Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1501201 times)

llasram

• Bay Watcher
  • raising the dead since 1103
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #3195 on: March 29, 2012, 10:57:37 pm »

Dear Urist McMinerslashsoldier,
I find it well that you need to sleep in your box of a bedroom, but please, dont do it when you have been told to explore the adamantium spire, it is delaying the entire fort from having a visit from the circus.
                                      Yours truly,
                                        The Uncaring Overlord
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 09:56:17 pm by llasram »
Friendship is magic
Necromancy is magic
∴Necromancy is Friendship.
Don't worry -- it still makes no sense whatsoever.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: March 29, 2012, 11:01:12 pm »

Dear worldgen

Can I just have a nice exposed caldera please? Your volcanos almost always needing to be sheer cliffs are leaving little room to move and this is making my animals kill eachother and a water buffalo just killed a medic.

Thank you.
Annoyed player.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: March 29, 2012, 11:06:25 pm »

Dear Urist McDesignatedDriver,

Nice job landing the wagon on top of that 1x1 spike of dirt, destroying it in the process.
I wonder, though, why you took your time after the wagon crash to build a towering pile of the surviving supplies (not that there were many) on top of said dirt spike.
Also, where's all the wood that used to be, you know, the actual wagon? >:(

-'Sus' Fikodast, your (miraculously still living, considering the way you drive) Overseer
Tha wood be in splinters all around, sir! Anyhoo, don' blame me, tis the fault of the flock o' tame birds that dropped the wagon here! Ev'ryone knows that that's how tha wagons git placed!
Sincer'ly,
Urist McBirdHandler.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: March 30, 2012, 07:05:53 pm »

Dear Urist McLegendaryEngraver,

Yeah, sure. You may of made a masterpiece while engraving a noble's room, but does it really have to be an elf tearing off a dwarf's ear? I mean, seriously.

Sincerely,
The Overseer
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

MenacesWithSpikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: March 31, 2012, 06:34:06 am »

Dear Urist McIExpectYouToClean,

When I turn off all your labors except Cleaning and stick you in a burrow named "Contamination," that means I expect you to clean.  See all that blood all over the main corridor on Z-level -1?  That's from our brave soldiers who recently defeated the flying Forgotten Beast with the poisonous vapors.  If anyone steps in that, their feet will start to rot off and bleed everywhere, which of course spreads the infection even more.  You may have also noted the dogs and cats who have recently exploded.  Our surgeons are overwhelmed.  Now get to work.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 06:36:03 am by MenacesWithSpikes »
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Leave anything to chance, eventually the RNG will roll a 1 and everything will erupt in a fountain of magma and vomit.

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: March 31, 2012, 09:20:43 am »

Dear Urist McIExpectYouToClean,

When I turn off all your labors except Cleaning and stick you in a burrow named "Contamination," that means I expect you to clean.  See all that blood all over the main corridor on Z-level -1?  That's from our brave soldiers who recently defeated the flying Forgotten Beast with the poisonous vapors.  If anyone steps in that, their feet will start to rot off and bleed everywhere, which of course spreads the infection even more.  You may have also noted the dogs and cats who have recently exploded.  Our surgeons are overwhelmed.  Now get to work.

Dear Overseer,

I'm not touching that yucky stuff. Just flood it with magma. Don't forget to unburrow me though!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: March 31, 2012, 02:21:48 pm »

Dear Neros the Forgotten Beast

Thank you for committing clownslaughter! Didn't think one solid steel dust-spewing giant monster could take them all, but you did. Now please please don't come into my fort through the pumpstack
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: April 01, 2012, 02:18:56 pm »

Dear fortress:

I know the zombies are scary. I know they will eat your flesh. BUT. There is NO excuse for not walling off the outside food supply WHICH FED THE ENTIRE GODDAMN FORTRESS. Oh, great, now your starved comrades are rising from the dead. If this letter gets to you before you all happen to off yourselves in moronc yet entertaining ways, abandon and come back to the mountainhomes.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Signed, your very, very pissed off overseer.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: April 01, 2012, 03:13:10 pm »

DearUristMcArtifactMan

I appreciate your works in the art, creating dozens of artifacts, but FOR ONCE, CAN YOU MAKE SOMETHING USEFUL. IM TIRED OF YOUR LARGE GEMS. NOW GO CRANK OUT A ADAMANITE MASTERWORK LONGSWORD.

Sincerely, Extremely pissed overseer
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

mr_seeker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: April 01, 2012, 08:25:36 pm »

Dear Captain of the Guard,

I gave you a crossbow with the soul purpose of beating people. Killing a guy by shooting him in the head is not part of a "beating". I know that he was throwing stuff at you, but now we have 3 little kids randomly throwing tantrums all over the place... - The Mayor

Dear Mc Dwarves,

When throwing tantrums, please avoid the Captain of the Guard. He was just recently promoted to "Elite Marksman" after shooting Urist Mc. Anger in the head during his tantrum, killing him on the spot. - The Mayor.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: April 01, 2012, 08:31:19 pm »

Dear Elves

You are terminally stupid. Whose bright idea was it, that when preparing the cavalry, rejected Grizzly Bears, Giant Eagles, and Elephants in favor of Giant Sponges?

Dear Giant Sponges

How the hell can you possibly be "enraged" or even attack in the first place? You have no brain, no mind, no consciousness, nor even the ability to move, yet you get enraged and attempt to charge my citizens to savagely push them to death! At least, you're supposed to be immobile. I've seen you dodge out of the way of attacks before. It may be the only way you can move, but you shouldn't have ANY means of locomotion unless someone picks you up.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: April 01, 2012, 09:30:14 pm »

Dear Militia,

While I certainly appreciate your can-do spirit and confidence, trying to punch elephants to death is really not practical in any way.
Might I suggest you try using some of the finely crafted steel battle axes and silver war hammers we have in our stockpiles instead?

- Sus, Your Nonplussed Overlord.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Captain Crazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: April 01, 2012, 09:56:17 pm »

Dear Elves

You are terminally stupid. Whose bright idea was it, that when preparing the cavalry, rejected Grizzly Bears, Giant Eagles, and Elephants in favor of Giant Sponges?

Dear Giant Sponges

How the hell can you possibly be "enraged" or even attack in the first place? You have no brain, no mind, no consciousness, nor even the ability to move, yet you get enraged and attempt to charge my citizens to savagely push them to death! At least, you're supposed to be immobile. I've seen you dodge out of the way of attacks before. It may be the only way you can move, but you shouldn't have ANY means of locomotion unless someone picks you up.

deer ov er seer

i am giant sponge. we have met. i dodge because i hate. i push because i hate. i have no brain. but i hate. i hate all.

i hate all. aminals, i hate. gophers, i hate. dwarfs, i hate hate hate. i push them. i PUSH them. until they dont b reathe anymore. they cut me. i dont feel their sticks. i dont need to feel. i dont need brain.

yours truly
giant sponge
I usually think of Armok as the pure essence of FUCK YOU!

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: April 01, 2012, 11:20:07 pm »

Dear Elves

Dear Giant Sponges

deer ov er seer

i am giant sponge. we have met. i dodge because i hate. i push because i hate. i have no brain. but i hate. i hate all.

i hate all. aminals, i hate. gophers, i hate. dwarfs, i hate hate hate. i push them. i PUSH them. until they dont b reathe anymore. they cut me. i dont feel their sticks. i dont need to feel. i dont need brain.

yours truly
giant sponge

Can't sleep or the sponge will push me...

I liked sponges better before they learned to be assertive. Now they push themselves into everything!
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Maso

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: April 02, 2012, 12:38:24 am »

Dear UristMcFriendtoAllWoodlandCritters

Despite how nice a stroll in the forest picking berries sounds, it can be pretty dangerous as well. You also shouldn't mess with the critters no matter how cute they are, lest a swarm of giant badgers decide to maul your feet off and leave you for dead. You should be very grateful to our brave captain who dragged your screaming (but not quite kicking, heh) butt home and was totally not ordered to locate and drag you back due to you being the only brewery worker in our tiny fledgling fort. We don't have any qualified doctors, so we had the blacksmith put ya back together since he's good at fixing stuff. Sorry (not really) if he was a bit rough.

Your friend the carpenter also handcrafted some lovely crutches as a get-well soon present. And by get well soon, I mean right now. We're getting low on the booze stocks. Just cause you don't have any feet, doesn't mean you're gonna be a freeloader.
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 504