Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1698736 times)

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #5535 on: March 20, 2012, 08:35:54 pm »

The easiest solution would probably be some very basic 3d box modeling of furniture rendered out in a cell shaded style.  Much easier than hunting for photographs or photoshopping or trying to draw stuff from reference.  Unless you want extravagant or accurate drapery, furniture is very quick and easy to model.
You'll find it very hard to get it to look nice. You'd prolly need to put more effort into the model, texture, and render than you would with just drawing a sprite.

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5536 on: March 21, 2012, 12:32:04 am »

I'm still alive, just been working on boring background stuff like xml formatting and rearranging sprite sheets and making alternate poses. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
where is up?

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5537 on: March 21, 2012, 04:50:14 pm »

I've been meaning to play around with the equipment stuff, but i can't seem to get the XML stuff right, Japa had one syntax a few pages back, and there's a different set of syntax in clothed_dwarves.xml but neither of them seem to work properly.

What's the proper syntax for clothing, and will i have to duplicate the clothing stuff for every variation type?

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5538 on: March 21, 2012, 06:13:35 pm »

I think the syntax in clothed_dwarves.xml is correct.  If you want amore exhaustive example you can check here.  I'm not sure if any of the clothing stuff has made it to the release version of dfhack yet though, so uless you compiled it yourself the clothing won't show up yet (I think).
where is up?

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5539 on: March 21, 2012, 06:28:33 pm »

That did the trick! my sprites can now have clothes!

They don't seem to get colored by dyes tho, is that a possibility in the future?

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5540 on: March 21, 2012, 06:53:59 pm »

That did the trick! my sprites can now have clothes!

They don't seem to get colored by dyes tho, is that a possibility in the future?
Yes, Japa has dyes working (observe midnight blue dimple dye in my screenshot) and that should be in the next version. 
where is up?

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5541 on: March 21, 2012, 07:02:00 pm »

excellent!

this xml file is going to be hilarious to make, i have 88 castes XD

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5542 on: March 21, 2012, 08:04:17 pm »

I have an issue where it takes forever to load from DF.

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5543 on: March 22, 2012, 11:46:58 pm »

I have an issue where it takes forever to load from DF.
Are you using the correct version of Stonesense (from the DFHack thread)? If you are, then I definitely need more information than that to help you. 

Does it hang forever? What OS are you using? What version of DF are you running? What game mode are you trying to run? Does your computer have a video card? If you're playing fort mode, how big is your embark?
where is up?

cousac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5544 on: March 24, 2012, 02:05:39 pm »

Hi me again :P. I asked about layering the beds. Different question this time. I'd like to make some items which would either be laying around or be in stockpiles. Is there a way to have items displayed? or do you still have to add that feature?

"Ahright, lissen up; you malodorous, malformed, putrescent, 'mok-forsaken lil' mini-orcs! I'm here to drink some tea and kick some asses. Either way, sumptin' gonna get tea-bagged tonight!"

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5545 on: March 24, 2012, 03:41:00 pm »

Working on adding that feature right now, though sprites are always welcome.

Right now you can make sprites and test them using custom buildings, until I get items working right.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 03:44:32 pm by Japa »

cousac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5546 on: March 24, 2012, 03:48:52 pm »

Working on adding that feature right now, though sprites are always welcome.

Right now you can make sprites and test them using custom buildings, until I get items working right.

Very cool! I am using blender3d to produce some sprites with different LOD for different zooms.  It's an experiment, but one I am having fun with :) I'll keep watching the thread. Good Luck :)

"Ahright, lissen up; you malodorous, malformed, putrescent, 'mok-forsaken lil' mini-orcs! I'm here to drink some tea and kick some asses. Either way, sumptin' gonna get tea-bagged tonight!"

cousac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5547 on: March 24, 2012, 10:03:43 pm »

One more thing, sorry if it is a stupid question. What "camera" angle are you fellows basing your images on? reason I ask is that there seems to be no fewer than 3 different angles that can be used for isometric views. :p

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5548 on: March 24, 2012, 10:06:26 pm »

Japa, you are a god among dwarves! That feature is amazing! :O

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5549 on: March 25, 2012, 12:30:58 am »

One more thing, sorry if it is a stupid question. What "camera" angle are you fellows basing your images on? reason I ask is that there seems to be no fewer than 3 different angles that can be used for isometric views. :p

we don't use any camera at all.

we draw our stuff in paint.
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 379