Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7767 7768 [7769] 7770 7771 ... 10992

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13510214 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #116520 on: January 10, 2017, 10:08:04 am »

Ah. Well, meh. IIRC, the concept sounded cool, but it did kinda feel like it would've been a bit too grand of a scale for what the guy wanted to do. Hope the guy's doing alright, at the least. Would hate for a single project to run someone into the ground.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #116521 on: January 10, 2017, 12:02:47 pm »

Yeah, let's hope he's sipping mojitos in Cuba with the kickstarter's 90.000$
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116522 on: January 10, 2017, 02:26:39 pm »

/r/anime_irl

I don't think I've chuckled at as many things as I have to these. I don't even watch anime :P

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116523 on: January 10, 2017, 03:29:52 pm »

I'd rather say that he spent the money, went slightly mad, then ran off. Don't attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by incompetence.

Let this be a lesson to you, don't try to read the Necronomicon to make a game based on it.  ;)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #116524 on: January 10, 2017, 03:33:14 pm »

But there's already a Necronomicon game on newgrounds? :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116525 on: January 10, 2017, 04:29:19 pm »

I am starting to think I should just start up a "Get to the point O-Meter" for essays I read.

Goodness are wordy people in love with chaff... I wrote that way in Highschool/College/University but I always gave my premise early in.

Yet there are a LOT of internet videos or written essays that either wait 50 or 80% the way through their content to even tell you anything of substance.

Reading this essay "What are rabbits really like"... And it only STARTS in the 4th paragraph (the first 3 are criticizing the reader for even reading this essay... always a good start)...

And it doesn't even REALLY answer the question... It is just a huge criticism on gauging pet value along the lines of dogs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116526 on: January 10, 2017, 04:51:46 pm »

...Doesn't Newgrounds deal about as much San damage as the book itself?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #116527 on: January 10, 2017, 05:09:02 pm »

I am starting to think I should just start up a "Get to the point O-Meter" for essays I read.
Way too many essays are rated based on length rather than substance. I could explain what a rabbit is reasonably well in three paragraphs, but given a four-page minimum length, the art of bullshittery suddenly becomes invaluable. Teachers don't seem to want their students to learn efficient communication.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #116528 on: January 10, 2017, 05:17:16 pm »

Way too many essays are rated based on length rather than substance. I could explain what a rabbit is reasonably well in three paragraphs, but given a four-page minimum length, the art of bullshittery suddenly becomes invaluable. Teachers don't seem to want their students to learn efficient communication.
What really is a "rabbit"? Some people would call it a lagomorph, and append it such descriptors as "eats carrots" and "lives in forests and fields", but a rabbit is really much more complicated than that. Rabbits are far more than mere lagomorphs, and their diets and habitats are far more diverse than fields and forests. Many common misconceptions about rabbits are found everywhere in our lives, and it is important for us to dispel them.

The word "rabbit" dates back to...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 05:25:00 pm by Tawa »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116529 on: January 10, 2017, 05:23:12 pm »

* Shadowlord throws vorpal bunnies into the conversation
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #116530 on: January 10, 2017, 05:27:53 pm »

And the people did feast upon the lambs, and sloths, and carp, and anchovies, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats, and...
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116531 on: January 10, 2017, 05:51:36 pm »

What really is a "rabbit"? Some people would call it a lagomorph, and append it such descriptors as "eats carrots" and "lives in forests and fields", but a rabbit is really much more complicated than that. Rabbits are far more than mere lagomorphs, and their diets and habitats are far more diverse than fields and forests. Many common misconceptions about rabbits are found everywhere in our lives, and it is important for us to dispel them.

The word "rabbit" dates back to...

As the great scholar Monty Python had demonstrated in his groundbreaking documentary, 'The Holy Grail', lagomorphs are in truth quite vicious creatures. A truth quite contrary to popular beliefs. For a more child-friendly documentary on the subject of lagomorphs, this author recommends the critically acclaimed animation 'Watership Down'.

All these exercises teach students is to beat around the bush and use big words.

I'm not a good writer, I'm just not a terrible bullshitter.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116533 on: January 10, 2017, 08:29:56 pm »

Highly relevant. It's a shame this isn't required reading.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #116534 on: January 10, 2017, 09:05:20 pm »

It's not required reading because it's based entirely on outdated ideas about language shaping thought.
Pages: 1 ... 7767 7768 [7769] 7770 7771 ... 10992