Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: World Viewer - Supports Mods + Graphical Map! (8/12)  (Read 67017 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World Viewer - Supports Mods + Graphical Map! (8/2)
« Reply #150 on: August 05, 2010, 01:53:57 am »

I keep getting run-time error 14 "out of string space"

it is with a rather large XML file and I assume that is the issue...
also getting runtime error 9 (subscript error of some sort...forgot)

I am using Deons genesis medium region with 1000 years of gen...not sure why its not working...worked ok before I upgraded

First XML was over 800MB (one that gave error 14) and one that gave error 9 was roughly 500MB
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 03:40:53 am by dennislp3 »

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 05, 2010, 04:38:47 am »

Posting to follow, but also to say that this is awesome.

This is awesome.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 05, 2010, 09:22:16 am »

I just downloaded world viewer from the link on the first page of this thread, exported everything from my world, and ran it.

I get the error "Run Time Error '5': Invalid Procedure Call or Argument" when the parsing reaches 22%.

My XML is a puny 105MB. Do you have any ideas?

I edited my previous upload here with two problematic worlds. Region 4 exhibits the quoted behavior, where I'm uncertain what the cause is. Region 3 is a pocket world genned to year 10000, and it evidently has too many leaders in the first civilization, as I get an Overflow error when I don't pare down that list.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 05, 2010, 09:51:22 am »

I just downloaded world viewer from the link on the first page of this thread, exported everything from my world, and ran it.

I get the error "Run Time Error '5': Invalid Procedure Call or Argument" when the parsing reaches 22%.

My XML is a puny 105MB. Do you have any ideas?

I edited my previous upload here with two problematic worlds. Region 4 exhibits the quoted behavior, where I'm uncertain what the cause is. Region 3 is a pocket world genned to year 10000, and it evidently has too many leaders in the first civilization, as I get an Overflow error when I don't pare down that list.

On Region 3 you were right.  Integer --> Long

V2.2.1
  • Fixed the above problem.
  • Map now circles sites with civ-color instead of red squares

It's a pretty cool world, shame only one civ lived for any real length of time.  Though there was a 17 generation dynasty, which is cool.

One thing I haven't done is put is cause of death under the leaders tab.  Though this gave me the idea to get that set.  Although your great PulleyTouched dynasty (7212-7960) was finally ended because Thikut Waxchamber never married, and died without children at the ripe old age of 169.  I assume this was of old age.  But I'll find out after I make my change.  Good edge-case world though.  Thanks.

I've tried a few times to rewrite the xml parsing to use less memory (a cause for MANY of the problems here), but it's slow going.  It'll happen though, probably around when toady adds entity populations and screws it all up anyway ;).

Edit - Fixed a bug with hist figs dieing of old age (recently introduced)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 12:55:06 pm by Mason11987 »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 05, 2010, 01:27:41 pm »

Very nice tool.  I used it previously with an old version and it loaded the world fine after apperantly skipping a few entries, (windows calls that version 1.11.0.0 in the details box)  but with the most recent version (2.2.1) it comes up with 2 errors while loading.

"Error: Site twice reclaimed"  Which does not appear to be a fatal error because it continues for a bit afterward, and

"Run time error '6' Overflow" Which immediately exits the program.

Notes:
It does say the xml is very large at the start, and from what I'm seeing that appears to be a recurring issue.  The world is modded with 2 extra civs, Dracon and an extra dwarf civ. Worldgen ends at year 500.  And the world is being played currently but the files were all generated while the world was fresh if that matters.

Thinking you may be aware of this, but posting just in case.  If you want the relevant files just give me a hollar and tell me how ya want them.

P.S. The .xml is 156 mb
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 01:36:04 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 05, 2010, 01:43:23 pm »

Very nice tool.  I used it previously with an old version and it loaded the world fine after apperantly skipping a few entries, (windows calls that version 1.11.0.0 in the details box)  but with the most recent version (2.2.1) it comes up with 2 errors while loading.

"Error: Site twice reclaimed"  Which does not appear to be a fatal error because it continues for a bit afterward, and

"Run time error '6' Overflow" Which immediately exits the program.

Notes:
It does say the xml is very large at the start, and from what I'm seeing that appears to be a recurring issue.  The world is modded with 2 extra civs, Dracon and an extra dwarf civ. Worldgen ends at year 500.  And the world is being played currently but the files were all generated while the world was fresh if that matters.

Thinking you may be aware of this, but posting just in case.  If you want the relevant files just give me a hollar and tell me how ya want them.

P.S. The .xml is 156 mb

Yeah, early on I completely ignored events.  Since they are almost all of the xml file that addition broke some of the larger ones. I'm keeping a note of everyone who recently posted their XML being large and it breaking, I'll send you a PM when I expect that problem to be fixed if you wouldn't mind testing.

I had assumed a site could be reclaimed twice but I hadn't actually accounted for it (same with twice captured), so I put that note in to see if it happens, and also to let you know the history of the site isn't completely correct under those circumstances (in the sites tab).

If you don't mind, could you tell me what it shows in the titlebar when it overflows (text + percents)?  That's probably NOT the same failure I'm working on right now though, especially if you see the site twice reclaimed error first.

After, I might put some debug stuff in a version for you so you don't have to upload 156MB for me to get something useful.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 05, 2010, 01:52:23 pm »

Ha seems it loads the xml ok now that I see that top bar has useful information. Or at least the first pass or whatever that is. :)

Parsing World - Get Event Data (82%) - (651325) (55%) is where the overflow happens.

Parsing World - Get Event Data (82%) - (651325) (06%) is where the Site twice reclaimed happens just for completeness.

And yea, I'll be happy to test.  I like poking around worldgen, so I'd be glad to help in any way I can.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 01:55:32 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 05, 2010, 02:09:13 pm »

Ha seems it loads the xml ok now that I see that top bar has useful information. Or at least the first pass or whatever that is. :)

Parsing World - Get Event Data (82%) - (651325) (55%) is where the overflow happens.

Parsing World - Get Event Data (82%) - (651325) (06%) is where the Site twice reclaimed happens just for completeness.

And yea, I'll be happy to test.  I like poking around worldgen, so I'd be glad to help in any way I can.

V2.2.2
  • Put in some temporary debugging (Greiger, try this and paste what you get)
  • Linked Leaders to their listing as historical figures (I'm not sure if I like this, but for the time being it works okay).  Although some aren't linked because of this bug.
  • You can now see how your leaders died (if they're linked, and they died)

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 05, 2010, 02:16:50 pm »

You should create a logfile for the parsing process. I guess it would help with debugging if you could know which function goes Bogus.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 05, 2010, 02:18:46 pm »

You should create a logfile for the parsing process. I guess it would help with debugging if you could know which function goes Bogus.

I agree, It's in the works ;)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 05, 2010, 02:29:45 pm »

Alrighty I get

"Error: Site twice reclaimed" at Parsing World - Get Event Data (82%) - (651325) (06%)
and

"Error in get event info. Error: Overflow
Event data(auto-saved to clipboard)
<historical_event>
  <id>361043</id>
  <year>293</year>
  <seconds72>-1</seconds72>
  <type>hf died</type>
  <hfid>27672</hfid>
  <slayer_hfid>34497</slayer_hfid>
  <slayer_item_id>-1</slayer_item_id>
  <slayer_shooter_item_id>-1</slayer_shooter_item_id>
  <site_id>-1</site_id>
  <subregion_id>557</subregion_id>
  <feature_layer_id>-1</feature_layer_id>
  <cause>struck</cause>
</historical_event>"

It also appears that auto-save to clipboard doesn't quite work.  Maybe because my clipboard already has something in it.  I copied it exactly as it appeared I believe though.

EDIT: I origonally put 1 for seconds72.  it is actually -1 sorry
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 02:33:57 pm by Greiger »

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 05, 2010, 03:00:39 pm »

It also appears that auto-save to clipboard doesn't quite work.  Maybe because my clipboard already has something in it.  I copied it exactly as it appeared I believe though.

Yeah, it will now clear your clipboard. 

V2.2.3
I found the problem though.  Give it another attempt. 
The logfile mentioned by Heph is made now but it's still empty :P.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 03:07:36 pm by Mason11987 »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 05, 2010, 03:32:13 pm »

Sorry bout the delay, went to make some lunch.

Uh oh...new problem.

Now it's getting overflows repeatedly.  All on hf abductions.  Judging from the data it outputs in the errors they are all different abductions.  But there was no end in sight so I had to kill the process.  Which seems to have killed the clipboard data as well.  I'll transcribe one of them for you, but from a cursory glance it seems it's just the act of abductions screwing it up now.

First one: at 58% of event processing.
<historical_event>
      <id>383809</id>
      <year>309</year>
      <type>hf abducted</type>
      <target_hfid>36374</target_hfid>
      <snatcher_hfid>34649</snatcher_hfid>
      <site_id>92</site_id>
      <subregion_id>-1</subregion_id>
   </historical_event>

Something like 50 clicks of the OK button later: 65%
<historical_event>
      <id>425765</id>
      <year>339</year>
      <type>hf abducted</type>
      <target_hfid>39692</target_hfid>
      <snatcher_hfid>36728</snatcher_hfid>
      <site_id>105</site_id>
      <subregion_id>-1</subregion_id>
   </historical_event>

Seems to me it's having trouble with every single abduction after a certain point.  Maybe my world is screwy... clipboard seems to work though if I paste before killing the process.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 03:38:45 pm by Greiger »

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 05, 2010, 03:43:50 pm »

<snip>
Seems to me it's having trouble with every single abduction after a certain point.  Maybe my world is screwy... clipboard seems to work though if I paste before killing the process.

Yup, any historical figure above 32767 (2^15-1, this is the largest that can be stored as an integer).  That limit should now be fixed.

Another try please :)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 05, 2010, 03:54:37 pm »

Made it to 72% this time. Getting closer heh.

<historical_event>
      <id>468460</id>
      <year>370</year>
      <type>hf died</type>
      <hfid>41505</hfid>
      <slayer_hfid>1981</slayer_hfid>
      <slayer_item_id>-1</slayer_item_id>
      <slayer_shooter_item_id>-1</slayer_shooter_item_id>
      <site_id>-1</site_id>
      <subregion_id>87</subregion_id>
      <cause>struck</cause>
   </historical_event>

Same as last time, repeats with varying numbers repeatedly after the first one.  the id field actually does skip a few numbers near the beginning though.  And like last time the <type> entry are all the same thing, except this time instead of abductions they are all deaths.

I guess I have an inordinately large number of events or something?  It's only a medium world..
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18