Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2528 2529 [2530] 2531 2532 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3562837 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Love Thy Roommate Edition
« Reply #37935 on: June 09, 2014, 06:07:22 am »

Eh no problem. You should be able to find the product name by (in Windows 7 at least, should be the same for other Windows versions) going to the speaker icon on the toolbar in the bottom right, right clicking on it and opening up "Playback Devices". The device in the list with a green tick is the current default and should have the name next to the picture.

Running Linux  :P

The speaker had come loose from the mounting holding it next to my ear, and was rattling around inside its little box. It's now glued back in, and I've given the rest of it a check-up since it's open already.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37936 on: June 09, 2014, 06:13:08 am »

Oh yeah, I know everything about Linux. Yup, everything and anything. Well, nothing.

Good to hear you've eked out a few more months of use. Getting headphones that last can be quite troublesome.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37937 on: June 09, 2014, 07:31:26 am »

If I had kids and homeschool them, I highly doubt me and my husband would have "gay hours" because that's stupid. I mean, LGBT education, yes. Making my children gay? No.
...If I may ask, who suggested that you would? I can definitely see how it would irritate anyone to have an assumption like that dropped on them. :/
I'm just saying that it's stupid to force your lifestyle choice over your child, like what this "furry parent" person is doing.
Flipped example: Substitute "gay hours" for "straight hours" and you're right back in the fifties. The fact that something involves minorities doesn't make it progressive.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 08:37:05 am by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #37938 on: June 09, 2014, 08:16:41 am »

Straight people were a minority in the fifties? :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37939 on: June 09, 2014, 08:25:21 am »

Straight people were a minority in the fifties? :P
Then how in the world did the baby boom happen?

fabulously

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #37940 on: June 09, 2014, 08:58:29 am »

It was because of the power of Walrus Rainbow magic.

It's the only logical explanation.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37941 on: June 09, 2014, 10:22:43 am »

Goddamn fuck shit Youtube. How fucking hard is it to autoplay through my favourites? It's just 400~ entries, what's so damned hard about it? Fuck, you worked fine just before but now suddenly you can't go past 200 videos? I just want to listen to my music, goddamn it.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37942 on: June 09, 2014, 11:15:47 am »

Blegh, there's a wrench thrown into my attempts to get legal counsel. My stepaunt was supposed to talk to her lawyer for me, but now she's too busy dealing with some crap about her quadraplegic nephew(my stepdad's son) started by the nursing home. Supposed to be getting a number to some nonprofit law group, though.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37943 on: June 09, 2014, 06:13:15 pm »

Trying to draw dialogue sprites for fire emblem. They all look like mutants. Aargh.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #37944 on: June 09, 2014, 06:25:24 pm »

Trying to draw dialogue sprites for fire emblem. They all look like mutants. Aargh.
There're those tiny pictures of the FE character in question (which look like miniaturized versions of their portraits coupled with simple smiley versions of the eyes and mouth) if you'd check. :3

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37945 on: June 09, 2014, 08:18:13 pm »

Got my Cryptic accout finally linked to a new "Perfect World/Arc" account (god, I hate MMO acquisitions and all the hoopery it entails). Promptly forgot password for my PWE account. Spent 10 minutes looking for a link to reset the password.

Been 20 minutes now, and still no email to reset my password with. #FirstWorldRage

EDIT: Just tried one more time with one of my oldest, least secure standard passwords....and it works. #FirstWorldShame
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 08:22:19 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #37946 on: June 10, 2014, 05:58:08 am »

Got my Cryptic accout finally linked to a new "Perfect World/Arc" account (god, I hate MMO acquisitions and all the hoopery it entails). Promptly forgot password for my PWE account. Spent 10 minutes looking for a link to reset the password.

Been 20 minutes now, and still no email to reset my password with. #FirstWorldRage

EDIT: Just tried one more time with one of my oldest, least secure standard passwords....and it works. #FirstWorldShame

Yeah that Arc shit was a bitch, I had to uninstall STO that I downloaded from the actual site then download it from Arc to get it to work. Stupid MMO bullshit. I spent 600 dollars on their games and I barely ever play STO, let alone Champions :(...I feel stupid.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37947 on: June 10, 2014, 06:01:32 am »

I don't think Arc is required to play "Star Trek Online" if you got it through Steam. I pretty sure I haven't had to make an account with Arc, just used my pre-existing account from "Perfect World".
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #37948 on: June 10, 2014, 06:03:15 am »

I don't think Arc is required to play "Star Trek Online" if you got it through Steam. I pretty sure I haven't had to make an account with Arc, just used my pre-existing account from "Perfect World".

I got it from the STO website, not steam, so for some reason that borked Arc up hard enough that neither one worked. So I had to uninstall STO and then get it again through Arc.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37949 on: June 10, 2014, 06:06:34 am »

Ah, yeah. From my readings the Arc thing seemed a rather sudden and not wholly thought out process. Hasn't "Star Trek Online" changed hands about 3 times in it's lifespan?

Pages: 1 ... 2528 2529 [2530] 2531 2532 ... 3345