Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1698722 times)

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread -
« Reply #3000 on: April 26, 2010, 04:56:15 pm »

There are a ton of cool new features, which were gonna be a fun surprise.. So yeah.. "Surprise!" I guess ;)
I never ran Stonesense until this latest DF build (because I mainly used Visualizer as it could see "more" map at once... ie: grand scale imagery of entire fort) but I haven't seen anything that hasn't been in screen shots... besides the Reveal like ability and Petr or someone had a picture of snow... was there anything else of major importance added?

Maybe I should just wait for the changelog.  :-\
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: April 27, 2010, 02:10:17 am »

what do you guys think of this?

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonesene at Google Code
« Reply #3002 on: April 27, 2010, 03:14:32 am »

@Askot Bokbondeler: Hehe I really like em. Awesome how the miners have little candle helmets ;) Oh and for the record, I personally don't think the female dwarfs need beards. You should configure up an XML and upload it to the Content Repository so other people can try em :)

@Andir: Hehe thanks yeah, there are some major additions, so stay tuned :)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: April 27, 2010, 03:17:51 am »

I found a minor bug in colours, using Peter's "release" (thanks): rock salt is brownish instead of white.

Keep up the good job, guys. I can't wait for the official release.

rock salt isn't white, it's pink.

but your right, it's a little dark. I fixed that now.

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: April 27, 2010, 04:33:01 am »

the new not official release simply crashes outright when i run it on my older windows xp computer. which makes me sad, ive been building away busily and i really want a visualizer compatible with the current version to get a look at what my structures look like.

any info i can provide that could he helpful for development here?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: April 27, 2010, 04:41:22 am »

the new not official release simply crashes outright when i run it on my older windows xp computer. which makes me sad, ive been building away busily and i really want a visualizer compatible with the current version to get a look at what my structures look like.

any info i can provide that could he helpful for development here?

post the log, and try turning off opengl in the init.

what videocard do you have?

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: April 27, 2010, 05:03:47 am »

what do you guys think of this?
Awesome. Especially the soldiers! I'll be using these if you make a complete set.
Just a couple of minor beefs - the female miner's candle needs shifting to the left, and the outlines of the goblins look washed out.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: April 27, 2010, 09:51:34 am »

Can't wait for the official version!  Unofficial versions tend to make me a bit paranoid.  No offense meant of course.

Hell I didn't even start using the 40d# versions regularly til d11.  All I did with it before then was test it to see if it works with my system.

Anyway is that new info part with the temperature information part of the regular version or something just there for testing?  I always liked poking around and seeing what temperature things were, but it was always a hassle before.  If stonesense does it I would find it significantly easier.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: April 27, 2010, 10:04:52 am »

yeah, the temperature info will most likely be there, but some of that info will need to go, since it's getting a bit cluttered.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: April 27, 2010, 10:12:39 am »

Yay! 

And since I have you here *handcuffs to railing*  If I have a fortress race with 10 different castes (5 different main castes with a male and female version of each) can I have the spritesheets for each caste as a separate image file or do I have to stick them all into a single file?  And would I have to make multiple xmls to point to the separate files if I do?

Oh and if I have to stick them all in one file, is there a maximum number of sprites that can be in one file?

(This is of course assuming stonesense can identify different castes at this point as anything other than [MALE] and [FEMALE])
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 10:36:41 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: April 27, 2010, 10:15:24 am »

yeah, the temperature info will most likely be there, but some of that info will need to go, since it's getting a bit cluttered.
... maybe a nice mouseover feature that gives detail on tiles under the cursor if the engine you are using makes it easy... toggled of course.  That would be annoying all the time.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: April 27, 2010, 10:26:25 am »

Yay! 

And since I have you here *handcuffs to railing*  If I have a fortress race with 10 different castes (5 different main castes with a male and female version of each) can I have the spritesheets for each caste as a separate image file or do I have to stick them all into a single file?  And would I have to make multiple xmls to point to the separate files if I do?

Oh and if I have to stick them all in one file, is there a maximum number of sprites that can be in one file?

(This is of course assuming stonesense can identify different castes at this point as anything other than [MALE] and [FEMALE])

you can have as many spritesheets as you want, with as many XML files as you want, but stonesense cannot currently identify castes. I'll try to get that working ASAP

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: April 27, 2010, 10:36:29 am »

*unlocks the handcuff*
Well I can't expect you to support every crazy thing a modder has ever done. :D

But caste support would be pretty much at the top of my wishlist.  I already have blue green black and white scaled versions of my Dracon, and it would be spiffy to eventually be able to see them wandering around the fortress instead of having to go all the way into a personality screen just to see "Her scales are green".

Don't go out of your way just for me though, There probably aren't alot of folks that are doing something weird like that with castes.

ChokingVictim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: April 27, 2010, 01:13:45 pm »

@Askot Bokbondeler: Oh and for the record, I personally don't think the female dwarfs need beards.

What blasphemy!

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #3014 on: April 27, 2010, 01:17:58 pm »

@Askot Bokbondeler: Oh and for the record, I personally don't think the female dwarfs need beards.

What blasphemy!

But... DF girl-dwarfs don't have beards... Toady mentioned this a couple of times, and IIRC, they don't have them in the descriptions either...
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 379