Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1218647 times)

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (0.51 now! Just new critter art, mostly)
« Reply #3420 on: February 18, 2011, 10:21:44 pm »

Any chance of getting corpses for each creature/animal?

We don't have free tiles sitting around because of the TTF issues.
But once we get those back, we could definitely make a few generic dead things.
Then all dead birds would look the same, and all dead humanoids, etc etc. But it would still be better, I think.

Verdian

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: February 19, 2011, 02:20:07 am »

I notice in the notes for your download that it says, "With the following new sprites
(adults, babies, zombie [placeholders], and skeletons for each)"

Could you just have dead objects use the associated skeleton or zombie sprite?
ArkDelgato: Why is my house filled with vomit.
nahkh: Why ISN'T your house filled with vomit?!

OasiS

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: February 19, 2011, 04:39:36 am »

I am relatively new to dwarf fortress, so i downloaded the latest full version of this graphics set, but now i've got a problem.
When I try to embark and prepare for the journey carefully, I can't choose plants, drinks or seeds as starting items.
This problem bugs me quite a lot, so does anyone know a solution?

Haekel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: February 19, 2011, 05:10:07 am »

Have you tried this on multiple worlds / with different civilisations?   While it may sound rather odd, it may be the case that your mountain home just doesn't have any soil in their vicinity and no access to an underground cavern for farming.

OasiS

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: February 19, 2011, 05:13:07 am »

Have you tried this on multiple worlds / with different civilisations?   While it may sound rather odd, it may be the case that your mountain home just doesn't have any soil in their vicinity and no access to an underground cavern for farming.

I have tried this on multiple worlds, not with different civilisations thought. When I embarked without any seeds drinks or plants, I could still just harvest the plants on the surface and use their seeds to farm. Underground there was plenty of soil to farm on.

Haekel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: February 19, 2011, 05:29:58 am »

Different worlds mean different civilisations, I was referring to the dwarven civs, of which there can be more than one on each world. You can see them on the site finder screen.

Also, by "underground soil" do you mean a cavern? Your world needs a cavern layer to support the dwarven crops. Without an underground cavern next to your mountain home, there will be no dwarven crops to embark with.

OasiS

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: February 19, 2011, 05:37:35 am »

There is a cavern layer in the worlds I have generated, so I don't think that's the problem.

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: February 19, 2011, 09:00:39 am »

I notice in the notes for your download that it says, "With the following new sprites
(adults, babies, zombie [placeholders], and skeletons for each)"

Could you just have dead objects use the associated skeleton or zombie sprite?

No, unfortunately. Dead creatures (and creatures in cages) use the TILE associated with that creature.
It is silly that they don't use graphics, but they don't. So we'd be limited to a couple group tiles for all dead creatures...

I guess that's another big thing we can look forward to if Toady ever implements full graphics support.

I am relatively new to dwarf fortress, so i downloaded the latest full version of this graphics set, but now i've got a problem.
When I try to embark and prepare for the journey carefully, I can't choose plants, drinks or seeds as starting items.
This problem bugs me quite a lot, so does anyone know a solution?

The only thing I can think of is that your mother civilization is crap.
When you are choosing an embark location, you can use TAB to scroll through different information menus.
When you get to the one called "CIVILIZATION", and it has a list of dwarf civs, you can use + and - to choose one.
If you pick one on a wide selection of biomes (usually I just go with the largest civ), it'll provide more trade goods.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: February 19, 2011, 09:03:19 am »

A simple workaround to "v's all over my trade depot after a vulture attack" is to make two tiles - "big pile of bones" and "small pile of bones" - and associate all creatures with appropriate tiles. Thus on death they will leave bone piles, I use it in Genesis.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Valience

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: February 19, 2011, 09:48:15 am »

A simple workaround to "v's all over my trade depot after a vulture attack" is to make two tiles - "big pile of bones" and "small pile of bones" - and associate all creatures with appropriate tiles. Thus on death they will leave bone piles, I use it in Genesis.

I like this idea. +1 and all that.
Regardless of what I said previously, DF elves don't chop. They merely coax the wood out of a tree in a manner which is probably sexual. So yes, they are terrible, terrible beings.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: February 19, 2011, 09:55:56 am »

Taste my Paci-Fist

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: February 19, 2011, 03:11:37 pm »

you would need to make it +2 lol...and I make it +3

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: February 19, 2011, 03:18:47 pm »

Not really, as when he says +1 and I say +1 it is +2 to whatever it was before either way. The way you do it we are at +6 now. ;D
Taste my Paci-Fist

ammy55

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: February 19, 2011, 04:26:10 pm »

i'm having a problem with text showing as tiles heres a picture how do i fix this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: February 19, 2011, 05:00:42 pm »

This is a problem with how the text is displayed. Originally the tileset is used to display text, ttf-support is new. Some screens still use the tileset, so because tilesets are used to display text and graphics something like this happens.
Short: This is expected behaviour and can only be fixed via replacing some graphics with letters.
Taste my Paci-Fist
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 329