Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1696532 times)

TGRaiden

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread - Now with .16 support
« Reply #4335 on: November 16, 2010, 04:28:15 pm »

I got the new memory.xml file and  even placed my Stonesense folder inside my 31.16 folder.  Still no luck.  Perhaps it just doesn't like my system.

Thanks for the suggestions.  Was hoping Stonesense would make learning DF a little easier.

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: November 16, 2010, 06:02:14 pm »

Any idea about when support for 0.17 might be made available. I'm running an LP on another site, and one of the problems I foolishly didn't anticipate is people unfamiliar to DF having a large amount of difficult deciphering each screenshot. Stonesense would probably help a lot with that, since it's easier to understand at a first glance than ASCII graphics.

Since .18 is out now, would it even be worth it? I imagine they'd jump ahead to the version that came out 5 days later.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: November 16, 2010, 06:47:41 pm »

Yea I think that's basically how it went.  If I recall the post in the DFhack thread correctly .31.17 has officially been marked down as a bugged release by the DFHack folks and is not going to be fully supported*.

(*A couple tools work but the majority of the stuff like what utilities like stonesense need probably aren't going to be found for .17)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: November 16, 2010, 07:02:36 pm »

Any idea about when support for 0.17 might be made available. I'm running an LP on another site, and one of the problems I foolishly didn't anticipate is people unfamiliar to DF having a large amount of difficult deciphering each screenshot. Stonesense would probably help a lot with that, since it's easier to understand at a first glance than ASCII graphics.

Since .18 is out now, would it even be worth it? I imagine they'd jump ahead to the version that came out 5 days later.

Well at the time I made that comment I didn't realize that a new version had been released.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: November 16, 2010, 09:25:46 pm »

Touche.

bowdown2q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: November 16, 2010, 11:04:41 pm »

Touche.

I'm not touching anything, you explicative deleted!

If I knew anything about coding, I'd see if I cant get dfoffset to return some useful values for .17/.18, but, hey, I'm a tabletop game geek, not a codejockey.

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonesene at Google Code
« Reply #4341 on: November 17, 2010, 04:33:13 am »

... I'm a tabletop game geek ...

Not to sidetrack the thread, but aren't we all  :D

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: November 17, 2010, 02:12:54 pm »

... I'm a tabletop game geek ...

Not to sidetrack the thread, but aren't we all  :D
Here on the DF forums? Sure seems like it.

Afthartos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: November 17, 2010, 07:50:03 pm »

Just jump over .17 and go straight to .18
YOU SIR, HAVE COMMITED DORF SCIENCE!

niko86

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: November 18, 2010, 04:52:28 am »

Touche.

If I knew anything about coding, I'd see if I cant get dfoffset to return some useful values for .17/.18, but, hey, I'm a tabletop game geek, not a codejockey.

Wikipedia
The word "touché" is also often used in popular culture and general conversation — for example, in an argument or debate — to commend someone on a clever response to an argument.

On topic I've not been able to get stonesense to work with .16 and the new memory.xml. Everytime I load the program I get a rapidly flashing screen, alternating between Connecting to DF... and a light blue screen with refresh rates figures etc.

I'm running windows 7 64bit and have tried compatibility mode for xp sp2 and also admin rights. Neither options change anything when used seperately or together.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4345 on: November 18, 2010, 05:16:15 am »

Touche.

Wikipedia
The word "touché" is also often used in popular culture and general conversation — for example, in an argument or debate — to commend someone on a clever response to an argument.
Douché

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: November 18, 2010, 05:45:12 am »

Touche.

Wikipedia
Douché
couché
(I wanted to use the other rhyme but I don't think that kind of vulgarity is allowed here)

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonesene at Google Code
« Reply #4347 on: November 18, 2010, 06:12:55 am »

alternating between Connecting to DF... and a light blue screen with refresh rates figures etc.

I'm running windows 7 64bit and have tried compatibility mode for xp sp2 and also admin rights. Neither options change anything when used seperately or together.

There are two things we should try:
1) a long shot, but it's worked for some people: try open the init.txt and disable the intro.
2) Try downloading the dfHack tools, and see if they work. This might clue us in to what is going on.

Dark_Tundra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #4348 on: November 18, 2010, 06:56:40 am »

Japa,
Is there any way currently to check for outside/inside? I seem to remember talking about it to you at some point(maybe) and I don't remember if it was put in.
It doesn't appear to be in the sprite guide as far as I can see, but I just want to double check before I make any assumptions.
Thanks.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #4349 on: November 18, 2010, 07:23:10 am »

border_dark_OR and border_light_OR.

if you want to have a look at a conclusive, guaranteed up-to-date list, you can read the source here, starting at line 205
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 379