Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 104

Author Topic: SoundSense: a sound engine for dwarf fortress.  (Read 556059 times)

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SoundSense: a sound engine for dwarf fortress.
« Reply #765 on: May 27, 2012, 07:11:08 am »

Hey I followed all the downloading steps and soundsense is still not working, how do I go about uninstalling soundsense so I can have the original soundtack back?
Question unanswered bump.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: May 27, 2012, 11:05:13 am »

Reporting a (very) minor bug.  Using the soundpack update with customized files (I deleted the folders I wanted to update to get fresh ones while leaving my customized folders alone) confuses the % done bar something awful.  The whole time it was saying it was 198% complete and that it would take -17 hours to complete.  :D

It updated properly, so probably no big deal of course.  Just cosmetic.

Hey I followed all the downloading steps and soundsense is still not working, how do I go about uninstalling soundsense so I can have the original soundtack back?

I don't think soundsense uses an installer.  It just places the files in a folder, and removal is just a matter of shift-deleting that folder.  Though any files that ever got overwritten are already gone.    I'm not sure I understand though, soundsense dosn't work with the new packs but worked with the old?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 11:07:48 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: May 27, 2012, 11:09:24 am »

I don't think soundsense uses an installer.  It just places the files in a folder, and removal is just a matter of shift-deleting that folder.  Though any files that ever got overwritten are already gone.    I'm not sure I understand though, soundsense dosn't work with the new packs but worked with the old?
Sorry this appeared to be a problem related to Phobeus pre-installed DF, rather than SS.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: May 27, 2012, 08:36:37 pm »

I've got Phoebus DF 34.09 and it's fine.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: May 27, 2012, 08:49:32 pm »

I've got Phoebus DF 34.09 and it's fine.
Teh sound was just turned off in the init, tbh I'd never used that option before so I thought something had to be wron.

MOK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: June 02, 2012, 02:41:03 am »

Howdy!

Today I loaded up DF, and then executed soundsense, and unlike the prior day, it doesn't play music.  I get SFX, but I don't see anything listed in the Channel section(thats for music, right?).
Any ideas on how to get music back?

Also, the last time I played DF was about a year ago.  I noticed there's a track not playing any longer which I absolutely loved.  Wondering how I can track that one down, or add extend the music selection with a pack?  Last year, I played via the LazyNewbPack, but I'm not currently.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: June 02, 2012, 02:48:32 am »

It doesn't usually load a music file until it's read a gamelog that triggers one, like entering Adventure Mode or a season change.

MOK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: June 02, 2012, 02:56:54 am »

Played through a year, so it's had plenty of opportunity.  Lots of SFX, season-change recordings, but no seasonal music.

MOK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: June 02, 2012, 03:31:19 am »

... Correction, I played through ALMOST a year.  Come spring, two to three seasons later, the music started.
*shrug*

But I'd still like to know if I can track down the old music.  Perhaps it came bundled within the LNP?  I'll see if I can swap out that installation's folder with the current one...

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #774 on: June 02, 2012, 07:59:31 pm »

Um. I edited the XML to use songs I provided, but SoundSense is stubbornly trying to stick to the old songs, no matter what I try. What do?
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: June 02, 2012, 08:26:20 pm »

That's odd, I have custom songs on mine and they work fine.  Once I had a mp3 file that wouldn't play, but I found out later it had a corrupted header or something and that was the cause.

It's unlikely but clearly possible, does it work with any other music files?  Does the music show up in the list of files or no?  Also if not it could be that there is a typo or something.  It is really easy to miss a closing bracket or quote with those.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #776 on: June 02, 2012, 11:00:03 pm »

No, what I mean is that despite the XML file not having the original songs' names in them at all anymore, it's still playing them instead of the custom songs whose names ARE in the file.
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

slaytanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my DFFD pack
« Reply #777 on: June 02, 2012, 11:40:27 pm »

I just started using it with the new DF release. So I'm pretty sure everything is up to date. Sometimes it plays music and sometimes it doesn't. When the season changes music will start to play  *sometimes*
So let me get this straight....We are talking monkeys living on a dirt ball that circles a fireball ? WTF ?

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: June 03, 2012, 07:31:58 pm »

There is a new baby.  Quick!  Get him a bottle of ale.

This might be improved upon.  Not sure if its possible, but can soundsense detect sexes(girl and boy).  If not maybe word it.. as all baby's are certainly not always male.

There is a new baby.  Quick!  Get a bottle of ale.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: June 04, 2012, 04:08:19 am »

While it probably is "Get him a bottle of ale", I usually think of it "Get 'im a bottle of ale", as in a provincial pronunciation of 'em'.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 104