Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I am an out-of-date poll.

I am an unclickable option.
I am also that.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: Dominions 3: PBEM Game  (Read 51560 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3: PBEM Game
« Reply #330 on: December 23, 2009, 12:35:10 am »

Go ahead and postpone hosting until your comp is good and well, if that suits your fancy.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 23, 2009, 01:22:23 pm »

Oooh! Where did all those earth elementals come from? Was it really you, slMagnavox, you Kailasan ape? Or maybe there's something more fishy going on?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 23, 2009, 02:49:29 pm »

Hey, I plead innocence. My high-level earth mages were otherwise occupied. If you insist on disbelieving that I sent so much as one elemental at ya, I can show you. Your witness might not enjoy the demonstration, though.

And if you think Kailasa doesn't do Earth Elementals, you've been leading a charmed damned life, and I'll kindly request a donation to the Atlantian Martyrs, Kings, and Adjuncts Disinterment and Reburial  Fund...

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 23, 2009, 03:05:41 pm »

You mean, they've suddenly managed to muster seven times their usual elemental output, and on top of that all aimed at a province with certain somebody, who just so happened to be enjoying his holidays on the waterside, and nowhere near Kailasa proper?
Well, I guess it's not that improbable.

slMagnvox

• Bay Watcher
  • Attend Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 23, 2009, 03:25:35 pm »

You mean, they've suddenly managed to muster seven times their usual elemental output, and on top of that all aimed at a province with certain somebody, who just so happened to be enjoying his holidays on the waterside, and nowhere near Kailasa proper?
Well, I guess it's not that improbable.

And that certain someone managed to not be the target of a single elemental.  I think your Troll King must have some hidden attribute that attracts earth magic or something.  Or else someone tipped off the Dog.

Also Moose Knights, lol.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 23, 2009, 03:37:12 pm »

Also Moose Knights, lol.
Yeah, too bad there's no way to get more of them other than included in the package with the troll king. They be some really badass fellas.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 23, 2009, 04:00:09 pm »

Seriously - you overestimate my Earth might. I will (perhaps intemperately) confide that the loving RNG has so far this game grace me with TWO Basalt Kings with Earth Magic at a level that could be boosted up enough to cast an Earth Attack. Two. There's a 37% chance that every one I recruit could be "bootstrapped" to cast that (as opposed to taking a 60-gem empowerment, plus the boot), and I've gotten two. One of whom with so many others died fighting that God-awful army that you finally routed at Sulphur Springs which ate at least half my resources for 15 turns or so, and the other of whom was busy on (long-term) summoning duty last turn. Your scouts (Scouts? What are those?) who I'm sure are skulking in East Ssothoswamp and its neighbors should be able to confirm that its contents have changed from last month in a non-importable manner.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 23, 2009, 04:09:13 pm »

Hmm... it's been a little while since anyone stated this universal truth, so I suppose it's time again. Vannish PD sucks, yo. Grumble, grumble, growl.

slMagnvox

• Bay Watcher
  • Attend Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 23, 2009, 04:12:45 pm »

Nevermind their damned armies are invisible on top of that nasty PD.  Nothing more fun than marching into 200+ glamoured heavy infantry backed up with thunderstrike.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 23, 2009, 04:14:01 pm »

Also Moose Knights, lol.
Yeah, too bad there's no way to get more of them other than included in the package with the troll king. They be some really badass fellas.

Find one of the oh-so-lovely (and oh-so-rare) indy troll kingdoms and you can just buy the blighters. And laugh with much gleeful malice, obviously.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 23, 2009, 04:15:03 pm »

Nevermind their damned armies are invisible on top of that nasty PD.  Nothing more fun than marching into 200+ glamoured heavy infantry backed up with thunderstrike.

Invisible, javelin-toting glamoured heavy infantry. Mustn't sell them short, now.

slMagnvox

• Bay Watcher
  • Attend Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 23, 2009, 05:31:59 pm »

Had kinda hoped to get another turn finished up this afternoon before I left for the xmas holiday, but it hasn't happened.  Could we get an extension to Saturday, say 1600 GMT?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 23, 2009, 06:33:22 pm »

Sure. Have an enjoyable holiday (to whatever degree that applies)!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 23, 2009, 09:13:38 pm »

Also Moose Knights, lol.
Find one of the oh-so-lovely (and oh-so-rare) indy troll kingdoms and you can just buy the blighters. And laugh with much gleeful malice, obviously.
Nooo, seriously? There are trollish recruitable independents in the game? I MUST HAVE THEM! How come I've never found any, despite all those years of playing? Are they era-specific, maybe?

Oh, and Merry Christmas everyone. Or merry Winter Solstice, if you're not much into christianity-derived traditions.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 10:40:41 pm by Il Palazzo »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 23, 2009, 09:26:24 pm »

Solstice was on the 21st.  I know because we celebrated it on the 21st, since my dad gets pissed at the thought of acknowledging a blatantly Christian holiday.

He can be a bit odd at times.  But, hey, I got some of my loot early, so what do I care?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27