Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 38

Author Topic: Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead  (Read 49605 times)

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
Re: Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2011, 12:35:31 pm »

If anyone want's to play i go by the name head (shocker right?) also you can add me on steam as headswe

Mumble server details are
ip:whoopshop.com
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2011, 12:57:16 pm »

Is the Rock Paper Shotgun unofficial server still up? If so they have a decent host/community. Usually the same guys on it at the same time etc.

If so I can put up a DFC announcement about when they place etc. and we could meet up there.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2011, 03:13:26 pm »

Is the Rock Paper Shotgun unofficial server still up? If so they have a decent host/community. Usually the same guys on it at the same time etc.

If so I can put up a DFC announcement about when they place etc. and we could meet up there.

It's up. alright. played with a admin there.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2011, 04:40:00 pm »

A bump for great justice.

I've noticed online, the game reports several servers running 1.58, yet the best I can download on the website is 1.57... Is 1.58 out yet? Should I bother looking for it?

Also, what about this Rock Paper Shotgun stuff? Shall we organize some times?
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2011, 09:07:04 am »

I bought ARMA II in the Steam sale, but the expansion was too expensive, and now I'm seeing that all the mods are for OA =( Any mission/add on/mod recomendation for ARMA II alone?

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2011, 09:11:06 am »

Nistenf, check your PM. Think I have a copy of OA for you.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 09:13:20 am by hemmingjay »
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2011, 09:33:01 am »

So thanks to the great hemmingjay here I now have OA, so I'll rampage through the BIS forums looking for nice things. Recomendations about addons and missions are still welcome of course

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2011, 12:40:29 pm »

Armaholic

Community Base Addons (needed by several other mods, make sure you get the base plus the one for the game you have) Base Addon ARMA2 Standalone Combined Ops and Operation Arrowhead
ShacTac Fireteam Hud (Adds a little HUD to the bottom of your screen that is very useful)
ShacTac Movement (One PBO disables the annoying "sidestepping" animation you might get stuck in after running and quickly trying to strafe. The other PBO removes weapon collision with the world so you can move around walls and stuff without getting stuck inside of a doorway.)

If you're looking for multiplayer servers, if you like... well... a more immersive experience (I guess) there's always United Operations. However, even with all of the guides it is still rather difficult to get in because your addons might not be set up right and stuff.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2011, 01:57:36 pm »

Armaholic

Community Base Addons (needed by several other mods, make sure you get the base plus the one for the game you have) Base Addon ARMA2 Standalone Combined Ops and Operation Arrowhead
ShacTac Fireteam Hud (Adds a little HUD to the bottom of your screen that is very useful)
ShacTac Movement (One PBO disables the annoying "sidestepping" animation you might get stuck in after running and quickly trying to strafe. The other PBO removes weapon collision with the world so you can move around walls and stuff without getting stuck inside of a doorway.)

If you're looking for multiplayer servers, if you like... well... a more immersive experience (I guess) there's always United Operations. However, even with all of the guides it is still rather difficult to get in because your addons might not be set up right and stuff.

That's why you need either sixupdater or Yoma Addon Synchronizer. It asks the servers what they're running and does all the downloading for you.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2011, 02:11:48 pm »

United Operations uses Yoma, but even then shit can go wrong, especially because of ACRE.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2011, 09:03:27 pm »

Dear god this game is hard. I'm enjoying it, but damn :P

I do however, like how if an enemy isn't facing me, he won't see me or turn around conveniently unless I start running. Too many games have an issue where they constantly know where you are :P
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2011, 11:34:06 pm »

I've never played online with this game, because whenever I try to get on, I don't have the mods/missions that the server does. And the fact that they're all locked, and with only one or two people inside.

I've tried to install the Addon Sync from Yoma, but the page isn't working. Can someone help me with this? I want to play with TG if they play this weekend.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2011, 12:18:05 am »

I've never played online with this game, because whenever I try to get on, I don't have the mods/missions that the server does. And the fact that they're all locked, and with only one or two people inside.

I've tried to install the Addon Sync from Yoma, but the page isn't working. Can someone help me with this? I want to play with TG if they play this weekend.

If its Operation Arrowhead you're having trouble with, try running the Combined Operations shortcut in your bohemian interactive folder. That loads Arma 2 content aswell.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2011, 12:44:48 am »

I got Arma II but I have to play it on very low to get good FPS, I haven't gotten used to the controls or played multiplayer D:
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2011, 10:21:02 am »

I've been playing ArmA 2 for a few days and it's pretty damn immense.

I have one question, though; I've seen videos of people with little mini-maps showing the formation of their units at the bottom of their screen, how have they done this?
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 38