Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 987

Author Topic: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.  (Read 1593043 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Photo Share! Photoshopping hair on each other... or something.
« Reply #2130 on: November 09, 2010, 12:35:46 pm »

If you ever become the guy in charge of anything technical you must use that as your title.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: November 09, 2010, 04:35:48 pm »

You just have to make sure nobody adds -ey.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: November 09, 2010, 04:43:16 pm »

To be fair, I just got back from Asia. (Thailand + Japan) Still a monk in San Francisco south bay though.

Also- spotted in a Thai temple:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Is that the desk of the rare monk-pirate? There looks to be lots of paper CD sleeves on it.

Also, I assume you didn't reach enlightenment or you would be spending all your time playing DF 1.0.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: November 09, 2010, 04:51:22 pm »

Monks at that one temple sometimes have titles, they spoke some English- there was an IT monk (computers/electrical systems/sound), Guest monk (visitors and booking), water monk (water usage/recycling)... etc.

And no, no monk pirates. They send out free distribution dhamma talks, cds with teachings of the Buddha along with chanting, and other books. You can notice the cd labels in English and Thai blurred in the back.

Also, they love ubuntu linux and open-source. One monk had a Nook with chanting books saved onto it in epub.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: November 09, 2010, 07:49:22 pm »

Awesome. Does this mean that you're 'back', or are you still walking the earth?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: November 09, 2010, 09:28:26 pm »

Probably still walking around, he's just astrally projecting his consciousness into a computer so he can post on Bay12.

...I'm guessing he's 'back'.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: November 09, 2010, 11:11:28 pm »

Considering that a while ago (when he changed the title to 'Barbarossa Is My Idol') he said hi and then left again, I wasn't sure.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: November 10, 2010, 04:11:13 pm »

Not "completely" back yet, just back from Asia. I'm currently posting from a buddhist temple in San Francisco. :]

Not sure when I'll be disrobing yet, even though it's already been over 3 months.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: November 10, 2010, 05:14:39 pm »

Have you experienced anything significant to you during your life as a monk?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: November 10, 2010, 10:41:47 pm »

I got some pictures from the State meet last Saturday, so in the future it's likely there will be not-running pictures of me, but here are a few more.

Before the start, we meet up in our snazzy new running clothes. On the left is the 1st ranked team, on the right is the 3rd ranked team. We are ranked fourth, but we're ready to prove some people wrong. I'm on the left side of the circle, but you can't see me very well.

Spoiler: Warming up (click to show/hide)
Having spoken to each other about plans and ideas, along with a few jokes, we warm up a bit to prevent early cramps and pains. Alongside the start there are nearly five thousand spectators, with more further along the course. Cameras flash like ephemeral stars, and the cheers are thunderous. I'm second from the right.

Spoiler: Sprinting like hell (click to show/hide)
Nearly one hundred and fifty runners take off from the line. No race is won at the the start, but this time is different. If you start too far back, you'll never make it where you want to, there are just too many people. The start is a sprinting jumble of humanity, and it remains that way until the first mile. My mile split was 5:20, faster than I had thought possible, but I was in 74th. I was running the pace of the fastest man on our team, and I was still farther back than I wanted to be. Having taken the first mile 'easy', I pass a multitude of spent runners that ran the first mile too fast. At mile two, my time is 11:15. This is thirty seconds faster than ever before, and I begin to worry if I can keep up the pace, but I can't slow down. If I do, my gains in the past mile will be lost. I push ahead and I reach where I wanted to be, 60th. Eight hundred meters later, I pass the 6th runner on our team. I'm usually our 7th. Seeing the turn ahead, I think that I have only a couple hundred meters to go, and start speeding up more. Rounding the turn, I see that I have half a mile left to run, but I can't take back what energy I've spent. I hold on to my pace, hoping that I can keep it up. I pass other runners that, seeing the false finish, also ran too quickly. Two hundred meters to go and I can see the finish, but I can't run any faster, my legs just won't listen. Suddenly, I stumble on a small hillock, and have to run faster to avoid falling on my face. Somehow, my momentum keeps me moving this speed until I cross the line, ending in 45th, 20 places ahead of where I was expected to be, at a time of 17:52.

Spoiler: Podium (click to show/hide)
We got second in the end. It wasn't quite what we wanted but still a good place for having been written off as 'not a threat' on the Coaches' Poll at the season's dawn.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: November 11, 2010, 04:48:46 am »

I really don't like sports, but your story was gripping. Congrats!

Also I find your nickname very funny, when compared to your pictures. Barbarossa meaning redbeard, when you're the smoothest guy in the topic :)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: November 11, 2010, 08:25:56 am »

Second in the state! Not bad. Not bad at all.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: November 11, 2010, 10:09:11 am »

Also I find your nickname very funny, when compared to your pictures. Barbarossa meaning redbeard, when you're the smoothest guy in the topic :)
Aye, it was more of a reference to Frederick Barbarossa, who once had a pack of seals follow him around when he came to the sea to load his ships. The seals wouldn't leave him alone, so people called him 'A leader of both Man and Beast.'

I really don't like sports, but your story was gripping. Congrats!
Second in the state! Not bad. Not bad at all.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 10:57:20 am by Barbarossa the Seal God »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: November 11, 2010, 03:39:51 pm »

Know what I think is funny?

The fact that he's not old enough to drink it. :P

You guys make me feel so old sometimes.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: November 11, 2010, 04:26:50 pm »

You guys make me feel so old sometimes.
You tell me...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 987