Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1501212 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #2970 on: February 26, 2012, 12:06:17 pm »

To Fisherman
Yes a tigerfish somehow managed to get into the cistern.  And since you are also military I see that you took it upon yourself to use your skills to remove the fish.

I would have preferred you to use your fishing skills and not your military skills to defeat the aquatic menace.  Jumping into the well and sinking to the bottom of the cistern like a particularly dumb brick was not the proper combat maneuver for this situation.  At least you killed the damn thing.

I'm only retrieving your corpse because of the armor it is wrapped in, I would appreciate it if you would keep it all from washing down the drain.

The Administration.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Dalkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: February 26, 2012, 12:21:05 pm »

Dear UristMcCrossbowman,
Why, oh why, did you decide to randomly shoot at a grizzly bear that walked by, even though it was ignoring our settlers? Especially on an evil biome. As far as I'm concerned you deserved to be chased around by a zombie bear with big hole in its head until you fainted from exhaustion. Please take more consideration in choosing your manner of death next time. Also, you're not welcome back into the compound due to you being a shambling corpse with no head.
The Overseer

Muffindog

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #2972 on: February 26, 2012, 05:44:00 pm »

Dear Urist McWidow,
I am very sorry for your loss. I understand that you're most distressed by zombie invasion that has taken most of your fort, and even more by the fact that your husband's reanimated arm is trying to murder you, but please swing that candy pick of yours without wimping out! It was given to you for a situation like this.

Regards, your overseer.

Dear zombies,
Please just eat my brain like you're supposed to and stop beating me to death with a shoe.

Thanks in advance, Urist McVictim

Dear dwarves of Stockadehide,
You didn't check the back door.
The undead.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: February 26, 2012, 06:59:36 pm »

Dear Urist McOnlyWeaponandArmorsmithina100dwarffortress,

Thank you for being possessed for your strange mood. Thank you for choosing the only type of cloth I don't have as a secondary material. Thank you for going mad. And most of all, thank you for doing this for an artifact with adamantite as the base material.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: February 26, 2012, 07:09:08 pm »

Dear Super Heroes

I know you all feel invincible with your powers, like nothing else can defeat you, but you sure as hell do a good job of defeating yourselves. I'm talking to you, McFireblaster, that wagon had all the supplies in it. Yes, I'm sure the camel was very evil but did you have to destroy all our supplies? You also hit our farmer and our miner (who has super speed), and I'm not sure they'll make it. From now on, no powers, just weapons, okay?

-Your eternally bemused overseer
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: February 26, 2012, 07:27:20 pm »

Dear Huntresses,

I don't know what you gals are doing when you all pile up in behind a bush no where near any animals, I don't want to know, you can have your little "What I'm praying was an impromtu tea-party" after you bag some animals.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: February 26, 2012, 07:53:09 pm »

To my most esteemed business partners,

Thank you for your services. I hope that our adventuring contract will bring us much prosperity. But would you be so kind as to take a hint, and be stealthy when I sneak? Sneaking up on the beast in it's lair is most difficult when you charge it on sight, blowing my cover.

-Urist McAdventurer

Crioca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: February 26, 2012, 09:48:47 pm »

Dear Urist McFortressOverseer

I AM IN YOUR BASE!

I AM EATING YOUR DWARVENS!

Signed;
 - Urist McVampire

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: February 26, 2012, 09:52:39 pm »

Thank you for your services. I hope that our adventuring contract will bring us much prosperity. But would you be so kind as to take a hint, and be stealthy when I sneak? Sneaking up on the beast in it's lair is most difficult when you charge it on sight, blowing my cover.

-Urist McAdventurer

WHAT?  CAN YOU SPEAK UP A BIT?  We can't hear you, Urist. 

Huh, that group of goblins seem to be coming towards us.  Wonder what caught their attention?...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: February 26, 2012, 09:57:10 pm »

-Urist McAdventurer

Huh, that group of goblins seem to be coming towards us.  Wonder what caught their attention?...

HALT IN THE NAME OF THE WRETCHED TABLES!

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: February 26, 2012, 10:21:38 pm »

Dear Urist McFortressOverseer

I AM IN YOUR BASE!

I AM EATING YOUR DWARVENS!

Signed;
 - Urist McVampire

You have been assigned the fabulous job of bridge keeper, you are to report to the underside of the closest drawbridge immediately.

signed:
 - overseer
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: February 27, 2012, 11:45:13 am »

Dear Caverns,
Where are you? I've dug down 41 z-levels so far and haven't found anything. I'm kinda on a glacier and therefore some cavern wood would be nice.

Dear GWG,
Aye, us miners been down here diggin fer so long, a little "cavern wood" would be a nice change o pace, if'n ye knows what we mean.

Yrs
Some lonely miners
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: February 27, 2012, 11:59:59 am »

Dear Mountainhomes,

Really, 80 "dabbling" farmers (with children) are enough. Please send somebody with a usefull skill for a change, preferably a miner.

Please?

Pretty please with sugar on top?

Your Humble Servant,
Sus, (despairing) Fortress Dabbling Farmer Refugee Camp Overseer

And lo and behold: the very next migrant wave brings the answer to my prayers.

> Udil Lolocatten, Miner
> Novice Miner

... I C wut U did thar.

NOT. AMUSED.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: February 27, 2012, 12:08:27 pm »

-Urist McAdventurer

Oh, hello there Elan.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: February 27, 2012, 12:15:13 pm »

Dear Super Heroes

I know you all feel invincible with your powers, like nothing else can defeat you, but you sure as hell do a good job of defeating yourselves. I'm talking to you, McFireblaster, that wagon had all the supplies in it. Yes, I'm sure the camel was very evil but did you have to destroy all our supplies? You also hit our farmer and our miner (who has super speed), and I'm not sure they'll make it. From now on, no powers, just weapons, okay?

-Your eternally bemused overseer

Dear overseer,

We did warn you that investigations regarding supers with firebreath or firethrowing have consistently shown  them to be a bad choice to let anywhere near anything that is not fire-proof, and this includes other people. The same holds true for dragons and anything else with fire, we can not imagine why you thought it would be different this time.

signed
Secretary of the Guild of Superpowered Beings
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 504