Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress Overseer 0.70.1 - !Open Source! 3D Visualizer - 31.25-34.11 Support  (Read 367069 times)

Ghostbird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got this error when I was using the models from the tarball. I use the models that thewonderidiot put up separately. They are rotated the wrong way, but they allow Overseer to run.

EDIT: On another note. I realised Overseer bogs down to about 1 FPS after about 2 minutes of flying the camera around. However releasing (right-click) and then re-grabbing (left-click) the camera immediately resets that process. So quickly releasing and re-grabbing every minute makes Overseer quite a bit more usable. It would be better to find the source of the problem, but as a workaround, a script could quickly release and re-grab the camera every minute.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 09:45:33 am by Ghostbird »

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whaaaaaaaaaaat? Nothing changes on right click other than a boolean that controls whether to processes input. No cleaning goes on on my part. I'll have to look into what OSG is getting itself into there....

Ghostbird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I also assumed that it was OSG, that's why I proposed the workaround.

EDIT: Actually I just realised that the stairs are rotated 90 degrees instead of upside down. I was looking at the wrong axis. You can fix them by turning them 180 degrees as well, but then the direction of the stairs will have changed. From the lower left, to the upper right to the other way around (or vice versa, depending on your point of view)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 08:08:00 am by Ghostbird »

NieXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • NieXS' Domain

Linux version is here!

Nobody has updated Memory.xml for 31.16 linux yet, so you'll need to use 31.14 or earlier. Peterix is going to be working on it though so keep an eye out.

I think I've included everything you need. If not it'll be library issues that you can get by installing the right packages.

The version of OSG that I got on my linux is missing matrix functions, and as a result the skybox isn't working yet. Additionally, since I was using the builtin windows save file dialog for export, and such a thing doesn't exist in Linux, export won't work yet either. I'll probably put in a Qt dialog eventually.
Can you use a GTK+ dialog? Pretty please?

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile

Hi Thewonderidiot, can you give an update on how adding liquids is going?  (Not asking in a wahhhhh-hurry-it-up kinda way, just curious)
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile

This throws a "DFhack memory access denied" message at me.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can you use a GTK+ dialog? Pretty please?
Can I ask why? I don't know GTK+ and most of the popular cross platform tools seem to be written in Qt... and in my experience the library programs are written in doesn't affect the windowing environment.

Hi Thewonderidiot, can you give an update on how adding liquids is going?  (Not asking in a wahhhhh-hurry-it-up kinda way, just curious)
The basic mesh for the liquids is being generated (there's some rough spots around the edges, in midair, and at 'walls' of water). I'm working on the full deal of reflection/refraction, so right now I'm working on a 'pool' detector that will prerender cubemaps as seen from the center of every small body and at regular intervals in larger bodies. Once that's done, the shaders will be pretty simple to write.

I assume you're talking about the Linux version? Make sure you ran the commands on the download page.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile

I assume you're talking about the Linux version? Make sure you ran the commands on the download page.

I use windows.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, well... I'm going to need a bit more info to diagnose your problem.

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile

The basic mesh for the liquids is being generated (there's some rough spots around the edges, in midair, and at 'walls' of water). I'm working on the full deal of reflection/refraction, so right now I'm working on a 'pool' detector that will prerender cubemaps as seen from the center of every small body and at regular intervals in larger bodies. Once that's done, the shaders will be pretty simple to write.

:o  Dude, you're not screwing around. 
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

Tuxman

• Bay Watcher
  • Forever GM
    • View Profile

Is it possible to blend the tiles. I see the grass tiles right next to the stone tiles, and it makes no sense. It wouldn't be like that in real life. Likewise, the rainbow mountains are a little odd as well.

I just want to know if its possible to blend tiles together in their display. the ground would look much better, as would mountains.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 04:48:39 pm by Tuxman »
Meowth! That's right!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile

Okay, well... I'm going to need a bit more info to diagnose your problem.

Turned out to be corrupted dlls.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Is it possible to blend the tiles. I see the grass tiles right next to the stone tiles, and it makes no sense. It wouldn't be like that in real life. Likewise, the rainbow mountains are a little odd as well.

I just want to know if its possible to blend tiles together in their display. the ground would look much better, as would mountains.

it's possible, but difficult, and some blending is easier than others

grass, for example, can be blended with relative ease, since there's only a few options: dry grass, dark green grass, light green grass, and no grass

but things like stones, those are more complicated.

bowdown2q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Overseer v0.27 Visualizer/Exporter - see pg9 for a 31.16 Memory.xml
« Reply #193 on: November 15, 2010, 02:09:54 am »

I assume we're waiting on the DFHack libraries to update before this will? At any rate, posting to follow the topic; this looks pretty awesome.

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Overseer v0.27 Visualizer/Exporter - see pg9 for a 31.16 Memory.xml
« Reply #194 on: November 17, 2010, 12:46:30 pm »

I assume we're waiting on the DFHack libraries to update before this will? At any rate, posting to follow the topic; this looks pretty awesome.
The libraries shouldn't need updating, just the Memory.xml. The one here: https://github.com/peterix/dfhack/raw/master/data/Memory-ng.xml is updated as peterix finishes changes; it may work now, there's a 31.18 entry.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 53