Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25

Author Topic: Most BS Deaths  (Read 157272 times)

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most BS Deaths
« Reply #225 on: February 24, 2011, 09:43:03 am »

Having 4 companions and waking up to a bogeyman kicking brains out.

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 24, 2011, 09:52:41 am »

wat... 4 companions and bogey men ... hmm
Desu

em312s0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 25, 2011, 04:49:29 am »

getting killed by an ogre with a rope reed fiber sock when you are equipped to the teeth with iron

UristMcADVENTUREMODE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 26, 2011, 09:16:51 pm »

Falcon kicked by a bronze colossus into a fortress............. that was 7 screens away

Doro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 27, 2011, 10:51:42 am »

started 2 adventurers just recently, both were human outsiders, first was peasant with low skills and wanted to make a knife user, started my journey, took a quest and went into fortress to recruit one or two guys to help me. I found out that there were a real zoo right at the gates of fortress. there were groundhog, Doe Bunny and a rhesus macaque blocking my way into fortress, (really, they blocked my acces to that fortress by standing right next to door) i thought that id get a good experience for my peasant with ease. I thought that perhaps groundhog would be worst enemy so i charged at it first, sliced and diced him with me trusty copper knife, it didnt took long untill i fell unconsious but the groundhog fled. so it was my unconcsious adventurer vs. a bunny and a monkey. After i died, i scrolled through atleast 20 pages of bunny latching firmly or macaque punching me, then i got bored and started a new adventurer.

This time i started Demigod Outsider, again a knife user just because i like knives :)
went to recruit couple of friends again, killed a black bear on my way to fortress, and when i finally reach gates, i see a deer and a fox outside gates. this time i thought that it should be really easy because there were just 2 animals and i was DEMIGOD... deer kicked me once into head and i fell dead. im wondering, why were all those animals standing right next to castle gates :/

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 27, 2011, 12:08:59 pm »

Falcon kicked by a bronze colossus into a fortress............. that was 7 screens away
That's not BS at all, that's awesome.
You'll have to provide warm, moist kittens at the end of each test chamber.
Dwarf Fortress:
Where 9% of your town is casualties, is good.

Vastin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 28, 2011, 01:20:50 pm »

I also find the bogey man to be the most BS-ish.
They completely limit me from plying the "dangerous wild hobo survivalist" characters that i love so much! =
D

Bear in mind that you can usually safely sleep overnight in a lair. You may want to kill the prior occupant first however.

This makes it a lot easier to wander deep into the wilderness and explore dark and vile places far from civilization - but yeah, you better sharpen those fighting skills first because soloing lairs can be pretty damn hazardous.

Vlad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 28, 2011, 03:55:04 pm »

im wondering, why were all those animals standing right next to castle gates :/

In my experience, that usually means that the castle is abandoned, and is populated by animals.

Pokey McFork

• Bay Watcher
  • [ITEM_TOOL:FORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 28, 2011, 03:59:42 pm »

Getting my head kicked off by a night creature and it smacking one of my allies hard enough to kill him has to be up there.

Or the time I got punted by a slade colossus I had modded in as a kobold. I think that I may have landed in several regions at once.

Vastin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 28, 2011, 04:21:07 pm »

I got pwned in the right foot by a minotaur and went unconscious for awhile, minotaur killed my whole army while i was unconscious then when i regained consciousness i tried fighting it but i missed everytime (tghis minotaur was on crack srsly) and he beat and grabbed me and killed me. Even when i was healthy i kept missing, my skills were high too lol

I have never hit anything after going unconscious from pain. Ever. Legendary +++++++ skills non-withstanding. If you are ever knocked out and somehow recover, just run, stealth, anything to get away, because you basically will not be able to fight again until the pain penalty subsides - you are effectively helpless unless you go into a martial trance or something.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 01, 2011, 10:00:18 am »

Going through a pack of bogeymen, heavily wounded but still intact (meaning, all arms and limbs were useless, the only attack I had accessible to me was biting, which I had to do to finish off the last one), then having a cougar come out of freaking nowhere. I bit off its paw, it bled to death, and I bled to death a turn later. FFFFUUUUU
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 11, 2011, 06:08:29 pm »

falcon pawnched in the face as a bronze colossus by a tigerman......... who had the crappest stats ever..... and no weapons or skill.......

damm.....
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 11, 2011, 11:05:17 pm »

Stepped in a lake that froze instantly.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Necalli

• Bay Watcher
  • amusing ourselves to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 12, 2011, 06:53:12 am »

Lost a good sworsman to a warlord, started "revenge" game, built a batman, killed the warlord mano-a-mano but lost a leg, took his head and decided to retire in the nearest town, but first went to market to buy a cruch, the shop was crowded, picked the wrong crutch, limped out, got swarmed by a bunch of raging rendecks.
FFFFFFFFUUUU-

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 12, 2011, 07:32:19 am »

Lost a good sworsman to a warlord, started "revenge" game, built a batman, killed the warlord mano-a-mano but lost a leg, took his head and decided to retire in the nearest town, but first went to market to buy a cruch, the shop was crowded, picked the wrong crutch, limped out, got swarmed by a bunch of raging rendecks.
FFFFFFFFUUUU-
That's why you pick up the object first. The picked up object will be green in the trade list.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25