Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 55

Author Topic: The DF 0.31.04 Work-In-Progress Thread  (Read 214099 times)

Spike GT

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarf Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF 0.31.04 Work-In-Progress Thread
« Reply #360 on: May 18, 2010, 10:15:32 am »

Is it the 800X600.png not seeming to be sized the same that is throwing you off?  Back with the 40d# versions I was having that little odd size thing was bothering me as well.

Back in one of the the 40d# threads there should be a .png 800x300cursesold that is has the old proportions.  But I think you can still use the old .bmp files with this version, which could simplify matters.

Found the post in case it is more useful. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=40349.msg889535#msg889535

Yes, thank you, thank you very much for that.  It's not quite exactly the same, but it's close enough that it does not bother me.  Now to just remember to copy that file over every time an update comes out.

EDIT: Now to just figure out which of these print modes to use so that it isn't slower than the other version!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 10:23:40 am by Spike GT »

voneiden

• Bay Watcher
  • hngh
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 18, 2010, 10:27:40 am »

Really?  In linux?
Aye. Intro has sounds, menu has music, in-game has music. I think somebody else with Ubuntu reported success too with sounds.

This is what comes out when starting DF:
Sound devices available:
ALSA Software
OSS Software
Picking ALSA Software. If your desired device was missing, make sure you have the appropriate 32-bit libraries installed. If you wanted a different device, configure ~/.openalrc appropriately.
Perfect OpenAL context attributes GET

Alexei403

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 18, 2010, 10:32:24 am »

Are all future updates going to be like this?  I can't get mine to look right in this version, and am just reverting to 31.03.

I don't believe so. from what I understand of it the merge with the 40d# stuff required a lot of the code to be replaced, resulting in errors. Once this is sorted out, I *think* we're moving onto fixing some of the worse 31.03 bugs. (potentially after some time off for Mr. Toady)

Oh, I didn't mean in terms of bugs.  I'd never fuss about bugs with a game as neat as DF.  What I mean is the whole thing with the resolution and window sizing stuff.  I just can't get mine to look the way I like it, and I'm wondering if I will be able to keep playing DF the way I have been.  It really screws with my experience of the game when I can't get it to look right.

Hmm. I think they'll be fixing all the issues with the resizing and the flickering and the general not working-ness of it. So if it isn't how you like it, you will be able to make it how you like it.

I think. As to whether this is going to be possible in the very next release, I dunno.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 18, 2010, 11:35:35 am »

Windows 7, X64
Radeon Mobility HD 3650

Every draw mode crashes on launch except for the 2D modes, which all work fine.
Even standard!

The last 40D# works for me for all of the 3D modes.

You probably need to update your drivers.  In fact, that goes for everyone in this thread who's getting frame rates way too low for their CPU.

armrha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 18, 2010, 11:37:33 am »

I get sound on my linux machine too - Ubuntu 10.04, using the ALSA sound output.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 18, 2010, 01:18:36 pm »

[/quote] SDL_PollEvent would not block, SDL_WaitEvent would block.
[/quote]

There was a bug report linked for the site-finder-wait-for-keypress issue a couple pages back that I just noticed.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #366 on: May 18, 2010, 01:53:56 pm »

@foop: I've had that problem on my macbook pro.  For whatever reason it's doesn't like the "delete" as a "Backspace" key.  I fixed it by editing interface.txt by hand and finding and changing these lines:

[BIND:STRING_A000:REPEAT_SLOW]
[SYM:0:Delete]
Thank you. I kept asking for how to fix this. It needs to be made default.

Acid Bug still appears to be around, 6 of my dwarves just died about 45 minutes into playing. :(

Edit: Screenshot, for whatever it's worth...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Looks like it just became summer. Are you in some exceptionally hot place? First summer? Toady says he fixed a day/night temperature problem, you may have a seasonal problem.

Why do you begin every post with 'Hi!'?

While I agree it is irritating to have someone regularly defy protocol, you'd best not point it out. As I recall last time that happened, someone got banned in the ensuing flamewar.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 01:57:53 pm by Quatch »
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

Phreck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 18, 2010, 02:18:21 pm »

Anyone gotten tilesets to work with a 64-bit version of Linux?  I'm using 64-bit Ubuntu 10.04, and whenever I start the game I get the following:
/usr/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so

I've used a program called getlibs to install the 32-bit version of that.  But it installs it to /usr/lib32/, and it seems DF isn't looking for the shared library there.  I put "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib32/" in the df script, but still same error.  The game will load to the start screen, but once I try to either generate a world or continue a save it crashes with a segmentation fault.  If I set Graphics:NO, then everything seems to work fine, I can play just fine, but I don't feel comfortable playing without the Mayday tileset yet.

Either way I'm really excited about the Linux version being out now, running 0.31.03 in Wine was killer.  I got over 100 dwarves and it slowed down to about 15 FPS. 

Well anyone have any ideas?  I'm comfortable trying things out if need be.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 18, 2010, 02:28:07 pm »

Graphics simply does not work right now. I'll look at it tomorrow.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

Phreck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 18, 2010, 02:46:39 pm »

Graphics simply does not work right now. I'll look at it tomorrow.

Ahh ok, good to know, sorry if you said it before.  Didn't want to look through 25 pages.  Thanks though!

voneiden

• Bay Watcher
  • hngh
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 18, 2010, 02:53:51 pm »

/usr/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so
If DF starts with that error, then don't bother about it. Gnome Virtual File System certainly isn't a library dependency for DF, probably something else in your system causing the error. Why it gets attempted to be loaded in the first place, I do not know.

The game will load to the start screen, but once I try to either generate a world or continue a save it crashes with a segmentation fault.  If I set Graphics:NO, then everything seems to work fine
I don't think anybody mentioned anything about segfaults in this thread yet. Wait and see until Baughn gets the graphics mode fixed. If it still segfaults then you're in the same boat with this guy (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=50514.msg1069718;topicseen#msg1069718). I guess anything could cause it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 18, 2010, 02:55:15 pm »

If you cannot play without graphics, replace some unneeded tiles with creature tiles and enjoy. That's how I've made my emergent release for all graphic wh lovers :P.

It's actually better than real graphics mode because you are able to assign different tiles to male and female creatures.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 18, 2010, 02:55:36 pm »

Windows 7, X64
Radeon Mobility HD 3650

Every draw mode crashes on launch except for the 2D modes, which all work fine.
Even standard!

The last 40D# works for me for all of the 3D modes.

You probably need to update your drivers.  In fact, that goes for everyone in this thread who's getting frame rates way too low for their CPU.

Updating to the April driver release in Windows Update sorted my crash. I wonder what it was?
EDIT: Except for a function call into a NULL function pointer, which is what my debugger told me.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 03:01:42 pm by Thief^ »
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 18, 2010, 03:14:10 pm »

@foop: I've had that problem on my macbook pro.  For whatever reason it's doesn't like the "delete" as a "Backspace" key.  I fixed it by editing interface.txt by hand and finding and changing these lines:

The problem with making it default is that "Backspace" and "Delete" send different keycodes, so changing it by default would probably make "Backspace" stop working.  (I only have the Macbook Pro which just has the "delete" so I can't say for sure if a Mac keyboard with a "Backspace" key would stop working with the change.)  Baughn might be able to shed some light on it, since this is probably a SDL-input related thing.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #374 on: May 18, 2010, 03:32:22 pm »

The problem with making it default is that "Backspace" and "Delete" send different keycodes, so changing it by default would probably make "Backspace" stop working.  (I only have the Macbook Pro which just has the "delete" so I can't say for sure if a Mac keyboard with a "Backspace" key would stop working with the change.)  Baughn might be able to shed some light on it, since this is probably a SDL-input related thing.

Probably is. Game ought to come with 4 preset groups of key configs: full keyboard, laptop; then a mac version thereof (delete instead of backspace). Those seem to get the most question threads on the forum.
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 55