Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1698724 times)

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #4755 on: February 28, 2011, 01:19:59 am »

Just download stonesense and the last memory.xml . There is links to both in the fisrt post of this thread.

Necalli

• Bay Watcher
  • amusing ourselves to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: March 01, 2011, 12:27:10 pm »

I tried the quick-fix a few pages back and none of the three solutions worked. I had the same error (a missing .dll) as the other guy, but with no way to fix it. :C
You might try this, additionally:
- Download Japa's IsoWorld 0.9, unrar it (a handy utility itself, mind you).
- Copy those files from IsoWorld to Stonesense directory:
allegro-5.0.dll
allegro_dialog-5.0.dll
allegro_font-5.0.dll
allegro_image-5.0.dll
allegro_primitives-5.0.dll
allegro_ttf-5.0.dll
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 12:53:57 pm by Necalli »

Rushmik

• Bay Watcher
  • Militia? Oh, you mean *serrated steel discs*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: March 01, 2011, 07:45:45 pm »

Works perfectly! Thanks. :)

Necalli

• Bay Watcher
  • amusing ourselves to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: March 01, 2011, 08:57:05 pm »

Oh, and for those who demand seeing dwarves and other minor creatures: don't forget to update your Memory.xml
Just bumping it.

Granite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: March 01, 2011, 10:17:27 pm »

Oh, and for those who demand seeing dwarves and other minor creatures: don't forget to update your Memory.xml
Just bumping it.
Thanks1 :D

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: March 03, 2011, 10:22:52 am »

... i didn't realize I already had everything to get it working with 31.19 on my computer already, dwarves visible and everything... and didn't even know it.

If there was any reason to get 31.19, it's now this.  Love the way the new content is looking, can't wait to play with it... and is that an adventurer shot? No more grey walls at the edge of your vision? Cause I'd love you forever for that.  :D
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: March 03, 2011, 10:32:47 am »

If there was any reason to get 31.19, it's now this.

Dang it! That's so not fair!
Just because some of use have been sticking with .18... :P

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: March 03, 2011, 01:54:24 pm »

I am confused, per usual, but....

The title page says 31.16 compatible, yet people are posting 31.19 will work if you add in one file (that seems to lead to a webpage...).

I am unsure exactly what to do with this. Would someone please be so kind as to instruct me on what to do?

Thank you.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: March 03, 2011, 02:18:51 pm »

1) download the Stonesense provided in the link on the first page

2)save the linked memory.xml provided on the first page in the folder you extracted stonesense

3) :o

4) profit

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: March 03, 2011, 02:25:16 pm »

2)save the linked memory.xml provided on the first page in the folder you extracted stonesense

4) profit

Ok, but won't that only give me the xml compatible for for 31.19? I thought that was just the stuff for 31.16?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: March 03, 2011, 02:42:40 pm »

The memory.xml is updated to 31.19. You won't get all those nice and varied grasses yet, though.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: March 03, 2011, 03:45:06 pm »

I think the OP is missing, and that may explain the lack of updates to the first post.  If I understand it properly Japa is the main one working on it, but since he isn't the OP he can't update the first post.

If I understand it correctly he's doing his best making sure the links in the first post link to the updated files properly, regardless of what the OP says.  And it's probably a minor miracle that has worked out so far.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: March 03, 2011, 05:05:07 pm »

4) profit
Ok, but won't that only give me the xml compatible for for 31.19?

I downloaded and substituted the newly released memory.xml like everyone says to do, but for me it still fails to show dwarves or any creatures. I think that's because I'm using 31.18.

I would really appreciate it if someone else chimes in on whether or not they were able to get this to work with 31.18. I'd like to confirm as fact whether or not the new memory offsets only work for 31.19.

So, to me, it seems rather presumptuous to say "4) profit" without being more specific.

The memory.xml is updated to 31.19.

At this point, it seems like it could be more accurate to say "The memory.xml is updated for 31.19." Saying "to 31.19" implies that it works for every version from 31.16 through 31.19.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #4768 on: March 03, 2011, 05:44:11 pm »

Sorry, thundercraft. I just checked my 31.18 fort with stonesense (both an old copy with the new xml and the svn copy) and they both don't show critters...

Perhaps with the new algorithm work being done on DFhack, we might be able to create a xml for 31.18 later?
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: March 03, 2011, 06:04:32 pm »

I was trying to help and I'm rather broken at English. And I was really answering Truean, whom didn't made clear what version he was using.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 02:27:29 am by thvaz »
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 379