc, to support the gassing of all homos and a crusade on the middle east...that's kinda amusing.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #202 on: January 27, 2010, 02:13:41 am »

In constructing a radical CCS agenda, you wouldn't focus on gays, you'd focus on the family. Link only to demonstrate that this is an ideologically correct way to frame the issue. Build up the positive about traditional social mores rather than tear down new ideas. From the CCS POV, radical LCS is all about homosexuality and propaganda, while radical CCS is all about traditional family structure being the bedrock for society and culture. I don't know how you'd describe the levels, but that's how I'd attack the issue.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 02:18:22 am by Jonathan S. Fox »

CheGregory

• Bay Watcher
  • Liberal Crime Squad Strikes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 27, 2010, 02:41:21 am »

The workplace will have men and women. All conversation and body language will be constantly monitored by Human Resources personnel via video, audio, and physical observation and any signs of sexual, political, visual, cultural, or "other" harassment will be swiftly and aggressively dealt with.

Who watches the watchmen?
Fan of the "Swords Only LCS"

Necaladun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 27, 2010, 03:04:23 am »

I guess it all depends on the police/death penalty.

In a C+ society, would cops who bash a gay to death get the death penalty?

Conservative Swine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 27, 2010, 03:08:54 am »

Hitler and company are the worst of the worst that Facism, a right wing ideological movement, had to offer the world.

However, Hitler is not the ultimate aspiration of the right wing (I hope). A military dictatorship such as Hitlers, or Stalins, comes when it is no longer ideal, and their own takes on it are especially corrupted from the original ideals. Being in a dictator's position of power, you've already ripped equality apart. Looking at the L+ issues, Stalin was against a hell of a lot of them.

Obviously, these two mass murderers are extremes. LCS is about extremes, but current day ones. The left wing of the 40s had little to do with animals being able to vote. For a CCS, we need funny policies like that. Gay rights, for instance, I don't know how using radical acts to change society to ban/gas homosexuals is funny.
I agree that dictatorship wasn't the goal.

Many of the left wing issues of the past have carried over to the present and the new ones are directly influenced by those of the past.

IMO: the Left-Right divide isn't the most accurate representation of political and economic differences.
Nazism/Fascism "right" has more in common with Communism "left" than it does
with american conservatism.
Who watches the watchmen?
The people from Corporate HR come down for a day once every 6 months to check out some of the paperwork.

In a C+ society, would cops who bash a gay to death get the death penalty?
If being gay is illegal and they resist arrest, maybe not. Cops get away with a lot already.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 04:05:23 am by Conservative Swine »

CheGregory

• Bay Watcher
  • Liberal Crime Squad Strikes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 27, 2010, 09:02:20 am »

I agree that dictatorship wasn't the goal.

Many of the left wing issues of the past have carried over to the present and the new ones are directly influenced by those of the past.

IMO: the Left-Right divide isn't the most accurate representation of political and economic differences.
Nazism/Fascism "right" has more in common with Communism "left" than it does
with american conservatism.

Pinochet would be an example of a extreme right-winger...
As to comparing Facism  and American Conservatives, what they have in common is that the both put up a pointless resistance to the historical dialectic, and are stuck in the past.

Racism...anti-semitism...homophobia...
If slavery, female oppression, and segregation can be overcome...the issues that conservatives fight over today (social issues, the two biggies: abortion/ GLBTQI issues) will be soon righted in the name of Liberalism.
Fan of the "Swords Only LCS"

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 27, 2010, 12:30:24 pm »

Hey guys, how that's CCS game coming?

To help out, I will need to make a list of all the C+ utopia laws that have been suggested. I want to make sure that the CCS is funny and, most of all, politically correct.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 27, 2010, 01:27:20 pm »

The Conservative Agenda (Agendas marked with *s have been brought up before in this thread, everything else is new.)
Military Spending: America is 85% safe from terrorism.
Political Campagining: Political speech is unrestricted./Corporations have the right to free speech.
*Tax Laws: The United States reward innovation via tax breaks. 
Animal Testing: Scientific research is unhindered.
*Homosexual Rights: The United States funds sex change operations for homosexuals wishing to keep their lifepartner.
*Civil Rights: The United States funds race change operations as part of a drive to end racial discrimination forever.
*Women's Rights: The United States funds sex change operations for women wishing to keep their jobs.
*Abortion: All abortions must be approved by the President and a 2/3rd majority vote in Congress.
Pollution: Carbon taxes reduces pollution without harming industry.
Nuclear Power: The United States is free from dependence on foregin oil.
*Free Speech/"Political Correct Speech": Free speech is universially protected.
Death Penalty: The death penalty have deterred crime.
Drugs: The streets are safe from the horrors of illegal drugs.
Flag Burning: The flag is universially protected from potential vandals.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 27, 2010, 01:31:28 pm »

I think I've come up with my most concise argument yet of what the CCS is harder then people realize.

Left wing extremism is not liberalism.  Liberalism is the non-extremist form of left wing ideology.  This is why the SLA was so captivating; liberal terrorism is an oxymoron in a democracy.

Conservatism is a much broader ideology.  Like liberals, there are plenty of moderate conservatives.  But unlike liberalism, conservative terrorism in a democracy is not an oxymoron.  Where the LCS is absurd, the CCS is tragic.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22