Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 404372 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #4620 on: December 24, 2011, 03:01:06 pm »

Probably. I don't know myself, and I don't have time to test, seeing as I'm testing a couple of other things right now.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4621 on: December 24, 2011, 03:03:28 pm »

I probally might get around to it eventually. I'm more concered about what your findings are for [SPECFIC_FOOD] then making bones :P

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: December 24, 2011, 08:19:13 pm »

Pretty sure from earlier testing that trying to produce bones doesn't really work and caused crashes on top of that.

One workaround could be to create a new item (tool, toy, etc) and call it something like "chip" or "pile", then when you create one out of bone material it would be a "cat bone chip" or "cat bone pile".

Or depending what you want to do with the bones afterwards, just have a reaction that creates the final product out of your desired bone.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: December 24, 2011, 08:39:26 pm »

Damn, I was trying to figure out a workaround for making wooden armor for elves, since you can make bone armor, if you could swap the creature material and make "wood" bones you would craft wood armor

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: December 24, 2011, 10:13:40 pm »

I don't see why you can't assign the skeletal parts usually made of bone to a wooden material in the creature raws. The relevant parts -

[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]

Assign a new material and new tissue (either add it into STANDARD_MATERIALS and STANDARD_TISSUES or define it in the creature) and then call VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:YOUR_CUSTOM_TISSUE:CARTILAGE for it to use your wooden tissue where it would usually use bone.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: December 24, 2011, 10:27:57 pm »

That would work, but... you would get (creature name) wood armor. What I was hoping to do was take a type of wood/log and make bones from it so "wood" armor could be made at the craftshop. Damn Elves no wonder nobody really likes them :P

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: December 25, 2011, 06:06:39 am »

Make a tree named bonewood. Make a reaction to make it into a metal called bone, with about near the same strength as bone, and use that. It's crude, but it's the only way I can think of right now.

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: December 25, 2011, 09:12:36 pm »

Make a tree named bonewood. Make a reaction to make it into a metal called bone, with about near the same strength as bone, and use that. It's crude, but it's the only way I can think of right now.
He was asking of a way to make WOOD armor from the bones :P

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: December 26, 2011, 06:09:10 am »

Then, make bones into a metal called bone metal, then make bonewood and use that for the reaction. :P

Tolarean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: December 28, 2011, 03:50:51 pm »

Ive come upon one thing, and to be honest, wasnt sure where to post this. Not sure if it happened to anyone else.
I decided to build on top of water, with floors for support and then wanted to destroy the support to make the construction sink... however, it simply floated. The first one was made of wood, so I thought.. perhaps...   but the second one was purely made of stone, and floated nevertheless. Is this normal?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4630 on: December 28, 2011, 04:30:47 pm »

You might still have something connected to land or a wall that is fully supported, also I don't think this is a modding question :P
Ive come upon one thing, and to be honest, wasnt sure where to post this. Not sure if it happened to anyone else.
I decided to build on top of water, with floors for support and then wanted to destroy the support to make the construction sink... however, it simply floated. The first one was made of wood, so I thought.. perhaps...   but the second one was purely made of stone, and floated nevertheless. Is this normal?

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: December 28, 2011, 06:49:21 pm »

You might still have something connected to land or a wall that is fully supported, also I don't think this is a modding question :P
Or you might have turned off caveins in the d_init.
I suggest posting in here next time something like this comes up
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4632 on: December 28, 2011, 11:21:33 pm »

Ok issue has been resolved, It was because I had left creature_ off the .txt file now it works.

But another question, how do  make a reaction take only one portion of LIQUID_MISC? no matter what I use it takes all of the reagent
Known Issue
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 11:22:05 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4633 on: December 29, 2011, 01:45:41 am »

But another question, how do  make a reaction take only one portion of LIQUID_MISC? no matter what I use it takes all of the reagent
known issue.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: December 29, 2011, 08:59:42 am »

I have a question about eggs.

Can you have a civilisation race lay eggs ? e.g. say you want something like, I don't know, tortoisemen.
will the mother wander off from the nest box for food/drink? or will they stay put?

Suppose you want a weird race, with multiple castes, is it possible for one caste to have live young, and the other caste lay eggs? would the eggs hatch into any creature caste ?
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 357