Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7901 7902 [7903] 7904 7905 ... 10994

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13535803 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #118530 on: February 22, 2017, 06:35:37 pm »

Re-introduced, surely. There's no way that the WTF thread hasn't included 40k stuff in the past.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #118531 on: February 22, 2017, 06:47:40 pm »

« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 08:20:38 pm by Folly »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118533 on: February 22, 2017, 06:55:03 pm »

The internet god has spared us.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #118534 on: February 22, 2017, 07:02:12 pm »

It's the image of a female Mechanicum in very skimpy robe... and with way too much flesh retained.
Remove one / after com and it should work.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118535 on: February 22, 2017, 07:06:53 pm »

My headcanon always told me that the density of women vs men is basically equal in the mechanicum, specially techpriests, but at that point so much of their biological bodies got removed so they become virtually genderless.

Strangely enough, I never saw female servitor art.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #118536 on: February 22, 2017, 07:08:51 pm »

for obviously horrifyingly terrible morality eating reasons im sure.

p:

actually I'm pretty surr anyone who could afford a lobotomized sexbot would be rich/cultured enough to have willing servants or a noble spouse or we
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 07:10:30 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #118537 on: February 22, 2017, 07:22:17 pm »

It's the image of a female Mechanicum in very skimpy robe... and with way too much flesh retained.
It could be a Magos Biologis, they work with flesh instead of steel.

The human form is just another machine, after all.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118538 on: February 22, 2017, 07:24:56 pm »

My headcanon always told me that the density of women vs men is basically equal in the mechanicum, specially techpriests, but at that point so much of their biological bodies got removed so they become virtually genderless.

I don't think there's much fanart of servitors to begin with. Not compared to just about any other subject in the canon, anyway.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118539 on: February 22, 2017, 07:26:38 pm »

Why even bother with sexbots if you're a 40k noble? You can just hire infinisluts and not have to bother with stuff like being accidentaly killed by a servo malfunction. Plus I'm pretty sure sexing robots is some type of heresy.

With proper enhancements, a female servitor can fill any role a male servitor can anyway. But then again, why have human servitors when you can have OGRYN SERVITORS

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #118540 on: February 22, 2017, 07:29:27 pm »

I've read from a game/story on the Mechanicus (The story of Callamus, Summarized) that this is a thing--the 'the body is a machine and being augmented is okay', over 'the machine is perfection, the flesh is weak', although it is more of a political/ideological party context which makes a lot more sense that way :O Either way it's something I love reading, alongside the practical and caring nature of the protagonist.

With proper enhancements, a female servitor can fill any role a male servitor can anyway. But then again, why have human servitors when you can have OGRYN SERVITORS
How or why would an Ogryn become a servitor? @_@

I recall something I've idly wondered about while walking up the hills and slopes to the highway to get a jeep for work/school.
Early morning or so, I see spiderwebbing (just individual lines in particular standing out) alongside the sidewalk. On the flat sidewalk. I'm unsure why that occurs as usually, spiderwebs are up in the air to catch insects and...on the ground doesn't seem that effective other than acting as entanglement. Does anyone have any ideas?

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #118541 on: February 22, 2017, 07:31:08 pm »

I've read from a game/story on the Mechanicus (The story of Callamus, Summarized) that this is a thing--the 'the body is a machine and being augmented is okay', over 'the machine is perfection, the flesh is weak', although it is more of a political/ideological party context which makes a lot more sense that way :O Either way it's something I love reading, alongside the practical and caring nature of the protagonist.

I recall something I've idly wondered about while walking up the hills and slopes to the highway to get a jeep for work/school.
Early morning or so, I see spiderwebbing (just individual lines in particular standing out) alongside the sidewalk. On the flat sidewalk. I'm unsure why that occurs as usually, spiderwebs are up in the air to catch insects and...on the ground doesn't seem that effective other than acting as entanglement. Does anyone have any ideas?
I am in fact someone else who reads Deus Ex Mechanicus!

Posted a rather nice song about them recently, actually.

The War Cant of Mars.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #118542 on: February 22, 2017, 07:33:55 pm »

The War Cant of Mars.
OH MY CHEESE YOU'RE THE PERSON WHO DID THAT?!
I only saw that link from Kot(?) who linked it earlier in another thread .____. Oh wooooow. I liked that song because it was classical rather than the usual DEATH METAL (I'm biased because I heavily dislike really loud things x.x It's my hearing)
But wow to that :))

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118543 on: February 22, 2017, 07:34:47 pm »

Why even bother with sexbots if you're a 40k noble? You can just hire infinisluts and not have to bother with stuff like being accidentaly killed by a servo malfunction. Plus I'm pretty sure sexing robots is some type of heresy.
They might be spies, assassins, heretics, or some combination of the three.

The same reasons and methods an ordinary person would become a servitor, just scaled up slightly.

I don't think there's much fanart of servitors to begin with. Not compared to just about any other subject in the canon, anyway.
Well, pretty much by definition servitors aren't interesting characters, so it's not too surprising.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #118544 on: February 22, 2017, 07:35:41 pm »

The War Cant of Mars.
OH MY CHEESE YOU'RE THE PERSON WHO DID THAT?!
I only saw that link from Kot(?) who linked it earlier in another thread .____. Oh wooooow. I liked that song because it was classical rather than the usual DEATH METAL (I'm biased because I heavily dislike really loud things x.x It's my hearing)
But wow to that
Yep. I use the same username on SB, SV, and here. And QQ.

They also did a song about the Inquisition.

Boltgun.
Pages: 1 ... 7901 7902 [7903] 7904 7905 ... 10994