Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38

Author Topic: Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead  (Read 49599 times)

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
Re: Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead
« Reply #495 on: August 02, 2012, 01:56:35 am »

An. Most of you seem to be Eastern Coast, but I'm off in sunny old England. That means that most of the times you can do in the week would be in the early hours of the morning for me, so the only time I could link up with you guys would be somewhere around 9AM (I know, early) or 2 or 3PM eastern time on the weekend.
Also, ACE and ACRE? What's the difference?
ACE enhances the base ArmA experience with new features to the game, ACRE is a teamspeak plugin that basically replicates using in-game radios that have their own channels and frequencies. Radios have their own ranges, and the sound quality will change depending on distance, whether or not your indoors, at a high elevation, etc.
Ooh. This sounds like a good idea.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 02, 2012, 01:59:32 am »

An. Most of you seem to be Eastern Coast, but I'm off in sunny old England. That means that most of the times you can do in the week would be in the early hours of the morning for me, so the only time I could link up with you guys would be somewhere around 9AM (I know, early) or 2 or 3PM eastern time on the weekend.
ACE enhances the base ArmA experience with new features to the game, ACRE is a teamspeak plugin that basically replicates using in-game radios that have their own channels and frequencies. Radios have their own ranges, and the sound quality will change depending on distance, whether or not your indoors, at a high elevation, etc.
It's frankly amazing, if you want to see both ACE and ACRE in action look up Shack Tactical on youtube. They're one of the best ArmA communities out there and have some great videos.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 02, 2012, 02:42:35 am »

It's frankly amazing, if you want to see both ACE and ACRE in action look up Shack Tactical on youtube. They're one of the best ArmA communities out there and have some great videos.

I have just recently started the process of joining them, currently pFNG and just did the wednesday session. It's fucking insane, and THE best milsim experience I have ever had in anything.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 02, 2012, 03:04:07 am »

ShackTac is sounds great, and if i werent a father and have to get up early every morning i'd love to attend not to mention thier very strict requiresment on showing up on irc and the forums.

I play with ARPS and Folk, while we do play classic arma2 CO we do have what i would like to call tactical gameplay that you pick up within a session or two, there are no ranks , no special training or requirements to join just show up and don't be a arse.

Tuesday 19.30 BST

All Arps player have a standing invite to folk that occurs every Sunday at 19:30 BST.

You can always read more over at the forum.

You could always visit the Folk youtube channel or just quickly search for "arma arps" for some nice videos on gameplay.

We usually average on around 40-60 players per session.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 02, 2012, 04:59:11 pm »

United Operations uses ACE, and you don't need to really 'sign up', it's primarily a public server. You'll still get banned for being an idiot though. If you have time constraints and want to be tacticool I'd look into them.

I haven't played with RPS in a long while but they're pretty good people to play with. The last few times I played with them they didn't troll around like you'd expect a sort of 'laid back' community to do, which leads to a better experience for everybody.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 05, 2012, 10:40:04 am »

United Operations uses ACE, and you don't need to really 'sign up', it's primarily a public server. You'll still get banned for being an idiot though. If you have time constraints and want to be tacticool I'd look into them.

I've some experience in that. being an idiot. first suggestion: if you see someone saluting and you don't know the hotkey for that, don't search for it randomly.

I did once and primed a grenade in the middle of friendlies. got a ban, can't say I didn't deserve that.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #501 on: August 05, 2012, 10:48:02 am »

I just recently got this game and have been playing ACE+ACRE with the TWC guys. I have been having a blast.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 05, 2012, 11:24:32 am »

I've some experience in that. being an idiot. first suggestion: if you see someone saluting and you don't know the hotkey for that, don't search for it randomly.

I did once and primed a grenade in the middle of friendlies. got a ban, can't say I didn't deserve that.
This is a good story. :D

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 05, 2012, 11:42:10 am »

It is, although I do feel sorry that he got banned...the salute and lower weapon keys are not intuitive.

KG

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 05, 2012, 11:44:40 am »

It is, although I do feel sorry that he got banned...the salute and lower weapon keys are not intuitive.

KG
Well yeah. You'd think they might recognise an accident, cuz poo happens.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 05, 2012, 01:39:47 pm »

Eh, United Operations isn't that great in the first place. A lot of people who play there have no idea what they're doing in the slightest from what I've seen.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 05, 2012, 01:43:49 pm »

Eh, United Operations isn't that great in the first place. A lot of people who play there have no idea what they're doing in the slightest from what I've seen.
That would be people who bought it for Day Z and couldn't be arsed going through the training level. I hate those people.

To be fair I actually forgot there was a key to prime a grenade. I tend to stay away from grenades since the interface/throwing mechanics is rather clunky (more clunky than most of the other game).

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 05, 2012, 06:14:32 pm »

ARMA2 Combined Operation is 20% off on GamersGate. That goes down to $20.37 if you  have life-time 15% discount. Worth it if I have no interest in DayZ?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 05, 2012, 06:40:39 pm »

ARMA2 Combined Operation is 20% off on GamersGate. That goes down to $20.37 if you  have life-time 15% discount. Worth it if I have no interest in DayZ?

If you enjoy milsims, or the Battlefield series, you might enjoy Arma 2.  Keep in mind it is getting towards end of life as Arma 3 gets closer.  Personally, I've definitely gotten my $30 out of it many times over, but I've always really liked milsims.

KG
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38