Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 229322 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Replacement requested
« Reply #285 on: November 11, 2010, 11:03:57 am »

The Whiteboard
KaminaSquirtle: Leafsnail, Org, SHAD0Wdump
Leafsnail: KaminaSquirtle
SHAD0Wdump: Criptfeind, JanusTwoface, Jim Groovester, Pandarsenic, Toaster
Solifuge: Eduren, Mysteriousbluepuppet
Toaster: webadict
Zathras: Ottofar
webadict: Mr.Person, Zathras

Day 1 Ends ~5pm Pacific Today

If no one else will I can replace if you guys don't mind a slight lack of experience, just reading through round 16, halfway done, then I can read through this topic.

Have you completed at least one other mafia game? A Beginners, perhaps? If so I'll let you join.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 11, 2010, 11:11:54 am »

Ooh, I just can't wait to see people's reactions when I go stiff.

But yeah, this is a particular reason I don't tend to play mafia, it just doesn't work. However if I had restrained myself to the three a day thing I might have been able to survive... actually probably not, you'd all probably turn rampant anyway.

I might consider trying another game while more strictly retaining myself to three words max per post, because otherwise it ends up in everyone going ballistic and lynching me. I mean, gotta try something right?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 11, 2010, 01:20:13 pm »

Seriously, posting three words a day is going to get you killed no matter what. It makes you look like you're hiding something.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 11, 2010, 01:25:47 pm »

Seriously, posting three words a day is going to get you killed no matter what. It makes you look like you're hiding something.
Because I am. I would be hiding my 24/7 scummy attitude.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 11, 2010, 01:50:27 pm »

What, SHADOW.

First of all, Unvote Zathras.

And a policy lynch doesn't make the day any shorter.
Not timewise, but it makes us short town.  Scum should be lynched, not town, no matter how stupid.  That is the point of town.
Unvote.
Vote JanusTwoface.
Kamina. This one here. It's a post to look less scummy. Which in itself is scummy.

It's a shame, I was about to extend you some noob slack but then you go and do something violently reactionary like this.

Whyyy are you voting for JTF? You were just explaining away his actions a minute ago.
Because I was thinking in the context of BM.  What he's doing seems different now.  I understand it from a new perspective.  He's suggesting a lynch simply because of a player's rep, with no regards to losing a chance to lynch scum.  I can unvote whenever the hell I want.  I want answers out of the fucker.

I'm done being wishy-washy, as you pointed out I was.  Are you seriously suggesting I would be so stupid as to bus my scumbuddy this early just because of a small accusation?
Goddamn, I'm not that stupid.
WIFOM here.

Yeah, I've been lurking because there were certain technical difficulties. Having electricity go on and off pretty randomly, that is.

I like how the game is active.

My list'd go something like: Kamina
SHAD0W
Perhaps JTF.

Damn, I'll try to do a bit better post tomorrow.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 11, 2010, 02:29:57 pm »

Otto, would you care to copy Leafsnail any more?  Even his arguments weren't original.
It looks to me like you waltzed in here to avoid getting attacked for lurking, and decided to make a safe vote, and leave without actually doing anything.
Please contribute.
Because I am. I would be hiding my 24/7 scummy attitude.
webadict, what's his WIFOM level?
(Hint: It's over 9000.)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 11, 2010, 02:33:52 pm »

webadict, what's his WIFOM level?
(Hint: It's over 9000.)
If I could vote you again for saying that, I would.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 11, 2010, 02:46:39 pm »

Day 1 Ends ~5pm Pacific Today

I say we haven't made nearly enough progress, hell, there's people that have posted only once or twice, for fuck's sake... I also think the current consensus around a Shadowdump lynch, while understandable, is less than optimal -- there are worthier targets.

Therefore, I request an extension.

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 11, 2010, 03:05:37 pm »

<_<==>_>

extension

What? It's in my interests to survive of course.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 11, 2010, 03:09:06 pm »

Agree on extension.  We could use more time.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 1
« Reply #295 on: November 11, 2010, 03:10:42 pm »

Person:
While I'm dragging up a few older posts, I feel like pointing out I would of voted SHAD0Wdump yesterday, but I really want to give a Zoologist a chance to grab him first. I still do.
Why did you feel the need to phrase this this way? It looks like you're being defensive for something you haven't been accused of. 

I do agree that on first look a Zoologist would certaintly pick up SHAD0Wdump, but on second loop there's all sorts of ways that could go wrong. Prime target for a Reporter, plasma bomb, night kill, prolly a few other things.

Nah, I just want everyone to unvote SHAD0Wdump. A Zoologist or Vigilante will take care of him, if we have either one of those roles.

Let's assume he's not lynched and survives to D2, and no one comes forward with information about him.  What do we do then?  All it does is postpone the problem.  I say let's solve it now- otherwise we end up with more of...

Aah, but there's no chance we're worse off, right? Worst case scenario, we just lynch him tomorrow. It's not like we have to lynch him today, we're more than capable of lynching him tomorrow.

Web:  You appear to be dancing around the point of asking me why I'm voting Shadow, so let me summarize for you.

His behavior has gone beyond scummy, on past intentionally scummy, way out into "so intentionally scummy that I must not be scum at all!"  He's scum trying to pull off Refuge in Audacity, and I'm calling him on it.  Once he several votes, he tried to back down off it and try "Sorry about that, I'm being helpful now, see?"  Clear sign of RiA scum getting caught in the act and trying to back down off it.
While that's definitely possible, I really doubt that he's going to pull off a successful RiA on Day 1. Or ever. I just don't.
WIFOM? From Webadict? I'd never thought I'd see the day.

So what IS SHAD0Wdump doing, then?

@Webadict: Does NOBODY ELSE see his OBVIOUS AND BLATANT active lurking? He has 9 posts, yet NONE OF THEM HAVE ANY CONTENT AT ALL? Does anybody else notice that his playstyle is totally different this game compared to any of the games he's been town in since ever? Why are people giving him a pass when he's being totally useless? It's like how people treat Org... except this is fucking Webadict! Usually by this point he's drilling somebody to death, yet now he's joking around with Org? This seems really, really off. He's obviously scum and it seems like nobody else but Zathras even cares, and Zathreas doesn't even seem to be that serious.
That's not true. I'm contributing less than normal, but I'm not contributing nothing. Not only that, but I don't have time to drill someone to death right now. By Tuesday, I should have significantly more time.

If you care to wait, that is. It also doesn't help that there's 15 other people posting at once.
I'd like to point out here that Webadict has only posted about himself. Usually by now Webadict would be grilling some poor target to death, yet here he's not even asking any questions. It's not like there's a lack of targets, either.

Mostly caught up, I'm back on webadict for being cryptic and unhelpful. Web, who from the six lurkiest I mentioned earlier are most likely to be scumlurking, in your opinion?
I'd say Ottofar and Eduren. Having only 1 post is unacceptable. I mean, I'm trying to do the bare minimum and I've got 11 posts. What's that say about them?

Deflection. No vote at all. Laziness. Wow, this post is super-duper scummy.

Lurkers? Really? That's it? There's nothing else odd going one? KaminaSquirtle hasn't done anything scummy? Janus's Org-policy-lynch didn't ring any warning bells from you? Not even any questions for anyone? I know what attacking lurkers is, it's a last-ditch effort to look useful when you're not actually doing anything. And of course you actually pose no questions for the lurkers, so there's no reason for your useless blue text to actually change the fact they're lurking.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 11, 2010, 03:11:58 pm »

Otto, would you care to copy Leafsnail any more?  Even his arguments weren't original.
It looks to me like you waltzed in here to avoid getting attacked for lurking, and decided to make a safe vote, and leave without actually doing anything.
Please contribute.
Just noticed you weren't lurking, it was a blizzard hitting your electricity.  Though, other than the lurking bit, my point still stands.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 1
« Reply #297 on: November 11, 2010, 03:36:04 pm »

WIFOM? From Webadict? I'd never thought I'd see the day.
Sometimes I wonder if everything anyone does in this game counts as WIFOM. And if you say no, then it probably is in another person's point of view.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 11, 2010, 03:39:07 pm »

I'll talk about this with you later, SHAD0Wdump.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 11, 2010, 03:43:01 pm »

3 Requests for an Extension. 1 more needed to extend the day to ~5pm Pacific Friday.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 66