Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994746 times)

KoboldSmasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6750 on: September 20, 2014, 04:52:54 am »

Well, my first adventure in DF2014 didnt last long, my hammerman got attacked by a pack of wolves leaving his hometown, he passed out from exhaustion during the fight and after some hours of wolves biting his helmet and passing out from exhaustion themselves, one of them gets an idea.

A wolf strangled the adventurer.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6751 on: September 20, 2014, 07:33:30 am »

Well, my first adventure in DF2014 didnt last long, my hammerman got attacked by a pack of wolves leaving his hometown, he passed out from exhaustion during the fight and after some hours of wolves biting his helmet and passing out from exhaustion themselves, one of them gets an idea.

Wolves are apparently the badasses of this version.  The new, anytime bogeymen.  Thats not to say you can t beat them relatively easily, but I have had maybe 5 deaths so far, and  have been to random wolves.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: September 20, 2014, 07:40:09 am »

I had an adventurer get strangled by a hyena once, in his sleep.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6753 on: September 20, 2014, 01:16:20 pm »

Downloaded 40.13, made a world, created a human swordsman.
Currently maimed one person and killed three.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6754 on: September 20, 2014, 04:17:56 pm »

I went back to the troll nest in the underground of the goblins pits sites and noticed that they all respawned , explaining why there was a noticable slowdown of everything while when i originally left after the carnage gameplay was very smooth !

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The funny thing is that i noticed iron axes strikes in the head by very strong and very high axe skilled character (+legendary in fighter) can be deflected by a robe ! while a kick from rather low skill will not be deflected, even go to bruise head protected by iron helms .
That damage vs protection vs area (scourge/whips are still in 40.x insane terminator weapon) system really needs some kind of rework

« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 04:22:58 pm by Robsoie »

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6755 on: September 20, 2014, 04:18:08 pm »

Spawned new female heavy role play adventurer. Got quest from my lord to go to other site capital and demand tribute.

She was training very hard during her travel, it took 3 days. In this time, she wresled to death two goblins, and other 3 cuted into half. There was bandit dwarf, who atacked her (he made an ambush, this is first time when dwarf ambushed me!), but she managed to flee.

She arried in middle of day to enemy capital. Sneaked slowly into capital direction, when strange, old, poor looking human was staring into other direction. She felt uneasy, but she passed near him. He spoted her and follow her. She was going straight into middle of town, by street. One child ran though door and bumped into strange human. Human bite off child hand. Child ran two steps away and passed out, because pain and blood loss. Two other humans jump into murderer direction and started slashing him with theys knifes, but he was not falling. After some punches atacking woman passed out, and murdered start eating her face. Huspand start fleeing away. From a cornel two soldiers atracted by screams came.

They atacked beast, but beast was stronger than they. Young adventurer ran into castle direction. When she was arrivied to market, there was two other beasts, looking like first one. Everyone was running in terror. She wielded her sword, raised her shield, and started sprinting into castle doors. Beasts ignored her, chassing other villagers. She pushed gate with whole inpact force, then other one...

This what she saw terried her even more... There was... living sceletors! She start screeming, running back, then she jumped into tree near wall. She was waiting with hope, they can not climb. When she achieve top of tree she was just waiting... they started climbing. She stand on trunk and cuted foot from first sceletor, he falled down, but other two reached she. One of them manage to bite her into arm, very painfully. She, desperated, jumped onto tavern roof and landed on her stomach. She quickly stand up and start running, but after few steps she lost consciousness... Young and broken adventurer waked up and passed again courple times, before reach opossite to tree end of roof, leaving a lot of blood and vomiting after she. She managed to get off from roof and hide in somebody bed...

Then she passed again...
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6756 on: September 20, 2014, 07:17:46 pm »

*Urist McAdventurer gets ambushed*

"Look, a cave dragon!"

*Cave dragon chops Urist McAdventurer in half*

"You have died."

Edit: How does this even work: "You slash The Giant in the right eye from behind with your large copper dagger and the injured part is cloven asunder!"
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 08:20:32 pm by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6757 on: September 20, 2014, 09:46:08 pm »

Edit: How does this even work: "You slash The Giant in the right eye from behind with your large copper dagger and the injured part is cloven asunder!"

Well, its possible i think, there's just a brain between the eye and the dagger from behind.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6758 on: September 20, 2014, 10:02:11 pm »

It works probably the same way as when a dwarf is lying on the ground and punches the head of a standing 40 foot tall bronze colossus.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6759 on: September 21, 2014, 08:12:57 am »

or a 10 cm bogeyman punches a dwarf.

so far I'm playing around with the new discovery of Army troops in adventure mode.
which are Ally units that aren't companions that will follow you around.
So yeah there is something being a lord gives you. You also could recruit them to be your companions but I don't see the point given they already follow you around, unless you really want them to not get lost.

how I did this is that I stood in a human keep, claim it, then waited a few days until I see a group move over to the keep, usually when this happens you either get another lord who you need to kill, or your ally group. Now the thing with ally units are that while they are friendly to you, they hold no alliances with your companions so you might end up with one bad comment being said by either party leading to a brawl.
if you care about your companions safety best keep them in the keep away from any dangers.
I'm currently leading 2 squads into a town to overthrow the leader.
should I make a thread about this?

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6760 on: September 21, 2014, 08:17:08 am »

With a little effort I think itd be good.
Whats the deal with the zom?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6761 on: September 21, 2014, 05:18:10 pm »

With a little effort I think itd be good.
Whats the deal with the zom?
Uhh well I modified illthids to have mindslaves who later on could turn into full blown illthids. that zom is well a 'mindslaved' illthid rushing forward to attack my group of Ally:Centaurmen?
later on in the same town a weremerekat walk in and bit an archer I recruited, causing me to back away and fly up to the roofs, where I guess one of my old Army men(they kinda got lost in the city) was standed on the roofs.
we had small idle chat watching 2 wereanimals murder each other.
other than that I retired with another set of loyal minions that aren't mind slaves or companions.
going to see if it's possible in player forts also.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6762 on: September 21, 2014, 07:12:41 pm »

...Went around killing villagers collecting bronze and iron knives, and found a goblin vampire out in the street. Proceeded to shove fifty knives in it's chest, decided to let it live, then, guess what? As I walk away, it shoved it's hand straight through my multiple hoods and iron helmet, and my head exploded in gore.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 07:30:45 pm by StagnantSoul »
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6763 on: September 21, 2014, 07:21:42 pm »

...Went around killing villagers collecting bronze and iron knives, and found a goblin vampire out in the street. Proceeded to shove fifty knives in it's chest, decided to let it live, then, guess what? As I walk away, it shoved it's hand straight through my multiple hoods and iron helmet, and my head exploded in gore.
Ah, Wlecome to adventure mode.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6764 on: September 22, 2014, 07:55:24 am »

As my adventurer start to be alive since a very long time after walking over a big part of my world, i noticed that my 2 surviving companions were in my party since nearly the beginning too, and as they're crawling on the ground, i decided to check them :

I was looking for a crutch long time ago for my 1st party member that lost a foot, but as he died i gave up the quest for a crutch.
Looking at my 2 allies, it looks like i'll have to resume my search, odd that all my companions are ending with a missing foot.
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 1103