Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 391914 times)

Gara-nis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.1
« Reply #585 on: December 06, 2010, 11:50:35 pm »

Looking through the code, I think splatters work differently from normal items you might find on the ground.

You'd probably have to code a fresh util.

Edit: There would probably need to be some recoding done in the dfhack items module as well. Also, it isn't possible to just remove items without causing glitches. It would be possible to change stone to some useless stone that could could then mod to evaporate at room temperature in the raws, but there would need to be some way to distinguish between unused stone and stone that is in constructions, and as far as I can tell, there is no easy way to do that.

TL;DR -- No.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 12:12:30 am by Gara-nis »

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #586 on: December 07, 2010, 07:48:05 am »

Looking through the code, I think splatters work differently from normal items you might find on the ground.
Very differently. Splatters are bitmaps layered over map blocks. Items are individually tracked objects.
You'd probably have to code a fresh util.

Edit: There would probably need to be some recoding done in the dfhack items module as well. Also, it isn't possible to just remove items without causing glitches. It would be possible to change stone to some useless stone that could could then mod to evaporate at room temperature in the raws, but there would need to be some way to distinguish between unused stone and stone that is in constructions, and as far as I can tell, there is no easy way to do that.

TL;DR -- No.
Yes, the items module would have to get the support for flags back. Then it should be possible to check if the item is used for something... and set the 'on fire' flag on it if it isn't. The utility that does this would have to limit the number of items so affected, because having so many burning items around can lag DF too much (think freeze).

bowdown2q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: December 07, 2010, 01:02:40 pm »

What if the utility designated all stone under the cursor? That ought to take care of excess stone without killing the system.
Honestly, I find the best way to deal with useless rocks is to quantum stockpile them in a dump, and occasionally unforbid the pile.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: December 07, 2010, 03:26:32 pm »

couldn't it melt all the items mark'd for (D)umping?

Homr_Zodyssey

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: December 07, 2010, 03:45:55 pm »

Hello. 
I recently downloaded and became addicted to Dwarf Fortress 31.18 SDL running on Windows 7.  I'm trying to figure out if there is any flux stone in my map.  (I coulda swore I put it as a requirement in the embark finder thingy.)  So, I downloaded dfhack-bin-0.5.0.2.  I tried to run dfprospector.exe.  At first, I kept getting "couldn't find a suitable process".  Then I came across this thread, and I added in the offsets posted by daftfad a couple weeks ago.  Now, I get this:
Match found! Using version v0.31.18 SDL.

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

After that, DwarfFortress.exe is locked up and I have to kill it.  Have I done something wrong?  Can anyone give me a hint?

I apologize if this has already been answered somewhere.  I tried researching it, but I'm at a loss.

--Homr

--Addendum--
After playing around a bit more, I realized that dfreveal works fine.  Unfortunately the first layer of Marble is 43 levels down.  :'(

« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 04:01:10 pm by Homr_Zodyssey »

twilightdusk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: December 07, 2010, 09:07:21 pm »

Is there any way to use DFhack to locate aquifers? I'm currently on a multi-biome embark (volcano and sand desert), and I was relying on the existence of an aquifer layer the embark screen said was in the desert, but I can't seem to find it. I downloaded this with the idea of using DFreveal to locate it, but it doesn't distinguish between aquifer sand and regular sand. Any advice? other than just digging holes until I manage to find it?
A man would see that as a difficult challenge.
An elf would see that and despair.
A dwarf would see that and say, "Bring it on."

bowdown2q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: December 07, 2010, 10:28:24 pm »

Start DFreveal, and the go to DF and hit it up like you were doing to dig. wet stone/sand should flash blue.

twilightdusk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: December 07, 2010, 10:34:29 pm »

Aquifers don't show up as wet stone though, do they? I thought the wet stone warning only happened if the water was actually there, and aquifers don't produce water until a side is open.

Yea, just tested it. Either the game lied about there being an aquifer or the aquifer tiles don't automatically show up as wet.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #593 on: December 07, 2010, 10:51:07 pm »

Very differently. Splatters are bitmaps layered over map blocks. Items are individually tracked objects.

On that topic, is it known where the game keeps track of "debris" (i.e. the "≥" and "≤" from expended ammunition)? A way to clear those away would be really nice, and it'd be an ideal addition to dfcleanmap.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #594 on: December 08, 2010, 04:03:43 am »

On that topic, is it known where the game keeps track of "debris" (i.e. the "≥" and "≤" from expended ammunition)? A way to clear those away would be really nice, and it'd be an ideal addition to dfcleanmap.
I'd assume it's still in one of the tile flag fields. Hmm.. can you add it to the problem tracker on github?
Aquifers don't show up as wet stone though, do they? I thought the wet stone warning only happened if the water was actually there, and aquifers don't produce water until a side is open.
Yea, just tested it. Either the game lied about there being an aquifer or the aquifer tiles don't automatically show up as wet.
Aquifers are geology related and the wet tiles probably come from water being nearby/the tiles being open to air. Currently, dfhack only reads the layer materials from the geology data, so a bit of research would be required. But then we could flip those bits and get rid of those pesky things .. or just see them ;)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 08, 2010, 04:15:43 am »

the behavior must have changed since .28 then, because there, you'd see the whole aquifier layer as flashing blue when you tried to dig it.

twilightdusk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: December 08, 2010, 06:59:32 am »

Aquifers are geology related and the wet tiles probably come from water being nearby/the tiles being open to air. Currently, dfhack only reads the layer materials from the geology data, so a bit of research would be required. But then we could flip those bits and get rid of those pesky things .. or just see them ;)

Visibility is all I'm looking for in this case (no other source of water until I'm ready to brave the caverns). If you could make some tool to locate aquifiers I would be very appreciative  :)

twalberg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 08, 2010, 07:43:50 am »

dfreveal will show aquifers - just be careful to not unpause, but hit 'd' 'm' to designate a mining area - aquifers (and any other wet stone features, e.g. river borders, etc...) will blink blue.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #598 on: December 08, 2010, 11:16:41 am »

I'd assume it's still in one of the tile flag fields. Hmm.. can you add it to the problem tracker on github?
I would, but I don't have an account on github (and I don't have a good enough reason to sign up). Anybody else who has an account is welcome to add it.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

twilightdusk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: December 08, 2010, 03:27:44 pm »

dfreveal will show aquifers - just be careful to not unpause, but hit 'd' 'm' to designate a mining area - aquifers (and any other wet stone features, e.g. river borders, etc...) will blink blue.
Aquifiers don't show up as wet stone though, do they? I thought the wet stone warning only happened if the water was actually there, and aquifiers don't produce water until a side is open.

Yea, just tested it. Either the game lied about there being an aquifier or the aquifier tiles don't automatically show up as wet.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 108