Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3646 3647 [3648] 3649 3650 ... 8158

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8853306 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #54705 on: October 25, 2012, 11:49:27 pm »

* Something Evil is derping around on the internet, finds an image as to how to sucker credulous guys into giving you free stuff, traces it back to the original 4chan thread (nsfw, or for one's sanity), reads whole thread.

Faith in humanity: neutralized.

Meh. The guys gets a ton of loot, is happy. All the concerned MMO players give away things they can do without and feels like good people, are happy.

Everyone is happy! Es good!
Misko just said that.

I am sad now. I could use free stuff.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54706 on: October 26, 2012, 12:10:53 am »

* Something Evil is derping around on the internet, finds an image as to how to sucker credulous guys into giving you free stuff, traces it back to the original 4chan thread (nsfw, or for one's sanity), reads whole thread.

You see, this is why I play single-player games and avoid MMOs for the most part. Also why when I do play MMOs I stay away from pretty much everyone - like how I do in real life.

That in turn reminds me that I was feeling kind of down earlier because I was feeling lonely. Well, I guess I just have to get used to isolating myself again. I'm going to be getting my paperwork from the HUD in a month or two and then I'll have to say goodbye to everyone I've known in the past two years because none of them will be able to keep in contact with me and I'll more than likely forget what they even look like within the first week at my new place.

Such is my life, going from one place to another and not being able to keep in touch with anyone. I have exactly one person I will be able to, and that's someone four timezones away who I met in a MUD I no longer play. He hasn't been online in the past three days though so...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #54707 on: October 26, 2012, 01:00:07 am »

shitthatneverhappened.txt

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54708 on: October 26, 2012, 05:36:12 am »

found out it's too late to register for absentee ballots.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #54709 on: October 26, 2012, 06:06:53 am »

This is neither new nor invented by 4Chan. The creepiness extends decades back, I know so because one of my friends did it -_-

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #54710 on: October 26, 2012, 10:48:44 am »

This is neither new nor invented by 4Chan. The creepiness extends decades back, I know so because one of my friends did it -_-
It extends to before MMO games existed? Impressive.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54711 on: October 26, 2012, 10:51:37 am »

First MMO was 1985, though the genre hadn't been titled yet. Text-based mmo's (muds) have been popular since '87, at least, and graphical ones since the mid 1990s (so /almost/ 2 decades for those).

The issue with this particular version of the story is that, obviously, things like Skype wouldn't have been a tool in the manipulation toolbox back then.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #54712 on: October 26, 2012, 10:53:24 am »

Yeah, and saying "I'm a girl lol" in text chat is rather different than doing a fully voiced routine.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #54713 on: October 26, 2012, 10:57:43 am »

Few things are. Still, the fact that it's got such a long history only makes it even creepier.

Yeah, and saying "I'm a girl lol" in text chat is rather different than doing a fully voiced routine.

You have to admire the level of dedication, tho.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #54714 on: October 26, 2012, 04:51:47 pm »

I...   I just had a really bad argument with my mom about the obligation to step in when others are doing the wrong thing. I'm really scared right now, I got so upset that I'm shivering and feel pins and needles throughout my body.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #54715 on: October 26, 2012, 04:56:04 pm »

I...   I just had a really bad argument with my mom about the obligation to step in when others are doing the wrong thing. I'm really scared right now, I got so upset that I'm shivering and feel pins and needles throughout my body.
Moms are Da Evilz.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54716 on: October 26, 2012, 05:00:40 pm »

I think that pint of ice cream was too much >_<

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #54717 on: October 26, 2012, 05:04:01 pm »

Moms are Da Evilz.
Well no it turned out in the end to be a case of miscommunication as I was giving the wrong impression on how I react to people so she got scared, and then I misunderstood her point and blew up cause I felt terrified that she said something that appeared to highly contradict my ideals.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #54718 on: October 26, 2012, 05:04:32 pm »

Lies. There is never too much ice cream. Only not enough stomach.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54719 on: October 26, 2012, 05:10:13 pm »

Lies. There is never too much ice cream. Only not enough stomach.
Only a pint? I could easily go through an eighth of a gallon of ice cream before getting ill.

Shh.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 3646 3647 [3648] 3649 3650 ... 8158