Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 55

Author Topic: The DF 0.31.04 Work-In-Progress Thread  (Read 214067 times)

Corbald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF 0.31.04 Work-In-Progress Thread
« Reply #735 on: May 31, 2010, 03:17:44 pm »

Yes, Eagle-Eye. Or I should say 'sort of.' I ran an old backup save and it worked, but I experienced EVERY bug that's been reported. After generating a new world, and starting a new fort, I found that I had much fewer bugs.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: May 31, 2010, 03:29:05 pm »

edit: whoops, wrong thread.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: May 31, 2010, 03:40:22 pm »

Is this compatible with .03 save games?

Should be.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: May 31, 2010, 03:55:54 pm »

Yes, Eagle-Eye. Or I should say 'sort of.' I ran an old backup save and it worked, but I experienced EVERY bug that's been reported. After generating a new world, and starting a new fort, I found that I had much fewer bugs.

would that include graphics working? or has noone gotten that to work? (I haven't bothered to read past page 15...)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: May 31, 2010, 04:47:39 pm »

I don't think the graphics are working, unless Baughn fixed it with a ninja version.  But I kinda use the regular 800x600 curses, so I haven't kept up to date on that subject.

As for saves being compatible note that although .03 saves work in .04, .04 saves don't seem to be readable to .03.  So if you copy a save into .04 I wouldn't expect it to work if you move it back to .03 (Like to use a utility or something.)  Usually they work both ways, but I guess something to fix a bug broke that particular aspect.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: May 31, 2010, 05:22:32 pm »

well, I tried to change all the graphics files to the proper format, and made the necessary changes in the init file, but no success

Kalrirr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: May 31, 2010, 08:58:13 pm »

well, I tried to change all the graphics files to the proper format, and made the necessary changes in the init file, but no success

It's got something to do with the code. Baughn already fixed it and it should be working in 05.
Death before dishonour

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 31, 2010, 11:07:17 pm »

ah. Is the fix going to be released or will it just be integrated when the next update comes out? Because, honestly, what's the fun in dropping prisoners into a pool of red "is about" signs?

koitsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: June 01, 2010, 01:46:53 am »

I don't think the graphics are working, unless Baughn fixed it with a ninja version.

There are graphics-related (read: GRAPHICS:YES) issues which have been fixed in 0.31.05, which isn't out yet.
Making life hard for others since 1977.

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: June 01, 2010, 05:47:23 am »

ah. Is the fix going to be released or will it just be integrated when the next update comes out? Because, honestly, what's the fun in dropping prisoners into a pool of red "is about" signs?

And what's the fun in completely destroying the whole point of the game by adding graphics to it?
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

Leperous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: June 01, 2010, 06:51:44 am »

And what's the fun in completely destroying the whole point of the game by adding graphics to it?

Watching 16x16 sprites move about instead of coloured ampersands is hardly "destroying" the game! Ultimately all it's doing is giving you a bit more visual information, and if that helps you play or have more fun, great.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: June 01, 2010, 07:01:03 am »

OT

I do not know how will a picture of dwarf give me more info than a ASCII smiley. Anyway I'm used to ASCII and utterly confused by any sort of graphics.

/OT
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Wavecutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: June 01, 2010, 07:32:19 am »

Pointless argument.  If you don't like graphic sets keep it to yourself.
We farm and kill mermaid children. Its too late to worry about political correctness.

Dabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: June 01, 2010, 08:35:17 am »

OT

I do not know how will a picture of dwarf give me more info than a ASCII smiley. Anyway I'm used to ASCII and utterly confused by any sort of graphics.

/OT

That's because it doesn't...colors etc give more info than a graphics set. That's not a "preferred" argument anyway. Just a fact. Butttt...then creatures etc have their own picture...etc...anyway I'm done. :) I'll be back when new verisons out :D
If a elf dies in a forest and only dwarfs are around to see it does anyone care?

Ratboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: June 01, 2010, 09:10:29 am »

If you like graphics use 'em if you don't then don't. No point in complaining. Actually I just wanted to see how posting works.
It doesn't matter whether you're right or wrong, consistency is the key.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 55