Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 919 920 [921] 922 923 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2031663 times)

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #13800 on: September 28, 2018, 07:45:29 am »

Honestly, I'm kinda worried about the lack of the release date: I hope it won't turn into Bannerlord problem/thingy.

lol. 0% chance of that.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #13801 on: September 28, 2018, 08:52:02 am »

The Chronicles of Adelais.

Second Wife to the first king.
Betrothed to his grandson after his death.
Lover to the second king.
Had a long productive marriage with the third.

All of those unions produced a child. This game can get pretty weird fast.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13802 on: September 28, 2018, 10:43:36 am »

I'm almost sad about Hellenism, purely because it was funny to talk to people who seemed to believe with all of their heart that Hellenism was the thing CK2 needed. At least they didn't make that one province Hellenic.

On the positive side, they have added Roman Culture! That's good to hear, I hope it has cultural buildings and retinues.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #13803 on: September 28, 2018, 10:49:03 am »

Seems like a lot of this DLC is official integration of stuff the mod community conjured up.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13804 on: September 28, 2018, 01:12:50 pm »

So now modders can mod new things for official commercial integration!

After generously donating their old ideas and publicly accessible code, oc.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13805 on: September 29, 2018, 03:19:38 am »

I have been playing a norse game, which went successfully enough that I started painting the map. Now nobody can stand me, and despite my rule of keeping gavelkind and spawning as many children as possible, it is quite stable.
But, I had in mind to grow until satisfied, then release the vassal kingdoms, and import the result in EU4.

At this time I almost conquered all my targets (egypt, anatolia, crimea, scandinavia and everything west of that. It is almost 1220, so I am keeping everyone together to handle mongols.
So now the question is, how do I handle the dissolution of the empire most gracefully? How to best solve border gore? shall I go tyrannical and revoking (which is hard, because sometimes the problem is a count, vassal of duke, vassal of king, and the duke has holdings all across the map), or shall I release kingdoms one at a time, and use de jure war to make things look nice?

Also: should I buy sunset invasion, in order to have some new interesting opponents in EU?

edit: Also, how to stop secret society? they are corrupting my realms, with many of my vassal kings adopting foreign religions.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 05:54:41 am by andrea »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13806 on: September 29, 2018, 06:25:34 am »

Inquisitor your land.

Erm, the 5 and newest chaplain option.

Aztecs are gimmicks, imo.  Mongols of the west.  Their empire ai is garbage, and they get their aggro kneecapped if they show up before 1200.

Still they are stong, and will take land.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 06:27:31 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13807 on: September 29, 2018, 06:26:18 am »

Can you even implement sunset invasion into a save? I thought you'd have to have it active from the start. But then, I am not very experienced.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13808 on: September 29, 2018, 06:56:32 am »

Those chaplain options, do they require any DLC? I may not have the relevant one.

As for Aztecs,  I don't really care much about them being present in europe, I just would like to see their empires in the americas after converting.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13809 on: September 29, 2018, 08:56:57 am »

It requires Monks and Mystics I believe. One of the recent ones, anyway.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13810 on: September 29, 2018, 09:23:18 am »

I've playing a vampire norse pirate king. I want to reform the faith but I'm having issues because my vassals subjugated some of the people I have to invade, and also I lack a claim. Or rather two claims.
Now, the reformation is not urgent because I'm fairly ahead in the tech race as it is, and pretty profficient militarily (in this vampire mod vampore disciplines give command bonuses, and after a hundred years of permanent combat a character can get pretty formidable, so pooling all the soldiers under his command and sending him to the fight is working surprisingly well. One time a muslim emperor defeated my staxk, but my ruler survived whereas the other dumb moron got himself captured, so I carved the emperor into a blood eagle -> cue enemy civil war
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13811 on: September 29, 2018, 06:14:53 pm »

Jesus Christ, this is so frustrating. My friends played through a few years without me, and in that short span of time my Greek ruler managed to give away most of my prized counties, raise my strong/shrewd warrior son to be a mastermind theologian, pissed off all of my vassals, lost my land to a resurgent Caliph and then died. My theologian son subsequently spent the next few years writing about astronomy whilst his Kingdom fell to pieces and toppled me, replacing me with my brother, whilst an even larger faction demanded my brother abdicate in favour of the Roman Emperor - who I fought two generations ago to secede from. Now facing 5 excommunication wars against former vassals because the Patriarch didn't like me writing about astronomy, I am barely staying alive through gold from a single excommunication war I won, and an increasingly thin bodyguard of loyal cataphracts. Now I just hope I can retake my capital and my Kingdom before the Roman Emperor seizes power and revokes me into oblivion.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13812 on: September 29, 2018, 07:32:54 pm »

Should have thought it better before writing all that crap about the Earth revolving the sun m8
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13813 on: September 29, 2018, 07:36:27 pm »

He was literally a character from a Greek tragedy play, embarking upon the pursuit of bold knowledge whilst his family's Kingdom fell to pieces

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13814 on: September 29, 2018, 09:18:08 pm »

This reminds me of my Zunist run, in which I attempted suicide, became incapable, failed to convince people to end me, failed to heal myself through Satan a bajillion time’s, and factions made every single kingdom in the Persian empire revert to gavelkind over the course of a year.

Fuck you very much, game.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 919 920 [921] 922 923 ... 1002