Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5454 5455 [5456] 5457 5458 ... 10992

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13501596 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #81825 on: July 27, 2015, 06:54:37 pm »

As someone with small butts I guess that I should also not like determining attraction by butts, or maybe I'm just insecure.
The butts are (sometimes) circumstantial to the actual root of attraction, wanting to touch the butts is just a side-effect.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #81826 on: July 27, 2015, 06:54:58 pm »

I like how these discussions end up with everyone talking about different things.
Adds to the charm, I say!
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81827 on: July 27, 2015, 06:55:40 pm »

As an asexual, I suppose you can only think of such things, but not feel them? Because what you said is rational, whereas sex (in both its meanings) isn't.
Actually I don't know if I'm really asexual.  I feel all the normal stuff (pansexually) and really enjoy flirting.  But when I get too close to anybody romantically I lock up, shut down, and flee.
I don't really know why or what it means.  Just that every time I try, I just hurt someone new.  Fortunately there's so much else I'd rather care about, hence "asexual".  Being comfortable without sex might count, IDK.

Hating gender definitions is a separate thing I think.  I interact with people online and they're defined by their opinions, writing style, hobbies and media interests...  Then I go outside and most people look like walking stereotypes.  Of course they're real people with depth, but I have trouble seeing that beyond "Hey I'm a girl lol" or "Yo dude I'm a guy".  It's maddening.  The issue is with me though...  Except that I also want people to be treated fairly, ideally.

Ugh, I've been super restless all day.  I have to go running like now.  (Or get drunk, but nah... maybe afterwards)

17 new replies lol, I'll catch up later.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81828 on: July 27, 2015, 06:56:21 pm »

Bay12 lower forums: A magic dimension were something like gender, that is common quality of nearly all species more evolved then amoebas, is unescessary because people decide it is, and leftist governments can never be dictatorships or infringe on anyone's personal freedom :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #81829 on: July 27, 2015, 06:59:30 pm »

I blame the left-butts winged viking feminists.

Rolan7: That's probably gray aromantic. I know, that sounds very Tumblr but I like that term. It's the middle between romantic and aromantic, which if you're a robot thinking in boolean logic then that would still be romantic, but I really find that things aren't that simple or even static. I for one knows it's hard to feel romantic attraction to someone after being hurt.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #81830 on: July 27, 2015, 07:00:46 pm »

Bay12 lower forums: A magic dimension were something like gender, that is common quality of nearly all species more evolved then amoebas, is unescessary because people decide it is, and leftist governments can never be dictatorships or infringe on anyone's personal freedom :v
You forgot about touching butts.

Fake Edit: Damn, ninja'd
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #81831 on: July 27, 2015, 07:01:27 pm »

SEX is a common quality of species. Gender is a trait in only Animals.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81832 on: July 27, 2015, 07:02:31 pm »

@Transhumanism: I'm a transhumanist, only because I like the idea of living forever.

All the talk about "In the future, we will be (x)!" is distasteful to me. People are too different to ALL want to become part of the Borg, or turn into agendered asexual planetminds, or want to become a swarm of tiny nanoparticles that cover an entire solar system.

The whole point of transhumanism, to me, is to unleash sapients to become whatever that specific individual wants to become. Pfeh on your proclamations of the future, I want to be a planetmind orbiting an entire planet-cum-eonslong science experiment, FTL avatar-talking with a swarm of nano-butts and an intelligent shade of blue who both used to be miners back in Russia ten million years ago and who have remained friends for the intervening millenia. It's just so much more interesting when everyone goes their own way amicably.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #81833 on: July 27, 2015, 07:04:34 pm »

Honestly gender is literally a concept because we decided sex is more important than sexual characteristics and social positions.

My mentality on it is just that if it looks like a male human and acts like a male human then I'll fuck it. It doesn't have to be a male human.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #81834 on: July 27, 2015, 07:06:06 pm »

You know there's a lot of people that seem to latch onto transhumanism as a power fantasy. Why though?

If anything, I'm vaguely transhumanist since I'd like a way to continue being myself past the expiration of my bodyparts. But beyond changing it so it functions properly, given I have a lot of problems that's all I care about. I just wanna continue being me.

I'd definately like to replace my poorly functioning right hand for sure, and if I could get a left eye that works, that's also great. But really that's all that's important to me there.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81835 on: July 27, 2015, 07:08:19 pm »

And if you want to do that, feel free! That's the whole point. I see no reason to deprive others of their power fantasy or non-power-fantasy just because it's not what I would choose for myself. For myself, it's because it's interesting. Always wanted to see a civilization literally go from cavemen to cosmos. Even more interesting if it's a civilization of three gendered (haha! Relevance!) tentacled amphibians living on the shorelines of a vast archipelago world. Or something. *shrug* I have a couple million years, I'll think of something.

On an unrelated note: Has my proclamation unto the dudes to touch the butt infected the forums to such an extent as this?! WHAT HERESY!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 07:09:54 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #81836 on: July 27, 2015, 07:08:54 pm »

I just really wish we improve on cosmetic surgery to the point where it's cheap and everyone is allowed to be their definition of beautiful. Really, I don't get what cosmic purpose I am serving in being ugly.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81837 on: July 27, 2015, 07:09:56 pm »

I agree with GC here, I welcome the furthering integration of technology with humans, but honestly I'd be happy with being able to replace some body parts, maybe some minor QoL or convenience additions, and being alive for maybe a hundred years longer. Anything past that seems just unnecessary. Not that I have inherently against absurd power fantasy stuff, but it's all very silly considering how implausible it is. Then again that might just be my lack of ambition, since my life would be made if I got to get in on the directly-connect-nervous-system-to-other-stuff wagon.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 07:12:56 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #81838 on: July 27, 2015, 07:10:47 pm »

I'm rather uneducated about transhumanism, could someone explain it to me in informal points? The specifics.

I just really wish we improve on cosmetic surgery to the point where it's cheap and everyone is allowed to be their definition of beautiful. Really, I don't get what cosmic purpose I am serving in being ugly.

It's a question many ask, but then we succumb to the fact that human diversity is the spice of life. In reality, though, it's an odd spice that only suits the palate of the attractive.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81839 on: July 27, 2015, 07:10:57 pm »

Psh, I just want nanomachines, immortality, technologically enhanced awareness and better energy sources. If I want anything else, I can just learn to do it and do it myself :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 5454 5455 [5456] 5457 5458 ... 10992