Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Should I just stop talking to this girl?  (Read 25398 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Should I just stop talking to this girl?
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2010, 05:57:53 pm »

I would say that posting a picture of someone you know on the internet without telling them is a serious no-no. Just leave her alone man, she obviously isn't that interested.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2010, 06:01:23 pm »

It was with his phone, but MSH has a point.

Also, the picture isn't telling much, however if her moodswings are as bad as you say, then yea it would be a good idea to leave her alone.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2010, 06:10:46 pm »

serious no-no.
I do suppose so. I will take it down. But, I guess I will just won't call her for 2 weeks(Unless she calls me, of course.) and just back off, and if she's still acting the same way she's acting to me now then, I'll figure out something then.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2010, 08:10:52 pm »

I don't know how long I need to just back off and get away from her before she acts to me un-bitch-like(Ie. Doesn't give one-word responses to everything.)

I don't think that non-responsiveness is exactly a good criterion for "bitch-hood."

By that metric, any woman who isn't always interested in whatever you have to say, even if you ignore whatever signals of disinterest she is trying to give you, is a bitch.  Bit of a self-centered definition, no?

I do suppose so. I will take it down. But, I guess I will just won't call her for 2 weeks(Unless she calls me, of course.) and just back off, and if she's still acting the same way she's acting to me now then, I'll figure out something then.

Yeah, I'd give it at least that long.  At least.  Sure, it could be a bipolar thing--I wouldn't know, really--but assuming that this is really just her personal feelings, she may need even more time than that.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2010, 08:27:53 pm »

By that metric, any woman who isn't always interested in whatever you have to say, even if you ignore whatever signals of disinterest she is trying to give you, is a bitch.  Bit of a self-centered definition, no?
I guess so, I was just rather angry at her at the time.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2010, 08:46:15 pm »

In that case, I'd strongly suggest not dating until you learn to control your emotions.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2010, 08:52:29 pm »

In that case, I'd strongly suggest not dating until you learn to control your emotions.

Was it a frustrated angry or just 'angry' angry?

@Vector: The fact that the girl is bipolar probably didn't help.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2010, 09:02:20 pm »

I know she's bipolar.  You've said that multiple times and yes, I know: dealing with bipolar people is irritating.

That said, I'm trying to suggest a course of action to x2yzh9 that will help him get along with women in general.  Hell, people in general.

Yes, the girl could be a total bitch.  Or maybe he's coming on way too strongly.  Given the rest of what he's said, it sounds like he's ignoring her expressed preferences for his own and, basically, thinking of her like a pet dog who is supposed to please him.  Maybe the pet dog is bipolar.  That doesn't remove the issue of his thinking of her as something that essentially exists for his pleasure.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2010, 09:07:25 pm »

Was it a frustrated angry or just 'angry' angry?

Frustrated angry.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2010, 10:49:09 pm »

Women are fickle. I'd like to be an equal opportunity gender offender, but honestly men aren't that fickle by comparison I think. When it comes to who they like, or why, women seem to have very fluid opinions.

My experience has been that little things, that you didn't even know you did or say, can drastically alter a woman's opinion of you. If you're lucky, she's still talking to you and might explain why. If you're like most guys, you just sense the sudden, pointed lack of interest in talking to you, and going on usually makes for drama and/or flat out rejection.

If you've done something that makes a guy's opinion of you change, they tend to tell you point blank unless they hate confrontation. They'll at least say "Man that's fucked up" or "Wow, you are not who I thought you were." I think women tend to offer those opinions up less TO men. And since it's not right in front of us with big flashing signs, guys tend to go 'what happened?'

So I'd leave her alone personally. Nothing stinks worse to a female nose than a man's desperation, IMO.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 10:51:03 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2010, 11:19:16 pm »

And now I want to go ask her if I seem annoying to her and what did I do, but for some reason this rings a red alarm in my head. Bad idea or no? I know they do like self-confidence, but there is a line between that and stupidity.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2010, 11:21:21 pm »

And now I want to go ask her if I seem annoying to her and what did I do, but for some reason this rings a red alarm in my head. Bad idea or no? I know they do like self-confidence, but there is a line between that and stupidity.

Bad idea.  That just makes you seem needy, and it puts her on the spot to lie and say "no, you're fine!" so as not to hurt your feelings, but then she feels obliged to spend time with you even if she doesn't want to...

It'd probably be fine if she has a similar pattern of avoiding you after giving her space in a few separate chunks and trying to restart contact, though.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2010, 11:26:19 pm »

Terrible, utterly horrible idea. Self-confidence is "I can live without knowing, because I believe in myself. I'd like to know, but I'll sleep even if I don't." That means sometimes not seeking some answers even though you want to know.

It's cliche, but the surest way to know if someone actually likes you is to back off. Birds in a cage, yaddah yaddah. If you leave her alone and she has any interest at all in talking to you later, you have your answer to some extent.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 11:30:30 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Ř

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2010, 04:32:15 pm »

Out of all the people you hang out with, how much of your time is spent with her proportionally? If she's effectively your sidekick, you need to back off.

Also, just because she doesn't instantly devote all their attention to whatever you have to say every single time you say anything, it just means she's a person too. If she was as overbearing on you as I'm thinking you are to her now, I really doubt you could stay constantly engaging or interested (or never use a one word response) as you want her to be.

I think you're being very self centered. It's not reasonable to be upset, irritated or angered just because she's not behaving exactly how you would like her to all the time.

now I want to go ask her if I seem annoying to her and what did I do, but for some reason this rings a red alarm in my head.
I also vote that this is a very bad idea.

I'm not an expert, nor a woman, but in response to the sudden obvious disinterest and unengaging conversation, instead of asking about yourself (IE "Do I annoy you") you should ask her about herself and show more concern for her as a person, rather than thinking of her as malfunctioning chatbot. IE "Your mind seems occupied/troubled, do you need some time?" Or just outright backing off for awhile.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2010, 08:14:59 pm »

this sort of reminds me of my friend.. sort of..

your better off, though
i wont elaborate on his pitifulness though.
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6