Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1218497 times)

Talas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (temp build to play with)
« Reply #4260 on: February 21, 2012, 11:14:42 am »

But, anyway, I whipped up a mosquito really fast:

I like it!

So I took the liberty of un-gianting your mosquito, so there are 2 versions, normal and giant..

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4261 on: February 21, 2012, 12:52:33 pm »

Excellent work on the mod. I am having issues with crashes though. First year goes by pretty smooth without any problems besides extremely low FPS, could just be my embark area though(more water and rain than I had in the embark from 34.01 which was near max FPS).

Early into the second year the game crashes just after the first migrant wave, usually before they can all show up. I try again and save the game when the migrants arrive. The wave completes this time but then crashes the next month. I then repeat saving and continuing throughout the migrant wave and am able to continue playing but after a few months it crashes again.

Is there any sort of crash log that I can check to find out what is causing the problems? In 34.01 I was able to play through 2 years straight without a crash but now it seems that I can only get through 6 months to a year before it crashes.

I'm guessing it's because .62 only had the main exe from 34.02 copied over. I think the raws are still from 34.01.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4262 on: February 21, 2012, 02:52:27 pm »

All the birds from creature_birds_new.txt except for the magpie, kestrel, and kakapo that Kafine did (and I hadn't already done).

Crow, Raven, Barn Owl, Snowy Owl, Loon, White Stork
Swan, Wren, Osprey, Emu, Cassowary, Kea
Lorikeet, Cockatiel, Peach-Faced Lovebird, Masked Lovebird, Parakeet, Gray Parrot
Great Horned Owl, Albatross, Eagle, Peregrine Falcon, Puffin, Sparrow
Hornbill, Bushtit, Ostrich, Kiwi Bird

I redid several of these, including the barn owl, raven, gray parrot, white stork, loon, kea and maybe something I'm forgetting to make them look a little better.

I'll get the child versions and -man versions out probably tommorow or so.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 04:54:14 pm by NW_Kohaku »
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: February 21, 2012, 02:57:36 pm »

You are good at birds, Kohaku.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: February 21, 2012, 03:13:32 pm »

You are good at birds, Kohaku.

Thanks.

Hopefully, once I'm done with the baby versions, small versions, -man versions, zombie versions, small zombies, -man zombies, and baby man zombies, I'll be as good with the insects and slugs and such...

There's something like 300 total new creatures (plus children and zombie versions of all of them) so there is plenty of stuff to still do.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Myiagros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4265 on: February 22, 2012, 08:14:10 am »

Excellent work on the mod. I am having issues with crashes though. First year goes by pretty smooth without any problems besides extremely low FPS, could just be my embark area though(more water and rain than I had in the embark from 34.01 which was near max FPS).

Early into the second year the game crashes just after the first migrant wave, usually before they can all show up. I try again and save the game when the migrants arrive. The wave completes this time but then crashes the next month. I then repeat saving and continuing throughout the migrant wave and am able to continue playing but after a few months it crashes again.

Is there any sort of crash log that I can check to find out what is causing the problems? In 34.01 I was able to play through 2 years straight without a crash but now it seems that I can only get through 6 months to a year before it crashes.

I'm guessing it's because .62 only had the main exe from 34.02 copied over. I think the raws are still from 34.01.
I found out that disabling True Type Fonts completely clears the crashes that I was having, managed to play over a year last night with no issues.

Greendogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: February 22, 2012, 09:50:55 am »

There's something like 300 total new creatures (plus children and zombie versions of all of them) so there is plenty of stuff to still do.
Does that 300 include the children/zombie/giant/-man versions?  Or are there 1500 (300 x 5[different versions]) little creature icons needing to be done in DF2012?
Sail - The end reminds me of a goblin choking a kobold.  No ponies, sorry.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4267 on: February 22, 2012, 10:14:46 am »

Does that 300 include the children/zombie/giant/-man versions?  Or are there 1500 (300 x 5[different versions]) little creature icons needing to be done in DF2012?

300 new creature definitions in the raws - that means "giant" and "-man" versions count (so 100 new natural creatures), but that doesn't count child and zombie versions, so since those can mix-and-match, there are up to 1200 new graphics to be done.

With that, roughly 30 down, 1170 to go.

... and suddenly, I feel a need to cry.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4268 on: February 22, 2012, 11:45:22 am »

Yeah, welcome to spriting for Dwarf Fortress!  ;)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: February 22, 2012, 12:20:34 pm »

OK, my whatever-mans are coming out like absolute crap, and I'm not sure how to fix them.

Loonman, Barn Owlman, Snowy Owlman
Kiwiman, Storkman, Crowman

I haven't bothered to put the outlines on the bottom three, in case you're wondering what's different, but that's something that is easy to do and which I don't particularly like putting on the graphics, but I do anyway, just because everyone else does it.

Because of this, I think I'm just going to do baby versions and then move on to the creature_bug_slug_new.txt critters.  I'll come back for -mans and zombies later, hopefully when I've figured out something.

But first, there's one I've been wanting to do...

Beware the Peach-Faced Lovebirdman!  NOW YOU WILL KNOW WHY YOU FEAR THE PETSHOP!
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: February 22, 2012, 02:02:13 pm »

You are doing Armok's work, Kohaku. :-*
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: February 22, 2012, 03:00:22 pm »

Good stuff indeed, NW_Kohaku!
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: February 22, 2012, 05:54:28 pm »

Well, I did all the babies, so status report on that...

I'm putting Kafine's Kakapo, Magpie, and Kestrel and the child versions of the same in this image, so for those birds, all credit is due to her, instead.  I'm also throwing in some of the -man things I did as placeholders until I'm sure what I want to do with them.

The blank spaces are for different versions (zombie, non-giant, non-giant zombie, -man child, -man child zombie, etc.) that haven't been completed yet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You'll probably notice several palette swaps or just outright reuse on some of those babies, but I actually freehanded some of these from scratch, and they wound up looking almost exactly like the ones I already had...  I tried doing some from the front, with the chick looking at the "camera", but aside from the owls, they turned out crap, so they all wound up in the same pose looking fairly similar.  The falcons and the sparrows are an example of two chicks I drew freehand that look almost exactly alike.

I enjoy doing the new creatures more than the -man versions, so I'll go off and do creature_bug_slug_new.txt next
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

diegokilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4273 on: February 22, 2012, 06:52:53 pm »

I just wanted to drop by and say thanks for this, I couldn't have learned, and continued to play DF without Ironhand :D

Greendogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: February 22, 2012, 09:37:05 pm »

Way to go NW_Kohaku!  Damn that's a lot of birds!  I love the stork man you have, but it looks more like a swan or a goose man to me... though I suppose that's going to happen with 50 million birds to do....  Why Toady? WHY!?

Anyway, beautiful work, I think you're doing a great job.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 02:43:45 am by Greendogo »
Sail - The end reminds me of a goblin choking a kobold.  No ponies, sorry.
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 329