Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 906404 times)

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile

What blocks does it assign for block types it doesn't know? Just random?
From what I see, either doesn't add them at all, adds an odd gray static texture, or turns it into stone.
Edit: Trying to get some more pics up as soon as the lag stops.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

Wow. Even dead failcannon kills computers.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons, even Death may die.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons, even Death may die.
Dun dun DUN.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Humorously, I'm running the post-lever save at 25-30fps. No explanation.

And Withona, that nutty FB in the sea, came and killed me, Mormota, and Catalyst with it's paralyzing and probably rot-inducing vapors. They died too fast to tell...

Other than that, nothing interesting has happened. Just water everywhere, pouring down the various holes, not really flooding much... The sea won't be able to keep up with the massive pit that is this fortress+caverns, I think.

And urist, that is actually a pretty awesome quote, fitting for this world. Where did you get it, if you didn't come up with it on the spot?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And urist, that is actually a pretty awesome quote, fitting for this world. Where did you get it, if you didn't come up with it on the spot?
H.P. Lovecraft.

It's especially fitting considering that the save can float around the internet forever, long after we the players (Death) are gone.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

heh, true.

Also, I think the lever pulling, and all of it's effects, is what fixed the FBs' pathfinding. Truly was such a glorious maze that none could comprehend it; not even the dwarves, who relied on the gods.

EDIT:

Migrants just arrived. Two of 'em. This fortress just doesn't know how to die, does it?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 09:18:43 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

It just so dammed good at living, and it just hasn't kicked the habit.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

The mighty failcannon has fallen to the darker ones,
The last of our great expedition fell to the flood of the sea,

We quake with fear,
For we know it's our time,
To leave our mighty fort behind,

Let us not forget how we bested hell,
Time and time again,

We shall not die,
We shall not forget,
How we thrived so very long,

Time to say good bye,
And leave our mighty fort behind,
For if we don't,
We surely won't see another drink ever again...

I know the fort isn't dead yet, but I felt the need to write this.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 10:44:32 pm by The Master »
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It just so dammed good at living, and it just hasn't kicked the habit.

Living? I think not. Failing to die? Yes. Failcannon is more of an undead monstrosity than any of the creatures in the Plain of Ooze could hope to be.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile

Bb Trumpet
Tuba

I know some people who're willing to do this.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

If I ever get enough time to finish up the opening movement, I'll make a new thread with a MIDI and parts for the song.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

no no, COMPLETELY ignore the poem that I wasted two minutes of my life making, then another thirty seconds editing! THAT'S FINE! >:( ... :P I'm kidding, i'm ignored all the time anyway.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile

The Fading Final Thoughts of the Disembodied Consciousness of Catalyst, Echoing Eternally into the Ether

It came to pass, at last-
(at last)
-that Andreus, wandering soul, ancient beyond my ken, fell-
(or was it his own inscrutable will?)
-to the machinations of fell Led, and with lever's pull, did unmake what countless doomed generations built-
(more their deaths' work than their lives')
-the endless tombs tumbled, signalling doom with their roar, as thousands of tortured souls were cut loose from their moor-
(now has come the day we dread, the gates torn asunder, ghosts beasts and demons screaming in their shaken hive)
-and thus it begins, the end, unending.

My vigil continues.  I make every breath in living lungs my watchfire.  I shall stand sentry here at the end of all things, heedless.  The wails of the damned I shall make my warm cloak against the night.  Every panicked, mad, anguished thought, mortal or immortal or diabolic, I drink them in.  They are my warm draught and fortitude.  My vigil continues.

I see it now.  Led has torn the world asunder.  She has succeeded in splitting Energy and Time - and now there is only Chaos and the cold Hell of eternity.  But even this gives me hope.  I shall seep in at the cracks.  I dissolve myself only to lurk in the corners of every mind - in every time.  Waiting.  Watching.  Anticipating when my time will come again.  Ready for my return.  Prepared to resume the fight.  Keeping my vigil. 

~~~~~~~~

See you in the next fort.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects

Migrants just arrived. Two of 'em. This fortress just doesn't know how to die, does it?

Sounds like the fort doesn't want to die. I feel we have been too hasty with the sequel.  :-\
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 189