Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1218554 times)

Lancezh

• Bay Watcher
  • Noob Inc
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (nothin' new)
« Reply #4020 on: July 04, 2011, 08:55:12 am »

This is my favourite graphics Pack, the other ones are mostly to colourfull for me. Just dropping by to say thank you.

Mikehpoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: July 06, 2011, 03:21:27 pm »

Firstly, Thanks for the great graphics! Probably my favourite.

Second, I've embarked on a Serene biome and it has bubble bulb growing everywhere. The graphic for this bulb is really offputting and makes it hard to find anything on the top soil level, is there anyway to change this?

Turning off Varied Ground Tiles in the d_init.txt has sorted out the issue I had.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 06:29:34 pm by Mikehpoo »

lcf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: July 23, 2011, 07:02:57 am »

Graphics is great (thanks for it!), but getting crash when using this specific set and looking at one tile.
After switching to ASCII or other graphics, it's fine.

Save with description available here -> http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4712.

Slye_Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: July 24, 2011, 11:14:44 am »

I have an idea on how to get more icons, while not using TTF;

A while ago, you made flowing water with numbers on them for the depth.
A similar system could be used for the letters.

Durithill

• Bay Watcher
  • "Being natural is simply a pose."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: July 27, 2011, 10:36:47 am »

Hey, could someone help me? I'm trying to get an old fortress running that I've been trying to bring up through the versions as the game has progressed. Unfortunately I can no longer play this fortress because whenever I unpause the game it freezes and the game dies a violent death. After a bit of looking around, it seems that it might have something to do with using the Ironhand tileset. Looking at the error log reveals a lot of "Unit has misaligned bp modifiers.  Adjusting." errors, which I say mentioned a while ago on the forums here in conjunction with the Ironhand tileset.

I love the Ironhand tileset and would like to play this fortress again if possible.

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: July 28, 2011, 08:51:36 am »

Hi there,

I absolutely love the art style in this pack, but there is one thing I just can't get over. I usually play in cold or freezing biomes, and snow is appearing as a dark grey instead of white, which creates ugly contrast with other, non-snow tiles. I assume this has something to do with the new PNG transparency, but I'm only familiar with editing the old non-transparent tiles and my attempts to brighten only end up ruining the graphics.

Any ideas on how I could go about fixing this so that winter wonderland no longer looks like an old film noir? Not sure if this is a more general issue or specific to me, but I can post pictures if necessary.

Thanks for all your hard work, Ironhand!

-Blak

Durithill

• Bay Watcher
  • "Being natural is simply a pose."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: July 28, 2011, 10:22:30 am »

It's been a while since I've played a map with snow on it, but if I remember correctly, the reason the snow is grey instead of white is because it's only a dusting instead of full snowfall. When you have more snow on the area, it turns white, I believe.
I don't know if there's a way to make it white all the time though.

Weaselcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: July 29, 2011, 04:01:14 pm »

I wish the human models would be tweaked a bit more, Including size and detail.

I usually play this with a human-fortress mod which changes a few things, including the models. It's kind of an eye-sore to see the same few human models waltzing around.

Redial

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: July 31, 2011, 04:59:37 am »

I came to say thanks. This mod make it easier for a new player like me.

Accessdenied

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: July 31, 2011, 07:58:01 pm »

Ahoy.  Registered to say "THANKS!"

However, is there a link anywhere to a what each icon means?  It's more intuitive than the ascii for me.  (Which is odd.  I grew up on roguelike games.  Just goes to show).  However, I occasionally see an icon which I can't quite work out.  It looks like a mining cart in the areas I have not mined.  Pressing 'k' and cursoring over reveals nothing.

Is the icon just there so you don't get MaMoBN?  (Miles and Miles of Bl@#dy Nothing)

I have tried searching, but at present I'm kind of limited in that I haven't learnt all terminology yet and as such working out the correct search string is difficult.  If you could give me a few hints..  :P

Cheers
Dave

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: July 31, 2011, 08:01:01 pm »

Some tiles are used for multiple things, thats probably it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: July 31, 2011, 08:10:28 pm »

Yeah, the % tile is thrown in there every once in a while to break up the monotony of empty underground space.

@Durithill: The snow is actually grey because it's sharing a tile with sand. And if I made it brighter, sand would be ugly.
I figured people would be playing games in beaches and deserts and river valleys more often than glaciers.
But still, winter is kinda ugly. I know.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: August 04, 2011, 06:18:07 pm »

I wish the human models would be tweaked a bit more, Including size and detail.

I usually play this with a human-fortress mod which changes a few things, including the models. It's kind of an eye-sore to see the same few human models waltzing around.

I second this...I almost always play humans...Dwarves are to easy and I cant stand playing them as a surface race....I am weird like that.

I cant find a set of human sprites for stonsense either...no human love it seems

Marble_Nuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Real dwarf dig deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: August 04, 2011, 10:28:42 pm »

I was actually wondering if you could one day make some different tile for different traps. Could look really more awseome and be less confusing at the front gate where spike, stone fall, huge spiked ball, rotating blade and cage traps are all grouped together.

More than the confusion problem, it would just look great!!

You did an outstanding job so far, I feel bad about that but I just can't stand the ASCII, I will always play with your graphic set.

Greendogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: August 05, 2011, 06:45:57 am »

Hey Ironhand, did you ever get around to doing something with the plump helmets like in this post?

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=53180.msg2151549#msg2151549
Sail - The end reminds me of a goblin choking a kobold.  No ponies, sorry.
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 329