Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 585246 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #3390 on: September 25, 2011, 09:16:53 am »

Bluh, im dissapointed that Confusion Mafia isn't getting off the ground. I should probally just start with fucking stopping lurking.
Fix'd that for you.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: September 27, 2011, 06:59:34 pm »

I think I know what I'm going to run next. Totem Mafia, an animal themed BYOR.

Probably won't start for a bit, though. We have 4 games in sign-ups already and they aren't exactly filling quickly.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: September 27, 2011, 07:01:34 pm »

Bluh, im dissapointed that Confusion Mafia isn't getting off the ground. I should probally just start with fucking stopping lurking.
Fix'd that for you.
When I GM im usually more serious about the game, but I appreciate your opinion regardless.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: September 27, 2011, 07:05:23 pm »

For what it's worth, I think those have gametype-related issues; I suspect a BYOR would fare much, much better, especially if it looked like it'd actually start soon.

Anyway, looking forward to it, whenever it starts.

When I GM im usually more serious about the game, but I appreciate your opinion regardless.
Didn't you have a more experienced player take a look at it and approve the setup or something? Or was that just Max who's also co-modding?

Anyway, having a more recognizable seal of approval might help, since "mystery bastard game" can be kind of a tough sell. Vaguely remembering someone (either Max or web, I think?) looking at it and saying "oh wow that is neat, too bad I can't play now" is one of the main reasons I was willing to sign up for it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: September 27, 2011, 07:09:18 pm »

Didn't you have a more experienced player take a look at it and approve the setup or something? Or was that just Max who's also co-modding?

Anyway, having a more recognizable seal of approval might help, since "mystery bastard game" can be kind of a tough sell. Vaguely remembering someone (either Max or web, I think?) looking at it and saying "oh wow that is neat, too bad I can't play now" is one of the main reasons I was willing to sign up for it.
Max said it was a good idea, and he is also co-modding. Its probally not going to get off the ground unless 6 people join out of nowhere, its a shame really because I thought it would be a fun setup. If I end up abandoning it would anyone want to run the setup?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: September 27, 2011, 09:43:30 pm »

I think I know what I'm going to run next. Totem Mafia, an animal themed BYOR.

Probably won't start for a bit, though. We have 4 games in sign-ups already and they aren't exactly filling quickly.

Neat- I'll let you take a crack at a BYOR before I jump in with BYOP.

Assuming another game opening comes along, any other requests for a game?  One BYOR at a time is enough.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: September 27, 2011, 10:01:26 pm »

Eh, nobody seems to care about either confusion or ochams. They will fade into obscurity, just like FROTV. Even vengeful is looking grim. I dare say your games are the only ones still able to really draw in a crowd, after how long the last roguelike needed a replace.

Shame, because I put in a quiet few hours work into mine.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: September 27, 2011, 10:05:30 pm »

Hmm. Well, maybe I'll start it up in a few days.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: September 27, 2011, 10:10:16 pm »

Do you ever play Meph? Some epic old player who is like a freaking samurai, and could cut down all before him, so doesn't even bother because it would be too easy? Or are you the toymaker, who dedicates them self to perfecting their act for the good of others?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: September 27, 2011, 10:30:10 pm »

Do you ever play Meph? Some epic old player who is like a freaking samurai, and could cut down all before him, so doesn't even bother because it would be too easy? Or are you the toymaker, who dedicates them self to perfecting their act for the good of others?

I used to play. I was pretty good, when I did play. But I enjoy running games more, especially since I don't always have time to devote to playing properly. And I'd rather not join a game if I can't devote sufficient time to it.
Come play Mafia with us!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: September 28, 2011, 06:42:36 am »

For what it's worth, I think those have gametype-related issues; I suspect a BYOR would fare much, much better, especially if it looked like it'd actually start soon.
Considering that the last one died due to the lack of participation, I'd disagree with you.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: September 28, 2011, 05:47:18 pm »

Still, a byor is generally pretty dynamic once the first few day have gone past. Really do depend on whom is left alive.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: September 28, 2011, 05:55:59 pm »

Well, we'll give a shot.

Totem Mafia is now in sign-ups.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 06:00:12 pm by Mephansteras »
Come play Mafia with us!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: September 28, 2011, 05:57:25 pm »

Totem Mafia is not in sign-ups.
Man, I am so not signing up for this!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: September 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm »

No way I'm getting in on it.