Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 229304 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 1
« Reply #225 on: November 10, 2010, 01:17:04 pm »

-Spore spreader, sure... And if I am then you guys did the worst thing possible potentially.
-Dopp, that's alot of attention garnered. Even a tough one wouldn't shrug that off.
-Alien of any type, see dopp.
-townie power, why?
-basic townie, WHY?
This is straight textbook WIFOM, which is a textbook scum move.  You are textbook scum.
I might fall under your textbook descriptions, but let us put away the textbook for a moment shall we?

The way I acted recently, lets just say I'm not too proud of it. I have garnered a lot of attention, bad attention, attention involving big sharp pitchforks, or perhaps mutant teeth in the following night. So if I'm to die, I best make as much use of my current predicament as possible.

So I ask you all. I've got this attention now... How do I use it?
If it isn't obvious to you that the answer could be anything but "scumhunt," then it's pretty clear you have no intention or desire to do so.    You're just trying to back out of a failed gambit now.
But give me an example of how I can use the attention for scumhunting.

Where exactly in these posts are you using it?  All I see is sarcasm and uslessness.
It looks to me like you're tying to put a failed gambit aside, like it never happened.  Your situation now looks to me like my situation a bit ago.  You did something stupid, and now want to put it behind you.  Well, I didn't get to, and neither should you.
You're being friendly, asking what you should do.  From what I've seen of people reacting to me, that's a scumtell.
Textbook scum.

Kamina:  Bold is my post, underline is yours.  Why do you insist on echoing my argument?  You're doing nothing original here, just (literally) repeating my words back at him.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 10, 2010, 01:32:10 pm »

Those posts there, I'm asking questions. Gauging how willing others are to attempt to help out someone who's basically gasping for air. Toaster wasn't helping well, I suppose in a way he was though. You? Nope, I see no attempts to do so, just attempts at conviction.

My vote stays.
Maybe because I'm pretty much doing the same things?  Everyone was after me for them, so someone should be after you.
Kamina:  Bold is my post, underline is yours.  Why do you insist on echoing my argument?  You're doing nothing original here, just (literally) repeating my words back at him.
I seem to be completely unable to have a original thought...
SHADOWdump is a stupid topic of conversation. Let's change the subject.
I agree.  I'm more interested in why webadict finds it necessary to evade answering why he voted Toaster out of the blue.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #227 on: November 10, 2010, 03:23:12 pm »

Everyone giving me shit for lurking: I leave myself logged in 24/7. If you see me offline it probably means someone stole my computer or my charger stopped working.
The problem is that you were posting on the Mafia board three hours before this post, but didn't feel the need to post here.  Still at least you've posted now. Unvote

Also this discourages the potentiality of Dopps hiding behind that claim - especially if it's a Dopp PWV
Unless a dopp was hinding behind the claim before he realized all of the details and can't back down now. This is something I could believe of SHAD0Wdump.

@JanusTwoface: Why are you now changing your story? You are aware that's scummy, right?

Did you call for a policy lynch on Org because you wanted Org lynched or did you call it to get the conversation started? It looks an awful lot like you legitimetly wanted Org lynched, yet now you seem to be saying you never wanted Org lynched at all. And even if you did do it to get the conversation started, I can't bring myself to even consider unvoting you. Good job.
Two facts:
- I didn't actually expect a policy lynch to go through.
- I was looking for how people reacted to it.

If I had gone out and said those two things at the very beginning, then it would have completely defeated the purpose of doing it in the first place.

Maybe it's not an optimal way to open the game, but (at least in my mind) it's better than asking some asine question and then doing absolutely nothing more with it. Far more active.

So no. I'm not changing my story.

And is this really all you're going to contribute?  You've posted a whopping two times with barely minial content. You've posted far more in the rules discussion thread (which granted was a few hours before the start of day, so you could just be busy). But you should do more. You have a generally tendency to lurk.

Well peeps, I'm back, and wow, Orger than Org... I feel so proud.
You've now been compared to Webadict and Org and seem thrilled about both. Just to let you know, neither of these is a good thing.

Basically, it doesn't matter who I am. The point is, I'm playing the way I want to. Possibly like no-one else can or will. Go ahead and lynch if you feel the need, but it'll give you just about as much information as anybody else.

So far, I'm having a boatload of fun. But I'll agree, I'm not working quite like a town so far. So I'll try to go back to my original plan of playing this game as properly as possible while limiting myself to as few words as possible per post if you let me, since it's very enjoyable trying to go for word economy.
Playing to have fun is great, but the problem comes when you ruin the fun for others. It analogous (although less serious) to yelling fire in a crowded theatre. It may be fun to you, but it's downright dangerous to others.

If you are that obsessed with getting lynched, Vote SHAD0Wdump. Even if you are a Spore Spreader, then we've at the very least confirmed their existence. We may actually be able to work with that.

Oh come on. I do plenty of good things! Nobody looks at the good things I do.
I think part of that is because you tend not to look at bad things you do. So we just have to return the favor. :-\

Everyone else: The Spore Spreader doesn't want to play like a Jester. Just because they're lynched, doesn't mean they'll win. It wastes a lynch on them (They need to win with the town), and they have no idea who was infected.
I think people are missing one part of this. It's not who was infected. It's IF anyone was infected. On a lynch, two people will be chosen randomly. I'd guess somewhere between 1/3 and as many as 1/2 of the players are dopps or aliens, if any of those are hit you've immediately lost one potential new Spore Spreader. It's a statistically significant chance that getting lynched will immediately make you lose.

And we should probably lynch Toaster.
Explain.  Voting without a reason is worse than not voting at all.
Wheeerre are yooouuuu, Leafsnail?  Stop lurking!
People are too happy to throw the L-word around this game... The game hasn't even been running 24 hours yet. (I'm looking at you as well Zathras of the blue words). Not to say that lynch all lurkers is necessarily a bad idea, just that they're being jumped on after waaaay too short a window.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 10, 2010, 03:48:35 pm »

Save for drawing out those overeager to pounce on opening questions, Janus.
Do you really believe that this is indicative of scumminess? For me in particular? I do the same thing in every game I'm in.
Vague attacks and an urge to appear active are indicative of scumminess in anyone.

And a policy lynch doesn't make the day any shorter.
Not timewise, but it makes us short town.  Scum should be lynched, not town, no matter how stupid.  That is the point of town.
Unvote.
Vote JanusTwoface.
Oh man disassociation vote.  SO OBVIOUS

UnvoteKamina.

After being called out for defending JTF, you vote him for a ridiculously flimsy reason.  Yeah, not cool.

Because I was thinking in the context of BM.  What he's doing seems different now.  I understand it from a new perspective.  He's suggesting a lynch simply because of a player's rep, with no regards to losing a chance to lynch scum.  I can unvote whenever the hell I want.  I want answers out of the fucker.

I'm done being wishy-washy, as you pointed out I was.  Are you seriously suggesting I would be so stupid as to bus my scumbuddy this early just because of a small accusation?
Goddamn, I'm not that stupid.
This post seems to me like being asked why you haven't done your homework, and then answering:
"I've done it, but I don't have it with me.  The dog ate it.  You're crazy, you never set any homework!  I wasn't here on the day it was set.  Screw you, I shouldn't have to do homework!  I thought it was due in next week.  I've had it with you and your stupid course, I quit!"

Yay! Lets act scummy and then vote the people that vote us for it! Fuck you LeafSnail, you should know better.

I got a feeling that Janus is going to try to sneak away well you guys go after that turtle, but I don't think I will let him.JTF
...?

Firstly, the whole point is that it isn't scummy (just something scum is more keen to jump on).  Secondly, why do you then vote the guy I voted that makes no sense.

Eh, bored, I'll continue catching up later.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 10, 2010, 03:58:03 pm »

Firstly, the whole point is that it isn't scummy (just something scum is more keen to jump on).  Secondly, why do you then vote the guy I voted that makes no sense.

Yeah. Right. Anyway...

I voted him because I thought he was scum. I have like five huge posts to that effect. Lrn2reed.

Anyway. Good job (Unvote) JTF maybe I has issues focusing but SHADOWdump really needs to die.

If he is a SS then he is the worst one ever, they only way he is not the worst player I have ever seen is if he is just really really crappy scum trying for a fake claim.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 10, 2010, 05:01:42 pm »

While I'm dragging up a few older posts, I feel like pointing out I would of voted SHAD0Wdump yesterday, but I really want to give a Zoologist a chance to grab him first. I still do.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 10, 2010, 05:28:43 pm »

No, not voting at all is worse.
Nice evade.  My question still stands.
Haha. I know. That's why it's funny! But, to be more serious, I felt a significant lacking in his presence, and have thus used my vote of red to summon forth his spirit. Unfortunately, that may involve crossing through the Forest of Reasoning, but I skipped that because I'm already level 47. Good thing I'm wearing my Ring of Evasion +2.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 10, 2010, 05:40:30 pm »

Far be it from me to question the mighty warrior webadict with his shining armor and holy sword +5, but what are you trying to get out of Toaster?

He's not concerned about your vote at all and you didn't ask him any questions, so he pretty much has no reason to respond to you.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 10, 2010, 05:43:47 pm »

While I'm dragging up a few older posts, I feel like pointing out I would of voted SHAD0Wdump yesterday, but I really want to give a Zoologist a chance to grab him first. I still do.

Hum hum hum.

Yeah... I see your point. Huuuuu.... I really hate his stupid shit...

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 10, 2010, 06:12:47 pm »

Alright Janus, I just have one more simple question for you.

If you were only calling for an Org policy lynch to get the conversation started, why did you spend nearly all of your time bickering with Org instead of actually talking to any of the other people talking about the Org policy lynch you suggested?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 10, 2010, 06:23:21 pm »

Too lazy, I feel scummy.

Wow. What a thing to say in mafia. Get your ass in here soon or you die. Unvote  SHAD0Wdump At least you are here. But really read it, I want your thoughts on what has happend so far, lets get you back up to speed huh?
Unvote.

While it may not be possible for the government to help, why aren't we just running away from this place?
Completely useless question.
Save for drawing out those overeager to pounce on opening questions, Janus.

Yay! Lets act scummy and then vote the people that vote us for it! Fuck you LeafSnail, you should know better.

I got a feeling that Janus is going to try to sneak away well you guys go after that turtle, but I don't think I will let him.JTF

This post scares and confuses me. Does anyone else feel the same?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 10, 2010, 06:30:10 pm »

Why?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 10, 2010, 06:59:59 pm »

Far be it from me to question the mighty warrior webadict with his shining armor and holy sword +5, but what are you trying to get out of Toaster?

He's not concerned about your vote at all and you didn't ask him any questions, so he pretty much has no reason to respond to you.
This is why I worship Allknowia, the All-Knowing God of Knowing All. I get the +4 on all Knowing checks.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 10, 2010, 07:05:17 pm »

Why?

"Well hey SHAD0Wdump is looking, acting, and talking like scum... Instead I'll say Leafsnail is scummy... then vote the same person he's voting for?"
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 10, 2010, 07:54:16 pm »

This is why I worship Allknowia, the All-Knowing God of Knowing All. I get the +4 on all Knowing checks.

Okay, whatever. You can go do your own thing. If being useless and unhelpful works for you more power to you, bro.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 66