Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 587636 times)

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #4320 on: February 25, 2013, 10:31:38 pm »

I dunno... Sometimes he rubs me the wrong way. Usually though he makes really good points and despite the rage is entirely validated.
That's sexual harassment, and we don't condone it.
At least not officially.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: February 26, 2013, 04:22:18 am »

How dare you discuss your Supreme Lord and Protector as if he's not here, puny mortals.

I dunno... Sometimes he rubs me the wrong way. Usually though he makes really good points and despite the rage is entirely validated.
That's sexual harassment, and we don't condone it.
Also, wat.

At least not officially.
Or rather double wat.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: February 26, 2013, 04:22:49 am »

Essentially a role reversal. A mafia has won so the two remaining townsfolk, whom no one remembers were ever town, decide to exact vengeance the same way the mafia did.
Different but related, one of our BMs had an ice cream theme, with vanillas trying to root out mints or something. Town won, so the next game was the surviving vanilla townies from last game wreaking vengeance upon mint townies this time (or whatever the combo was).

I also get the feeling we've had at least one game with a setup like you're talking about, at least as far as town being bad guys of some variety, but I can't think of the specifics or swear it was a BM.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: February 26, 2013, 04:24:14 am »

Dakarian did one where one crime family was trying to root out another, IIRC.  I'm pretty sure it was II or IV, something like that.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: February 26, 2013, 09:31:25 am »

Toonyman brought up an interesting concept with the Nonary game: Mafia edition. It would be easy to make it into an actual mafia game at the least.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4325 on: February 26, 2013, 10:16:00 am »

BM XX I believe was paladins working from within to root out an evil cult, I believe.

No wait, BM XIX.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: February 26, 2013, 11:18:47 pm »

Toonyman brought up an interesting concept with the Nonary game: Mafia edition. It would be easy to make it into an actual mafia game at the least.
At the very least it would have to involve doors.  And possibly quantum states.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4327 on: February 27, 2013, 05:50:01 am »

The quantum shenanigans would be difficult to do, yeah. It would probably involve some minor bastardyness.

So what I think would be the rough outline for the game:
1) There are no days and nights. That would either imply the existence of windows (bad for keeping people trapped) or knowledge of the current time (yeah no). Instead, there's three phases per round.
2) First phase lasts 24h. No extensions. Everybody is assigned a colour and potentially a partner if they're in a pair. The players can talk to each other and vote on the 3-player groups for the next phase.
3) Second phase, 24h, no extensions. The thread gets locked and every group gets a quicktopic thread for their own discussions. This is when people are behind the doors solving puzzles and shit.
4) Third phase, 24h, extensions allowed. Thread gets reopened again, people can discuss what happened during the previous phase. Pairs get a new quicktopic thread to discuss their vote. At the end of this phase, people gain or lose points depending on their votes, and the first phase of the next round begins. If nobody within a certain group votes, they all die.
5) Some people get special roles/abilities, naturally. E.g. voting before their partner has a chance to pipe in. Yes, dickishness is an ability :V
6) Once somebody has the necessary 9 points, they can choose to end the game, but they can also keep it going for whatever reason. Of course, considering the people here *coughwubacough* precautions must be taken to avoid the "play until everybody can leave" trick.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 06:10:46 am by Darvi »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4328 on: February 27, 2013, 12:52:50 pm »

Mine would be a bastard setup for 8 players.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: February 27, 2013, 01:06:42 pm »

What would people prefer I run next: Paranormal, Supernatural, or Totem Mafia?

I'm kind of leaning Totem Mafia, with more nonstandard abilities this time around.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4330 on: February 27, 2013, 02:10:06 pm »

I'd like to play Totem, I think.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4331 on: February 27, 2013, 03:42:15 pm »

Nonstandard is always more interesting, IMO.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4332 on: February 27, 2013, 03:58:05 pm »

Paranatural.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4333 on: February 27, 2013, 03:58:48 pm »

A Meph game where the gloves of standardization come off?  Color me interested.

That means I can submit "Lolcat" as my totem animal, right?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4334 on: February 27, 2013, 04:07:51 pm »

No, no, standard animals only. The abilities I assign, though...those will get interesting.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 443