Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1217440 times)

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (the Hand talks)
« Reply #1185 on: July 02, 2010, 07:41:57 pm »

A gorilla that needs to be put into a cage ?
That's a job for someone superdwarvenly strong ... Superdwarf !

You should make a mod where there is a small chance of Superdwarf showing up during a siege and punching the shit out of all the goblins? :P

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile

Just checked out the new version quickly, looking awesome.

One thing quickly: I don't see the tile-magic punctuation when text is white-on-black (like on main menu screen)
Used the upgrade version

New beds?

Though really they should just have a single pillow because only one dwarf can sleep at a time?

I like the look of the base of the bed, but the small two pillows make it very hard to identify as a "bed". Looks more like a empty slab of rock. Make the pillows bigger, or yeah, just make one (big) pillow.
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

TealThanatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think the new font is awesome... literally AWESOME. Well, it's the same font, but whatever you did made it ten times more readable. I can now scroll easily through the unit list and see names pop out instead of it being a big jumbled mess like before.

Sorry to say it wormy old pal but I don't like those new beds D:

Maybe it's the scale or something, the bed looks tiny compared to the dwarves... drop it back to one pillow, even though dwarves share, the great thing about this tileset is the subtle mix of symbolism and realism, and that bed is too far towards realism and so it makes it seem out of place, in my opinion :)

Hummingbird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think what's weird about that bed is that most objects in the tileset, such as cabinets, cages, dwarves, etc., are drawn from the side, whereas the bed is drawn straight from the top.
But Elves aren't Vegetarians. They eat people.
So they are humanitarians.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile

Just checked out the new version quickly, looking awesome.

One thing quickly: I don't see the tile-magic punctuation when text is white-on-black (like on main menu screen)
Used the upgrade version

New beds?

Though really they should just have a single pillow because only one dwarf can sleep at a time?

I like the look of the base of the bed, but the small two pillows make it very hard to identify as a "bed". Looks more like a empty slab of rock. Make the pillows bigger, or yeah, just make one (big) pillow.
Yeah, I tried it out, it looks like it works the other way around, when it's black on white.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile

Could we remove the Grey Stone Background on the Dwarfs and animals? I liked the Black background better, because now my orange Dining hall magically changes to a grey Dining Hall.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

TealThanatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, I keep forgetting to mention this problem Ironhand... You can't see the 'blocked' tiles when placing a workshop. All the X's are the same colour :)

s20dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have the raws changed at all in the latest version?  I usually just replace the raw graphics and Art folders, just want to make sure I won't be missing out on anything else, as I use modified raws and can't be arsed to keep changing them ;)

Cheers.

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com

Even though they are actually shorter now, with a bit of perspective the beds look longer?

Also that blanket is blue in the base tile, but the brown tint of the wooden bed makes it appear green, kind of cool?

And "OFF Lever" Version 500.2

Edit: Damn forgot to adjust brightness on its base... v500.3 coming up :P
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 12:14:37 am by WormSlayer »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Have the raws changed at all in the latest version?  I usually just replace the raw graphics and Art folders, just want to make sure I won't be missing out on anything else, as I use modified raws and can't be arsed to keep changing them ;)

Cheers.
not unless you count the llamas that have been included since the beginning.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Thundrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Beds with a bit of color AND a perspective? I say dang the bed bugs and jump into them!!! They must obviously be the correct size, since the Dwarf is no broader than the bed end.

---

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com

Little doorknobs and keyholes?

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cage in game:

New beds?

Love the cage.
Love the fact that my guy is in there.
Love the newest beds.
Love the doors.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

s20dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

not unless you count the llamas that have been included since the beginning.

Thanks, I have the llamas so my raws must be up-to-date

Even though they are actually shorter now, with a bit of perspective the beds look longer?

Wormslayer, wow I like those beds, nice one.

Was just wondering if anyone knew this:
  With every graphics pack I have used so far, metal doors always look metal-like until you actually place them, then they look like the regular stone doors. Whats up with that?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 12:56:42 am by s20dan »

TealThanatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Wormy, the cages look good but when they're stacked together they blend together. Put a stack of cages in a line and you'll see what I mean... they need a small gap between them matey :)
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 329