Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1218608 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (0.48 released!)
« Reply #2550 on: August 19, 2010, 03:53:53 pm »

No I've bought it for 10$ because I've got it in a "used computer parts" shop where people sell hardware when they upgrade. You can buy new one for around 80$, but you don't need 9800 for this case because there're other much cheaper cards with DX10 support. And you can get AGP cards with DX10 support, but usually they are expensive, around 75 bucks, so yeah...
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com
« Reply #2551 on: August 19, 2010, 04:02:22 pm »

How about this?

Yeah its great for foggy effects - Also we could do a sharp transition at a certain "height" for dorfs standing in pools of various depth.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: August 19, 2010, 04:51:03 pm »

No I've bought it for 10$ because I've got it in a "used computer parts" shop where people sell hardware when they upgrade. You can buy new one for around 80$, but you don't need 9800 for this case because there're other much cheaper cards with DX10 support. And you can get AGP cards with DX10 support, but usually they are expensive, around 75 bucks, so yeah...

$10 for a used 9800 is still a very good deal! ;) Anyway...yeah..the DX10 compatible cards are very cheap.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: August 19, 2010, 05:05:00 pm »

ginsweater: You'll want to use mix instead of your explicit math to set the fragcolor, since it should be slightly faster. Otherwise looks good, though of course it'd be a sampler2DArray in the real thing. ;)
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

Stakudomer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: August 19, 2010, 06:41:17 pm »

This isn't a tileset anymore, it's a graphical megaproject!  :D

I may start using this instead of Mayday's set, now. The walls and ground look really nice, smoothed floors don't make me dizzy, and having a ridiculous amount of graphically distinct mushrooms makes me really happy for some reason.

I don't much care for the water and loose stone/ore tiles, though. The water doesn't look liquid at all; it resembles whipped cream to me. Stone and ore are too similar to each other and are, well, kind of ugly. I much preferred the second batch here, though a few Tile Magic™ veins on the ore chunks might help them stand out more.

Now if only my aging PC could support DX10 video cards...

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: August 19, 2010, 06:59:44 pm »

I'm.. continually amazed that people actually run DF on computers that old.

Don't you get really low framerates?
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: August 19, 2010, 07:32:18 pm »

DF can run on a crappy 225MB RAM, 6-year-old laptop if you have the patience for constant <=5 FPS. (If you think thats oddly specific, its because thats how my previous computer was. Ugh.)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com
« Reply #2557 on: August 19, 2010, 07:48:16 pm »

Speaking of mushrooms:

Edit- Some of those mushrooms look like a job for Dwarfio? :D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 07:50:54 pm by WormSlayer »

omglazers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: August 19, 2010, 08:19:09 pm »

Stakudomer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: August 19, 2010, 08:30:26 pm »

It's not that old...

I've got a 2GHz dual-core with 3GB RAM and a Geforce 7900 GS. I can run 3v3 Supreme Commander on not-lowest settings, but the card lacks the extensions you specified and the motherboard uses AGP so I can't upgrade any further. My framerate in DF is fine, though I've yet to hit the 200 dwarf population cap...

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com
« Reply #2560 on: August 19, 2010, 09:24:30 pm »

Since everyone hates on the skull corpses, how about cliché skull n crossbones? :P

Setharnas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: August 19, 2010, 09:29:10 pm »

It's not that old...

I've got a 2GHz dual-core with 3GB RAM and a Geforce 7900 GS. I can run 3v3 Supreme Commander on not-lowest settings, but the card lacks the extensions you specified and the motherboard uses AGP so I can't upgrade any further. My framerate in DF is fine, though I've yet to hit the 200 dwarf population cap...

I can top that. 32b CPU (Athlon XP 3000+) with 2GB and a 7600GT. I play Oblivion with 230+ active mods (including OBSE-mods) and a handpicked set of texture upgrades - not perfectly fluid, but 15-25 fps, which I consider perfectly playable. But the GPU won't run OGL3.x either - and I prefer food on the table over a roguelike on steroids.  :P

*Edit* And yay for pirate skulls'n'bones.
(Appreciatingly stolen from thijser)
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

omglazers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: August 19, 2010, 09:50:46 pm »

Since everyone hates on the skull corpses, how about cliché skull n crossbones? :P

It's not accurate, but hell, its easy to spot! I like it !

Dearnen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: August 19, 2010, 10:13:50 pm »

In addition to now having the Mario Bro's theme stuck in my head, I find myself pondering the joys of both Mushroom Kingdom and Pirate mods...

andfhe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: August 19, 2010, 10:24:18 pm »

The problem I have with this tileset is that I can't tell the difference between smoothed and un-smoothed walls. You could at least make em' a little different, just enough to tell them apart.
Well if you remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from dwarves I think they have like 2-4 children each time they give birth. And if you get enough mothers up on the pillars you can probably get a good waterfall going.
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 329