Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 151

Author Topic: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - Mafia wins. Cheeetar calls Shenanigans.  (Read 280667 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day4 - 12 alive, 2/2 replacements gained
« Reply #1830 on: December 15, 2009, 05:19:37 pm »

RedWarrior0, you're posting other places but seem to be avoiding us like the plague.  What's your current batch of suspicions?
First of all, the night was about a week. So I couldn't post then obviously. I sort of lost interest, but I'm hanging in.

Thoughts:
Org is Roleblocking web... why? Still waiting for an explanation.
Also, I need to reread some of what has happened before I get a good feel for it.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: December 15, 2009, 05:20:21 pm »

Sleepytime. Don't get too overeager in my absence. :3
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: December 15, 2009, 05:29:53 pm »

I also am going to die tonight, because they went for the Doc, which means they're after me next, or they would've kept SirBayer. I'm assuming that the Mafia, losing their best player, is probably down to Org and eduren, with Org being the convert target on Day 1.
What makes you think that I am scum? Furthermore, if I were then why would I have saved your ass Day1? Whether or not I actually had the power to do so I saved you nonetheless. Why, as scum, would I pass up the opportunity to eliminate a great townplayer at little cost to myself?

As for my suspicions, dakarian is starting to make sense about Person, I am still surprised that Org is able to turn on a computer, and Vector seems very unconfrontational.

Dakarian: If Mr. Person flips town, who are you going after next?

Vector: Who looks suspicious to you?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: December 15, 2009, 05:55:00 pm »

I also am going to die tonight, because they went for the Doc, which means they're after me next, or they would've kept SirBayer. I'm assuming that the Mafia, losing their best player, is probably down to Org and eduren, with Org being the convert target on Day 1.
What makes you think that I am scum? Furthermore, if I were then why would I have saved your ass Day1? Whether or not I actually had the power to do so I saved you nonetheless. Why, as scum, would I pass up the opportunity to eliminate a great townplayer at little cost to myself?

WIFOM.  The reason is WIFOM.

Vector: Who looks suspicious to you?

To be honest, I need to go do a big trawl to figure out what's changed now that CK has flipped scum.  Finals are eating a lot of my time, so I don't have a nice big 5-hour chunk to take notes on this sucker.

I'll probably be able to get something substantial up by Friday at the earliest, because that's when my last test is.

Anyway, I don't feel good about any of our little 5-man-band of lurkers, and I'd like all of them to talk more. 

Of the active people... hm.  Meph, Webadict, and ToonyMan are probably town.  I need to go back to look at Cheeetar, Dakarian, and Mr. Person to see how they interacted with various folks yesterday, given that they've been a little knot of scummy snarliness for the last while.  My guess is that there's either one or two scum flying around in there, and the rest can be found in the lurker crew.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: December 15, 2009, 06:20:40 pm »

Ah, ok, looks like I simply misremembered the number of times Org blocked Webadict.

I am curious as to why, though. Don't you have any suspicions as to whom the scum might be, Org?
Meh. You were, but I kept changing between you and deciding using RNG. RNG won oiut.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: December 15, 2009, 06:22:36 pm »

RNG is scummy, we don't learn anything about you Org.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: December 15, 2009, 06:23:07 pm »

But what's the point.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: December 15, 2009, 06:25:13 pm »

WHat is this I dont even

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: December 15, 2009, 06:26:27 pm »

Org...it's day 4. This isn't the time to be randomly deciding things. There is plenty of information available for you to do something with. At the very least you should have some ideas about who is and isn't scum. Do you think webadict is scum? Do you think role-blocking him was good for the town?

You've got to start actively scum-hunting and analyzing things. You can't just do random actions throughout the game and expect to win!

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: December 15, 2009, 06:28:51 pm »

But...thats what I do for most of my other games...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: December 15, 2009, 06:33:07 pm »

But...thats what I do for most of my other games...

I know that. I'm painfully aware of it. It's also why, unless you get really lucky, you never help your team win regardless of whether you're town or scum.

Org, I'm going to keep my vote on you until you start actually playing these games instead of acting like a poorly written bot!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: December 15, 2009, 06:34:32 pm »

Oh, if I wasn't taking this game seriously I would so policy lynch Org.

D:<

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: December 15, 2009, 07:06:04 pm »

Thats mean, but I guess I understand.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: December 15, 2009, 07:52:53 pm »

Oh, if I wasn't taking this game seriously I would so policy lynch Org.

D:<

+1. He needs a few pressure votes, right now he's going for RiA, which is a null-tell .He's either faking acting crazy or legitimately acting crazy, but neither are scumtells. Still, if he keeps it up, his anti-town behavior more than justifies a lynch on him. The pressure votes would be to force him to do something different.

I would pressure vote him, but you know, Webadict is scum and all. On the other hand, if Org keeps up his RiA, vote-hopping time!

As to why Dak and Meph would be town, well, I figure even if both of them are scum, we would be better off trying to get the other scum dead first. Besides, I don't think Meph would pull a "lynch me" stunt as scum. That's an extreme bluff to make. I know a few players who might try it, but Meph is NOT one of them.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: December 15, 2009, 08:18:01 pm »

Well, ToonyMan, could you provide a recap of why you so firmly believed Cobalt was town, other than the fact that I was acting scummy to you and also voting for Cobalt.

Being wrong.  I was being wrong, OK?

So, you have absolutely no reason you believed Cobalt was town, other than me acting scummy to you and also voting for Cobalt. I'm pretty sure you were just trying desperately to prevent the lynch of your scum partner.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 151