Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 43

Author Topic: BYOR 5 - Night 3: Under Con-Troll.  (Read 66643 times)

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 5 - Day 3: Trollin' Through The Park
« Reply #570 on: September 28, 2010, 04:24:40 pm »

Apologies for absence. I was having a wonderful time at Edinburgh Uni's open day on Saturday, and the thread closed just as I had caught up with the reading on Sunday. And I'm still busy, will hopefully bring something meatier tomorrow.

...for now, there's a bit of conflict here. Toonyman should be lynched, for obvious reasons - and yet, people like Mbp, who have done jack all for the entire game, can now come in and pretend that they're being useful by picking on the obvious target. It's a bit of a catch-22, I know, but it's something that just struck me.

Also, I say this in a very tentative fashion, and I'm only putting it forward as something for the board to discuss: but are we now approaching the stage where full roleclaims will help us more than hinder? I ask from lack of experience, and thought that this might be a good time to bring it up, seeing as today will (most likely) be rather short.

Well, that's the main business of tonight, I will try to be less non-existent tomorrow. Unless the thread draws to an early close again and everyone gets turned into diamonds or something. Which, knowing BYOR, will now happen since it has come up D:

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 28, 2010, 04:42:08 pm »

I would have been highly suspicious, save that I wasn't here.

In my defense, weekends don't count.

Also, I say this in a very tentative fashion, and I'm only putting it forward as something for the board to discuss: but are we now approaching the stage where full roleclaims will help us more than hinder? I ask from lack of experience, and thought that this might be a good time to bring it up, seeing as today will (most likely) be rather short.
Not really. Even if role inferred alignment, we've got way too many troll corpses lying around for scum to falseclaim. Roleclaiming is mostly useful for cross-checking data, and I suspect we don't have much to catch anyone on.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 28, 2010, 05:05:17 pm »

I do not pretend to be usefull, i know i still have a long way to go to be able to catch scum like some people here. What i do is be forward, and dont go weaseling around.  You should not be tentative, if you want to attakc my credibility since i was awol for a long time do it. If youre going to be half-assed about it then dont. From what ive read, there was a lot of comotion about you, bread and archangel back on day 1. Ill read that and see what to do with you

I don't know about you people (looking  at you my little Toaster ;) but i have no quarrel to say my role. I'm the Idiot Ball, roleblocker. Toaster is currently being an idiot, and a few more will join him soon enough

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 28, 2010, 07:34:18 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Scatterbrain -
Tylui -
Zathras -
Lonewolf I -
Archangel -
Toaster -
Mysteriousbluepuppet -
breadbocks -
ToonyMan - Toaster, Mysteriousbluepuppet, Tylui, Vector, ToonyMan, Scatterbrain, [6]
Vector -
IronyOwl -

Not Voting - Lonewolf I, Archangel, Zathras, breadbocks, IronyOwl,

Day Ends Friday At 9 PM Central. 6 To Hammer.

ToonyMan has been lynched!

ToonyMan was a Troll (cult).

...'n' then...

Well, I dun really remember tha' day too much. Eh, le's jus' skip it.

Troll
lulz, u got trolld!!!!!!111!oneoneone

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 5 - Night 3: Under Con-Troll.
« Reply #574 on: October 12, 2010, 07:31:49 am »

D-d-d-dead...

:(

Sorry, guys.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 12, 2010, 07:48:40 am »

Boo.  Post the roles etc?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 12, 2010, 07:58:23 am »

Boo.  Post the roles etc?
In some unspecific amount of time.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 12, 2010, 12:38:20 pm »

Frankly, with the info I had I could run this once I get BYOT rolling too <_<
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 12, 2010, 01:19:58 pm »

All I have to say for this game is Panda you big mouth you got yourself killed.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 12, 2010, 03:32:35 pm »

Pandar should be a troll.

Also I am Sollux.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 12, 2010, 03:34:23 pm »

We knew this Org.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 12, 2010, 03:35:04 pm »

I found it hilarious that zath had to say it.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 12, 2010, 03:47:47 pm »

All I have to say for this game is Panda you big mouth you got yourself killed.
Pretty much. Although I'd like to say I WAS RIGHT SUCKAH! HE WAS TOTALLY A SOLO THIRD PARTY AND I CALLED IT! YOU WERE EATING OUT OF HIS HANDS, YOU SORRY BASTARDS! Sorry, I've been wanting to say this for a LOOOONG time.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 12, 2010, 04:45:26 pm »

I was sad to see this game die. It was LOADS of fun. I loved it. Thanks Web for reopening it and give us a chance to chat about it. So who was who? I call IronyOwl and probably Toaster as scum, with a chance of Lonewolf or Scatterbrain.

And yes, beadbocks, yes, you called it on Pandar. I thought it was clear enought he didn't have a town role due to his list, but I had (wrongly) guessed some kind of survivor or timebomb role. But it ultimately didn't matter, I would have gladly followed his plan even if he was the scummiest scum, because he had HARD DATA and was willing to share it! It was objectively the best move for town, and if the game had progressed I would have insisted on mass claims all around.

Pandar was clearly trying to break the game in town's favour -- his alignment didn't matter as long as the data was good, which it was. He was turning the uninformed majority into an informed one, for crying out loud! Town couldn't lose with those odds!

Just imagine if he had shut up. We'd have believed you CT when you resurrected, then you would have "used your pill" to bring back Org as CT, when he'd really be another zombie. It would have been BYOR4 ponies all over again!

...so, in the time it takes Web to post details, how about Pandar posting his uberlist here? C'mon Pandar! I want to know what "Communism" did.

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 12, 2010, 06:30:21 pm »

Pretty much. Although I'd like to say I WAS RIGHT SUCKAH! HE WAS TOTALLY A SOLO THIRD PARTY AND I CALLED IT! YOU WERE EATING OUT OF HIS HANDS, YOU SORRY BASTARDS! Sorry, I've been wanting to say this for a LOOOONG time.
Quiet cultspawn.

Pandar was clearly trying to break the game in town's favour -- his alignment didn't matter as long as the data was good, which it was. He was turning the uninformed majority into an informed one, for crying out loud! Town couldn't lose with those odds!
Except he was using that information to put two and two together to see who he should murder first. If we'd gone along with his plan, we might or might not have found scum, but we'd certainly be in sorry shape to deal with Pandar himself.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 43