Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1218768 times)

Valience

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (0.50! Come and get it!)
« Reply #3405 on: February 18, 2011, 04:59:14 pm »

Thanks for the speedy release :D

I will admit, though, that I am using one of the "beta" .pngs with the swirly numbers for water and the newer ore tiles. I guess I was one of the few who likes the swirly water numbers.
Regardless of what I said previously, DF elves don't chop. They merely coax the wood out of a tree in a manner which is probably sexual. So yes, they are terrible, terrible beings.

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: February 18, 2011, 05:16:44 pm »

RHIfreakingNOCEROS .

They are trainable, ladies and gentlemen.

timco35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: February 18, 2011, 05:49:51 pm »

First of all, great work.  I love this tileset.  While I agree with earlier comments about water being rather dark, the sharp letters and just overall great fortress looks outweighs that minor issue.

I'm still having issues with creatures being chopped up.  I downloaded your full version, started a new game, and updated the [PAGE_DIM:25:20] to [PAGE_DIM:29:20]
in the graphics_critters.txt as mentioned earlier and still no luck.  In fact, changing it back and forth doesn't seem to affect their appearance at all.  I may have started my fortress before the change if that matters.

I noticed that creatures on the left-most of the tileset seem least effected (normal cats and dogs) but even a few creatures to the right and they seem to get halved.  My elephant image is the adult back half on the left with the baby from on the right. Dwarves, goblins, and fish seem to be unmolested in any way.  I'm real new to forum posting and I can't figure out how to make a screen shot.  The export local image thing kind of lost me. 

I have a feeling I'm missing something that should be obvious, so forgive my idiocy.  Thanks for any help or insight into this.

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: February 18, 2011, 05:52:20 pm »

You just need to update your savegame.

timco35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: February 18, 2011, 06:04:54 pm »

Gah!  Worked perfectly.  I didn't realize raws got saved individually withing a game once a game got started.  New it was something dumb.  Thanks a million. Keep up the stellar work.

fluffhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: February 18, 2011, 06:29:16 pm »

just started playing and I want it to look pretty.  How exactly do I get this installed?  I've got 0.31.19, but not sure how to install a tileset, it doesn't seem like it would be too tough, just not sure what to do, I downloaded the new file mentioned in the first post, but what do I do with it.

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: February 18, 2011, 06:33:11 pm »

Hey! Welcome to the best roguelike you'll ever play!

Your best bet is to just grab THIS!
It's the game and our graphics set all bundled together.
Then you can just jump right in and play!

The graphics set gets updated fairly often, so keep an eye on this thread or that link.

BradUffner

• Bay Watcher
  • BradUffner has begun a mysterious construction.
    • View Profile
    • Gump Studio
« Reply #3412 on: February 18, 2011, 06:35:06 pm »

Actually, I'm bored enough that I think I'm going to give writing a configurator a shot.  I've got some ideas that would allow for mixing things together from several different tilesets.

First version is done.

Thread for the application is  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77724.0
Raw Explorer - Easily navigate and edit your raw files via GUI! - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103360.0
Tile Genie - Merge multiple tilesets - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77724.0

fluffhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: February 18, 2011, 07:39:21 pm »

Cool, I already had the game downloaded and tried out a small fortress last night and read through a couple walkthroughs.  I don't care about that fortress realy, so I'll just download that.  HOwever, in the future, if I want to update the tileset only I just copy the new data and raw folders into the appropriate DF folders, correct?  And also if I want it to apply to my old saves, I need to copy it into each region that I want updated?  If so, I think I'm starting to get it. :) page bookmarked for future updates. Thanks for all your hard work (fast too since the game was just updated.)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: February 18, 2011, 07:42:47 pm »

Yes, and run savegame updater after that just to be sure it works.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: February 18, 2011, 08:08:15 pm »

If you're dragging stuff into the right folders, the savegame updater isn't necessary at all. I never use it.

So I've done sheep, goats, pigs, rabbits, yaks, water buffalo, reindeer, alpacas, rhinos and rocs.

Whew. That's a lot of critters for one day.

I just need to do cavies and giraffes, and I will give y'all a copy of the new critter raws!

Thundrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: February 18, 2011, 08:30:45 pm »

RHIfreakingNOCEROS .

They are trainable, ladies and gentlemen.

Nice! Love exotic animals! Like the stance!

They end up a bit of scarred over time though. *cough cough*  ;D

---

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (0.51 now! Just new critter art, mostly)
« Reply #3417 on: February 18, 2011, 09:20:38 pm »

Hey guys! The new set is up.

Most of you probably just want the upgrade pack for this one.
The only major difference is the new critters. And they're totally worth it.

I also fixed the ghost dwarves that were showing up, and some other stuff.

Everybody have an awesome weekend!

Verdian

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (0.51 now! Just new critter art, mostly)
« Reply #3418 on: February 18, 2011, 09:31:50 pm »

Any chance of getting corpses for each creature/animal? Just make them black and white, laying on their side or something? I have uppercase V's all over my trading depot from a vulture attack.
ArkDelgato: Why is my house filled with vomit.
nahkh: Why ISN'T your house filled with vomit?!

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: February 18, 2011, 09:53:42 pm »

just started playing and I want it to look pretty.  How exactly do I get this installed?  I've got 0.31.19, but not sure how to install a tileset, it doesn't seem like it would be too tough, just not sure what to do, I downloaded the new file mentioned in the first post, but what do I do with it.

My two cents:
If you are new to Dwarf Fortress, I'd recommend taking a look at the Lazy Newb Pack v7.0. It includes the 0.31.18 version, combined with several graphics sets to choose from (including Ironhand), bundled with a very useful GUI and with several of the most popular/useful utilities pre-installed, including DFhack and Dwarf Therapist. Many fans swear by the usefulness of these utilities and this pack as a great way to get introduced.

It may be tempting to download and use the latest version, especially with all the cool new animals and features. But there are several major bugs being worked on. And there are not many utilities or mods available yet that are fully compatible with 0.31.19.

Just saying...
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 329