Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1696475 times)

strich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - The isometric visualizer, official thread
« Reply #495 on: November 04, 2009, 10:02:52 pm »

that looks like the next graphics tier up, though.
What do you mean? WHats the difference between it and the graphics being done now?

Much higher resolution.

e: actually upon inspection, it's not THAT much higher.  Hmm.
Indeed. I think we need to make the move. Is there any reason not to? Honestly?

tehmarken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 04, 2009, 10:26:58 pm »

Well, currently for 2d tilesets, the largest ones seem to be 16x16 pixel. Stone sense seems to use 32x32 pixel blocks, with the triangles taken out around the corners. Seem sot give an effective square of about 24x24 in the center there.

One thing I've noticed, is that when I have stockpiles, they are completely unshown in Stonesense. Does stonesense not know how to deal with stockpiles? It seems like the individual objects (barrels, beds, doors) show up fine in the world, but just not in a stockpile.

I'm at work right now (English teacher in Japan, so I'm GMT +8), but later today I'll going to scour this thread and consolidate all the graphical things I can. I'm also working on converting each class of dwarf; I'm using Mayday's tileset as my base (I really love his style of dwarves).

And that windmill looks awesome. Dunno how animation will go about getting done, but that would be epic :)

EDIT: To anybody working on graphics, I found a nifty overview of working in isometric, and converting 2D->iso : http://pixel-zone.rpgdx.net/shtml/tut-isometric.shtml
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 10:28:58 pm by tehmarken »

Octopusfluff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 04, 2009, 11:25:10 pm »

One thing I've noticed, is that when I have stockpiles, they are completely unshown in Stonesense. Does stonesense not know how to deal with stockpiles? It seems like the individual objects (barrels, beds, doors) show up fine in the world, but just not in a stockpile.

Stonesense doesn't know about objects at all yet; that'll require more advancement in the dfhack library. Beds and doors are considered buildings, not objects. Barrels are objects, so do not show up. Stockpiles can be toggled (Didja read the readme file? :D ), but in the current release, they don't have any sprites configured. You'll have to fetch newer files from SVN.

7¢ Nickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 04, 2009, 11:38:14 pm »

Ok I modified the & to be more in line with the .raw so click for HORRORS!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 11:52:56 pm by 7¢ Nickel »

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 04, 2009, 11:52:41 pm »

I'm curious, how are water/magma levels going to be handled?
will there be a sprite for each of the 7 levels, or will it stay full no matter the water level?
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Impaler[WrG]

• Bay Watcher
  • Khazad Project Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: November 05, 2009, 12:16:22 am »

Its already done with the 7 sprites.
Khazad the Isometric Fortress Engine
Extract forts from DF, load and save them to file and view them in full 3D

Khazad Home Thread
Khazad v0.0.5 Download

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 05, 2009, 01:03:45 am »

Sorry that I've been rather useless for art recently... I've been moving out of my old place in a bit of a hurry. Now that I've settled down, I've got a bit more time to work on stuff.

I took a crack at rendering Nickle's awesome Windmill design as separate tiles. The rotation animation should be pretty easy from here too, using the cardinal directions. I also threw in a slightly stouter Vertical Axle too. More sprites to come!

« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 01:25:02 am by Solifuge »

Issidro

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 05, 2009, 01:23:17 am »

So I have a question, seeing as I only have a laptop at the moment. Is there a way I or you can change the auto-animate feature to a different set of keys? I have seen videos of this mod in action, and it would really get me back into DF, but I don't get as much out of it when I have to switch over to the other window and press 'R' continuously to get a movie going. I searched through the text files and couldn't find a way to do it. And with this utility being so new, there of course was no information on how to change it on any search engines.

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 05, 2009, 02:04:41 am »

Sorry that I've been rather useless for art recently... I've been moving out of my old place in a bit of a hurry. Now that I've settled down, I've got a bit more time to work on stuff.

I took a crack at rendering Nickle's awesome Windmill design as separate tiles. The rotation animation should be pretty easy from here too, using the cardinal directions. I also threw in a slightly stouter Vertical Axle too. More sprites to come!

I have a question. Since all 4 wind cathing parts (how do you call them in english?) are same, how will the picture change when it rotates? It would be simple when there are only 2 of them, but 4?
It is so much easier to measure life in experience points...

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 05, 2009, 02:29:10 am »

They'd point north, south, east, and west, rather than north west, north east, south west, and south east.
!!&!!

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 05, 2009, 03:23:26 am »

wind cathing parts (how do you call them in english?)
Vanes or sails.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 05, 2009, 05:39:14 am »

Dunno how animation will go about getting done, but that would be epic :)
Currently buildings have a whole bunch of conditional options. It wouldnt be particularly difficult to make something like "is this an even or odd frame" another condition. (Or to get more detailed- I'm thinking 6 frame options would allow both 3 and 2 frame animations, as well as half speed versions of each)

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 05, 2009, 06:18:31 am »

Actually, my crash was also on a glacier. It worked fine until I started digging a little more. Anything I can do to fix? Can a fix be incoming?

That whole pump thing causing the crashes?
The "Unable to load building config buildings/Pump.xml" message just means that we dont have a file for configuring the screwpump. The system should quite happily ignore the missing file. It's more likely to be something to do with the glacier, especially if you dug down to the bottom ice level- glaciers are notorious for wierdness.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 05, 2009, 06:28:35 am »

First, let me say that this application is amazing, and I love it. I hope this hasn't been addressed already; I admit that I've skimmed a lot of the thread. However...
I've been playing around with adding in some creature sprites to get rid of "?"s. My latest one is a donkey. I added it in, loaded it up, everything seemed to be working fine, when, lo and behold...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There are no fish or anything near that tile, and I can assure you that I have no water walking Jesus-donkeys in my fortress, so I don't know what's going on. Any clue what I'm doing wrong?

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 05, 2009, 07:52:25 am »

pretty donkey :D

trees should be scaled up
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 379