Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 151

Author Topic: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - Mafia wins. Cheeetar calls Shenanigans.  (Read 279526 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day4 - 12 alive, 2/2 replacements gained
« Reply #1860 on: December 16, 2009, 01:38:23 am »

sorry i decide to do some question asking of my own at this point.

Is there some reason why you're suddenly being passive, Diakron?  You see, the only good reason I can see you to do that is if you're scum.  Why should you apologize for scumhunting, rather than explaining and moving on?

This is nonsense.

UnvoteDiakron.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: December 16, 2009, 02:15:05 am »

right now he's going for RiA, which is a null-tell .
wait, so RiA is a null tell? It's just another form of WIFOM (If I was scum, why on earth would I do something that scummy?), but it's null? Mr.Person.

Exactly like WIFOM, it's only scummy if used maliciously. I don't think Org is trying to be malicious, but he does need to be more clear.

I'm somewhat confused, Mr. Anti-Town Lyncher.  Whence the sudden change in attitude?  First you go "LYNCH ALL THE ANTI-TOWNIES," and now you're saying "Doesn't matter how much WIFOM you spew, what matters is your intent--which I can clearly figure out with my Brains of Steel."

That seems rather contradictory.

Umm, what? I don't even know what you're trying to say. I think you're trying to imply it's not possible to figure out a person's intent, which is laughably false. What do you think the point of the game is? Oh gosh, it's to figure out a person's alignment. If you figure out a person's alignment, it's trivial to figure out their intents and goals.

It's quite easy to find someone's intent, somtimes. Do their actions and mannerisms match their words? If not, they're lying and are thus not town. If they do match up, that doesn't make them town or anything, but it does mean they aren't lying. Org's never claimed to be active or normal or anything, really, so his mannerism (acting weird) doesn't prove anything on his own. It's annoying enough to ask him to stop, but it's not even close to enough to lynch him. Of course, if he keeps it up, that makes him uncooperative scum of some sort, but I doubt he's going to keep his crap up.

Hence why he needs to talk more. We need something from him to determine his alignment. If he doesn't on purpose, that's engaging in behavior known to be anti-town, which is lynchable.

Nothing contradictory here. I think Org is town, so I'm not going to lynch him. Lynching might be for the mafia, but I'll take any scum I can get my hands on, really. You know, serial killers, survivors, lynchers, w/e. All anti-town scum, really, that need to go. Better that they get nightkilled by the mafia, but if I think I've found someone who's not on the town, I'll go after them.

Of course, I only think Org is town for now because I'm more certain of Webadict and Cheeetar, but hey, once he talks more, it will all make more sense.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: December 16, 2009, 02:43:33 am »

right now he's going for RiA, which is a null-tell .
wait, so RiA is a null tell? It's just another form of WIFOM (If I was scum, why on earth would I do something that scummy?), but it's null? Mr.Person.

Exactly like WIFOM, it's only scummy if used maliciously. I don't think Org is trying to be malicious, but he does need to be more clear.

I'm somewhat confused, Mr. Anti-Town Lyncher.  Whence the sudden change in attitude?  First you go "LYNCH ALL THE ANTI-TOWNIES," and now you're saying "Doesn't matter how much WIFOM you spew, what matters is your intent--which I can clearly figure out with my Brains of Steel."

That seems rather contradictory.

Umm, what? I don't even know what you're trying to say. I think you're trying to imply it's not possible to figure out a person's intent, which is laughably false. What do you think the point of the game is? Oh gosh, it's to figure out a person's alignment. If you figure out a person's alignment, it's trivial to figure out their intents and goals.

It's quite easy to find someone's intent, somtimes. Do their actions and mannerisms match their words? If not, they're lying and are thus not town. If they do match up, that doesn't make them town or anything, but it does mean they aren't lying. Org's never claimed to be active or normal or anything, really, so his mannerism (acting weird) doesn't prove anything on his own. It's annoying enough to ask him to stop, but it's not even close to enough to lynch him. Of course, if he keeps it up, that makes him uncooperative scum of some sort, but I doubt he's going to keep his crap up.

Hence why he needs to talk more. We need something from him to determine his alignment. If he doesn't on purpose, that's engaging in behavior known to be anti-town, which is lynchable.

Nothing contradictory here. I think Org is town, so I'm not going to lynch him. Lynching might be for the mafia, but I'll take any scum I can get my hands on, really. You know, serial killers, survivors, lynchers, w/e. All anti-town scum, really, that need to go. Better that they get nightkilled by the mafia, but if I think I've found someone who's not on the town, I'll go after them.

Sorry, I'm very tired.

Generally, I play this game with the idea that we will start from a player's actions, and from there attempt to determine their alignment.  If their actions look scummy, then they are probably scum.  I am not entirely sure how you propose to determine intent when actions are declaring "scum" and alignment is indeterminable.

Rather, that's what I thought you were saying... geez, I seem to really need to go sleep or something.  I don't disagree that Org needs to talk more, and I see now that we have different definitions of "anti-town."  I was thinking more "annoying/noob/pain-in-the-ass," and you seem to be thinking "non-town-aligned."

I also thought that by RiA, you meant purposeful RiA, as opposed to what he does all the time.  From my point of view, the term "RiA" refers only to weird behavior with the intent to confuse, whereas WIFOM can be accidental.  In any case, it seems that you meant "RiA is null in the context of Org," rather than "RiA is always null."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: December 16, 2009, 03:47:43 am »

VOTE COUNT FESTIVITIES
ToonyMan [2]: Cheeetar, Diakron
Mr.Person [2]: Dakarian, RedWarrior0
Org [2]: Webadict, Mephansteras
Cheeetar [1]: ToonyMan
Webadict [1]: Mr.Person
RedWarrior0 [1]: Vector

==[] to lych
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: December 16, 2009, 04:22:33 am »

Exactly.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: December 16, 2009, 04:35:03 am »

OH BLOODY HELL.

Looks like we can't unvote.  Or... something.  Pfaugh.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: December 16, 2009, 04:40:50 am »

Wait, never mind.  It's a different version of hammer, where (I'm guessing) someone applies the ==[] symbol to someone's name and they are lynched.  Weird.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: December 16, 2009, 04:44:06 am »

Or you failed to unvote correctly?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: December 16, 2009, 05:52:21 am »

You need to specify who you are unvoting.
E.g.

Unvote thatguy. Vote thisguy.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: December 16, 2009, 12:08:21 pm »

Vargh.

You're right, I'm just too tired.  Unvote RedWarrior0Vote Diakron.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: December 16, 2009, 01:33:08 pm »

blargh I am dead and also sad please avenge me

or whatever you could also go out for lunch

without me

:<
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: December 16, 2009, 02:58:33 pm »

Well, ToonyMan, could you provide a recap of why you so firmly believed Cobalt was town, other than the fact that I was acting scummy to you and also voting for Cobalt.

Being wrong.  I was being wrong, OK?

So, you have absolutely no reason you believed Cobalt was town, other than me acting scummy to you and also voting for Cobalt. I'm pretty sure you were just trying desperately to prevent the lynch of your scum partner.

Also: Why are you voting for me?

BALGHAJRHJKAJK.  Oh come on!

D:
D:::
D::::::::::::::::

Ok, ok, let's go through this without going insane ToonyMan.

Cheeetar, yesterday there was a lynching piling on CobaltKobold, no?  At first I thought he was scum by saying yeah, he was scum.  He was at -1 to lynch and you quoted me and told me to lynch him.  I said no.  You questioned why I didn't.  This got a thought in my head, you we're trying to get me to kill CobaltKobold!  I have to remember not to make scumlists as often, people get so attached to it.  Like I said earlier, scumlists for me are just who I'm going at right now.  It's helpful to the town and to me.  It does not mean I want them dead (yet!).  I found your motives suspicious and labeled you as scum, THINKING that CobaltKobold is probably town as no scum would push to town to hammer their buddy unless it was bussing (it was).  LATER, CobaltKobold flings out suspicions left and right, kinda scummy, but I shrugged it off.  THEN, he's lynched by a hammer from Dakarian or something I don't remember.  NOW, you (Cheeetar) are voting me, because I said CobaltKobold was town, BECAUSE OF YOU.  I predicted you would try to lynch me today, and I was right.  YOU ARE THE SCUM GOOD SIR.  YOU ARE MAKING ME EXPLAIN WHY I AM VOTING YOU EVERY GOD DAMN MINUTE.

No, I was not trying to stop the lynch of my scum partner, I was trying to stop the lynch of SOMEONE I THOUGHT WAS TOWN.

Stop asking the same question and SSCUMHUNT

ToonyMan, as you have always pushed a lynch on me i will start with you.

The biggest thing i notice is that you are "Taking this game seriously" however you seem to pick and choose when to be serious. care to explain?

When am I NOT SERIOUS?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: December 16, 2009, 03:23:18 pm »

VOTE COUNT CELEBRATION
ToonyMan [2]: Cheeetar, Diakron
Mr.Person [2]: Dakarian, RedWarrior0
Org [2]: Webadict, Mephansteras
Cheeetar [1]: ToonyMan
Webadict [1]: Mr.Person
Diakron [1]: Vector

==[] to lych
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: December 16, 2009, 06:17:53 pm »

Ok, guys.. seriously.  I really need to understand why Mr.Person would not be scum, given that I'm the only one that keeps noticing him.

I mean, I haven't heard anything in defense of him, supporting him, or anything.. just everyone forgetting he's around.
Oh...

I keep forgetting eduren was a OSMagistrate... Gah! Yes, Mr.Person could be scum. So could a variety of people.

@Org: If the RNG thought I was scum and blockable...

Why wasn't anyone scummy Day 2?
Like I said, I was switching between targets, and forgot to confirm.
I call BS on that. You didn't do squat.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 151