Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1218571 times)

Ethicalfive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (OOPS)
« Reply #3870 on: April 04, 2011, 10:43:43 am »

The horizontal pipe is also the axle tile. So the only way to fix it up would be to center the river tiles. I can't imagine it'd detract from the bendy river tiles to have them centered at the edges..

Are all the ores supposed to look like a angry samurai, the 11th icon on the top row? Just curious if its just me
Looks like a multicolour blob to me.. Wish I saw a samurai in it.. I found the ore to be quite colourful and out of place at first, but am used to it now.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 10:49:14 am by Ethicalfive »
Urist McMiner Unearths a strange pad. He trembles as he inspects it's time saving features. Knowing no 1 dwarf must posess this power, he quietly drops it into the nearest chasm and never speaks of it again.DwarfPad

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: April 04, 2011, 12:04:34 pm »

Are all the ores supposed to look like a angry samurai, the 11th icon on the top row? Just curious if its just me

I saw this, too... but since I've been messing around in Worldgen and Arena with this so far, I hadn't realized that this was ore.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Greendogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: April 04, 2011, 03:14:13 pm »

Yeah, the mushroom cluster idea is awesome. I'll totally take a look at that when I get a chance.

Awesome Ironhand, you're the best!
Sail - The end reminds me of a goblin choking a kobold.  No ponies, sorry.

Ethicalfive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: April 05, 2011, 06:28:31 am »

Hope noone minds.. Just thought i'd try some different combos and help ironhand decide on grouping arrangments when he tries out some different cluster combos.

Those are buttons, with some king stropharia in the bottom right corner. I could try some more slender mushrooms also, but they probably wouldn't fit the 'plump' part of the plump helm name. Could look cool though.

@Ironhand: If you do manage to update the tile magic thread, I might have a go at making up some real tiles, im abit confused by the alpha layer use though, and engravings, I dont understand how those work, they make my brain splode.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 06:32:09 am by Ethicalfive »
Urist McMiner Unearths a strange pad. He trembles as he inspects it's time saving features. Knowing no 1 dwarf must posess this power, he quietly drops it into the nearest chasm and never speaks of it again.DwarfPad

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: April 05, 2011, 07:12:26 am »

I like the white ones near the bottom right.  They tile better.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: April 05, 2011, 07:23:20 am »

Hope noone minds.. Just thought i'd try some different combos and help ironhand decide on grouping arrangments when he tries out some different cluster combos.

Those are buttons, with some king stropharia in the bottom right corner. I could try some more slender mushrooms also, but they probably wouldn't fit the 'plump' part of the plump helm name. Could look cool though.

@Ironhand: If you do manage to update the tile magic thread, I might have a go at making up some real tiles, im abit confused by the alpha layer use though, and engravings, I dont understand how those work, they make my brain splode.
Alpha transparency is the ratio between the current layer and what is behind.
60% alpha means the pixel will be 60% current layer, 40% under layers.

One very effective way to use alpha transparency is the layer mask. Layer mask are a greyscale image that control the transparency of each pixel in the layer. White = 100% opaque, black = 100% transparent.

To create engravings or "tile magic" do this:
Create a second layer which you will completely fill with black, and put that layer under your main layer, add a layer mask to that layer which you should fill white.
Then add a layer mask to your primary layer, copy the image of your primary layer into its layer mask, then fill the layer itself white.
This will make the white part of your image white, and the black part transparent. Of course, you have a black layer underneath your main image, so the black parts will still be black.
Now you can draw black (0% opaque) in the layer mask of the black layer to let the background color through.

To actually see what you are doing, you should put a colored (magenta) layer underneath the black layer, so when you carve through the black layer you will be able to see the magenta peak through.
Remember to disable the magenta layer before using your work. Also, remember to backup everything, and make a copy for every significant change you do, this way you'll be able to backtrack through your learning process.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 07:26:04 am by Phoebus »

Valience

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: April 05, 2011, 08:17:33 am »

The plump helmets should be a fat little dorf with a football helmet on :D /shot

I like the bottom left of your ideas Ethical. Leave s smidge of space between rows to that they don't all kind of smush together.
Regardless of what I said previously, DF elves don't chop. They merely coax the wood out of a tree in a manner which is probably sexual. So yes, they are terrible, terrible beings.

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: April 05, 2011, 08:57:01 am »

Hey, guys. Sorry I haven't updated ANYTHING recently.
I've been busy since the weekend...

If you didn't see it yet, though, check this out:
Spoiler: Toady's made CITIES!!! (click to show/hide)

Looking forward to that release! Although, it's a real pity constructions aren't flammable yet...

MiniMacker

• Bay Watcher
  • Side-effects include nausia, tantrum and insanity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: April 05, 2011, 09:04:39 am »

Those are frickin' boss. They aren't as packed, you can clearly see it's outline and you can easily recognize it as a pair of mushrooms.
It's classic design gives it some recognizable value. You won't have to squint, think or loo(k) to see what it is.
It isn't a new Dwarf Fortress version until we're made to fear some kind of regular creature.  Carp, Elephants, Unicorns, Badgers, and now Mosquitos.  I've got 5 dorfBucks on the next one being plagues of groundhogs.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: April 05, 2011, 09:22:08 am »

Looking forward to that release! Although, it's a real pity constructions aren't flammable yet...
Bah, we'll just have to wall the gates and fill it with magma. *dreamy eyes*
Of course we probably can't embark in those cities... :(

ghiacciato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: April 06, 2011, 04:08:35 pm »

So, until the next release on the weekend (the one immediately coming up?), there is no way to use the proper version with 31.25? I just switched, and would love to use this one...

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: April 06, 2011, 07:59:56 pm »

So, until the next release on the weekend (the one immediately coming up?), there is no way to use the proper version with 31.25? I just switched, and would love to use this one...

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2511
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: April 07, 2011, 08:37:33 am »

I have a problem with none of my savegames working that were saved using this graphic set, and I prefer it to the others.

I see that you can download an update for the files.. So I did. I am using the Lazy Newb Pack V9.1 and I copied the files from this graphic set over the ones that came with LNP. I told it to change to Ironhand and update the saves, but I still can't load. I just get "Missing Reaction Definition". They only load when I use Phobus graphic set. None of the others will work whatsoever.

Fresh install of everything... Anything else I can do?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: April 07, 2011, 09:41:57 am »

I have a problem with none of my savegames working that were saved using this graphic set, and I prefer it to the others.

I see that you can download an update for the files.. So I did. I am using the Lazy Newb Pack V9.1 and I copied the files from this graphic set over the ones that came with LNP. I told it to change to Ironhand and update the saves, but I still can't load. I just get "Missing Reaction Definition". They only load when I use Phobus graphic set. None of the others will work whatsoever.

Fresh install of everything... Anything else I can do?
One reaction name was changed by Toady a few updates ago, so saves from before that update will break when updated to recent versions.
I've fixed that problem in my graphic pack by including both the new and the old names for the reaction.
You can just copy the file "reaction_other.txt" from my pack over, it's located in "/raw/objects/".

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: April 07, 2011, 01:06:32 pm »

The real set is still where it's always been: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2511

Sorry about the delays recently. I can't guarantee anything for the rest of the month.

Getting towards the end of the semester, and it's ridiculous.
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 329