Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 230011 times)

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Replacement requested
« Reply #270 on: November 11, 2010, 01:00:53 am »

Mostly caught up, I'm back on webadict for being cryptic and unhelpful. Web, who from the six lurkiest I mentioned earlier are most likely to be scumlurking, in your opinion?
How does this compare to how he normally plays?  I've never been in a game with him, but he seems to have a rather legendary ego, and unique playstyle.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 11, 2010, 01:25:07 am »

I've only played one full game with him; I replaced into another he was in after he died, and he replaced in one of mine after I died, so I've seen him a bit. His ego and playstyle are indeed unique and legendary, but he's seldom this useless. He tends to be far more verbose, has incisive questions, and will badger and badger on people until he has received answers to his satisfaction.

That he's now dicking around with his +5 sword of uselessness tells me he isn't playing his normal town game, which means he's scum. I wouldn't mind it one bit if he hangs today, and I think it would be a vastly more useful lynch than Shadowdump, even if they are both scum. Wuba with scum night actions is scary.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 11, 2010, 01:35:42 am »

Cryptic and unhelpful is par for the course, believe me. Cryptic and unhelpful and active and angry, though.

I'm disliking Criptfeind's behavior less recently, but mostly because he's agreeing with me, so I'm... yeah.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 1
« Reply #273 on: November 11, 2010, 02:47:21 am »

While I'm dragging up a few older posts, I feel like pointing out I would of voted SHAD0Wdump yesterday, but I really want to give a Zoologist a chance to grab him first. I still do.
Why did you feel the need to phrase this this way? It looks like you're being defensive for something you haven't been accused of. 

I do agree that on first look a Zoologist would certaintly pick up SHAD0Wdump, but on second loop there's all sorts of ways that could go wrong. Prime target for a Reporter, plasma bomb, night kill, prolly a few other things.

Nah, I just want everyone to unvote SHAD0Wdump. A Zoologist or Vigilante will take care of him, if we have either one of those roles.

Why would a Reporter waste his time trying to find a Zoologist when there's scum to go find? I'd much rather look for the dopps than anything else. Which leads me to my next point; why would the dopps kill SHAD0Wdump? He's really high on a lot of people's lynch lists. And why would an Exterminator blow his Plasma Bomb on SHAD0Wdump? If there just so happens to be a Zoologist and the Zoologist just so happens to decide to grab SHAD0Wdump today AND there just so happens to be an Exterminator who just so happens to get a Plasma Bomb and just so happens to use it on SHAD0Wdump, the Exterminator will kill the Zoologist. Why would the Exterminator (who may not even exist, btw) throw away his large tech slot to get a chance at killing a potentially nonexistant Zoologist who isn't even that big of a deal? It would make a lot more sense for him to save said Plasma Bomb in case he himself gets abducted by the Zoologist.

If you were only calling for an Org policy lynch to get the conversation started, why did you spend nearly all of your time bickering with Org instead of actually talking to any of the other people talking about the Org policy lynch you suggested?
Because he was there. And I did somewhat, although you are quite correct that I could have done more. Not going to work in another game though, so meh?

And I also wanted to get him talking. He can actually rarely be surprisingly deep if he actually bothers to play. Which he hasn't since then... ORG, where'd you go again?

This is going nowhere very quickly. Unvote. I'm finding a distinct lack of intent to harm coming from you. Well, harm anyone except Org, but I'm also not finding that intent to be malicious. Angry, sure, but that's kinda justified since it's Org we're talking about.

@Webadict: Does NOBODY ELSE see his OBVIOUS AND BLATANT active lurking? He has 9 posts, yet NONE OF THEM HAVE ANY CONTENT AT ALL? Does anybody else notice that his playstyle is totally different this game compared to any of the games he's been town in since ever? Why are people giving him a pass when he's being totally useless? It's like how people treat Org... except this is fucking Webadict! Usually by this point he's drilling somebody to death, yet now he's joking around with Org? This seems really, really off. He's obviously scum and it seems like nobody else but Zathras even cares, and Zathreas doesn't even seem to be that serious.

@Everyone: If you're a Kook, claim it now. Anybody who doesn't is scum.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 11, 2010, 03:11:50 am »

Can I bandwagon Webadict?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 11, 2010, 03:54:40 am »

Yeah, sure, knock yourself out.

Counterpoint to JTF's point about stuff going wrong.

You're arguing against the specific hypothetical examples JTF listed but you're missing the point. It's a bad idea to count on power roles taking care of our problems because things can go wrong. It's not important how. With scum like SHADOWdump it's probably best to just lynch him and let the power roles go do their own thing instead of focus (and likely waste) their efforts dealing with something we could deal with right now.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 11, 2010, 04:10:45 am »

I'm not bandwagoning Webadict. He's up to something, and it stinks worse than I do.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 11, 2010, 04:43:41 am »

Yeah, sure, knock yourself out.

Counterpoint to JTF's point about stuff going wrong.

You're arguing against the specific hypothetical examples JTF listed but you're missing the point. It's a bad idea to count on power roles taking care of our problems because things can go wrong. It's not important how. With scum like SHADOWdump it's probably best to just lynch him and let the power roles go do their own thing instead of focus (and likely waste) their efforts dealing with something we could deal with right now.

I'd MUCH rather waste a Zoologist nab than a lynch. I'd also love it if a Vigilante shot SHAD0Wdump the night before lylo. That'd be ideal, really.

I'm pretty sure he's a Spore Spreader, but there's always the chance he's not. He does need to be dead, but he doesn't need to be lynched necessarily.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 11, 2010, 04:45:34 am »

I'd MUCH rather waste a Zoologist nab than a lynch. I'd also love it if a Vigilante shot SHAD0Wdump the night before lylo. That'd be ideal, really.
It would be oh so enlightening.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 11, 2010, 04:52:23 am »

Presupposing presence of a vigilante.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 11, 2010, 06:50:42 am »

If no one else will I can replace if you guys don't mind a slight lack of experience, just reading through round 16, halfway done, then I can read through this topic.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 11, 2010, 07:38:38 am »

Experienced players agree.
Something is off with wuba.
But I'm still suspicious of Leafsnail.  He pops in to say nothing but that I was acting awfully scummy, and nothing else?  My acting scummy has already been established.  Seems like he's being less-than-useful.  My vote doesn't come off until better contributions from him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 11, 2010, 08:12:22 am »

Would you rather I rage at the machine and waste some lynches? No. Let's save that for when I have evidence.

If doing nothing to get that evidence works out for you then who cares what I think.

You got this, bro. You got this.
Right, but I keep jumping between mafia, another game, and a project that I really need to finish to pass a class. Which cuts out a lot of my time I normally spend doing this.

Web:  You appear to be dancing around the point of asking me why I'm voting Shadow, so let me summarize for you.

His behavior has gone beyond scummy, on past intentionally scummy, way out into "so intentionally scummy that I must not be scum at all!"  He's scum trying to pull off Refuge in Audacity, and I'm calling him on it.  Once he several votes, he tried to back down off it and try "Sorry about that, I'm being helpful now, see?"  Clear sign of RiA scum getting caught in the act and trying to back down off it.
While that's definitely possible, I really doubt that he's going to pull off a successful RiA on Day 1. Or ever. I just don't.

While I'm dragging up a few older posts, I feel like pointing out I would of voted SHAD0Wdump yesterday, but I really want to give a Zoologist a chance to grab him first. I still do.
Why did you feel the need to phrase this this way? It looks like you're being defensive for something you haven't been accused of. 

I do agree that on first look a Zoologist would certaintly pick up SHAD0Wdump, but on second loop there's all sorts of ways that could go wrong. Prime target for a Reporter, plasma bomb, night kill, prolly a few other things.

Nah, I just want everyone to unvote SHAD0Wdump. A Zoologist or Vigilante will take care of him, if we have either one of those roles.

Why would a Reporter waste his time trying to find a Zoologist when there's scum to go find? I'd much rather look for the dopps than anything else. Which leads me to my next point; why would the dopps kill SHAD0Wdump? He's really high on a lot of people's lynch lists. And why would an Exterminator blow his Plasma Bomb on SHAD0Wdump? If there just so happens to be a Zoologist and the Zoologist just so happens to decide to grab SHAD0Wdump today AND there just so happens to be an Exterminator who just so happens to get a Plasma Bomb and just so happens to use it on SHAD0Wdump, the Exterminator will kill the Zoologist. Why would the Exterminator (who may not even exist, btw) throw away his large tech slot to get a chance at killing a potentially nonexistant Zoologist who isn't even that big of a deal? It would make a lot more sense for him to save said Plasma Bomb in case he himself gets abducted by the Zoologist.

@Webadict: Does NOBODY ELSE see his OBVIOUS AND BLATANT active lurking? He has 9 posts, yet NONE OF THEM HAVE ANY CONTENT AT ALL? Does anybody else notice that his playstyle is totally different this game compared to any of the games he's been town in since ever? Why are people giving him a pass when he's being totally useless? It's like how people treat Org... except this is fucking Webadict! Usually by this point he's drilling somebody to death, yet now he's joking around with Org? This seems really, really off. He's obviously scum and it seems like nobody else but Zathras even cares, and Zathreas doesn't even seem to be that serious.
That's not true. I'm contributing less than normal, but I'm not contributing nothing. Not only that, but I don't have time to drill someone to death right now. By Tuesday, I should have significantly more time.

If you care to wait, that is. It also doesn't help that there's 15 other people posting at once.

I've only played one full game with him; I replaced into another he was in after he died, and he replaced in one of mine after I died, so I've seen him a bit. His ego and playstyle are indeed unique and legendary, but he's seldom this useless. He tends to be far more verbose, has incisive questions, and will badger and badger on people until he has received answers to his satisfaction.

That he's now dicking around with his +5 sword of uselessness tells me he isn't playing his normal town game, which means he's scum. I wouldn't mind it one bit if he hangs today, and I think it would be a vastly more useful lynch than Shadowdump, even if they are both scum. Wuba with scum night actions is scary.
*sigh* Later, okay?

Mostly caught up, I'm back on webadict for being cryptic and unhelpful. Web, who from the six lurkiest I mentioned earlier are most likely to be scumlurking, in your opinion?
I'd say Ottofar and Eduren. Having only 1 post is unacceptable. I mean, I'm trying to do the bare minimum and I've got 11 posts. What's that say about them?

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 11, 2010, 09:05:59 am »

got swamped by work, i'm still there and ill have more time to post tonight and tommorow. Ill do a big one tonight.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 11, 2010, 10:49:41 am »

Person:

Let's assume he's not lynched and survives to D2, and no one comes forward with information about him.  What do we do then?  All it does is postpone the problem.  I say let's solve it now- otherwise we end up with more of...

Can I bandwagon Webadict?

He's not even attempting to be helpful.

Web:
Web:  You appear to be dancing around the point of asking me why I'm voting Shadow, so let me summarize for you.

His behavior has gone beyond scummy, on past intentionally scummy, way out into "so intentionally scummy that I must not be scum at all!"  He's scum trying to pull off Refuge in Audacity, and I'm calling him on it.  Once he several votes, he tried to back down off it and try "Sorry about that, I'm being helpful now, see?"  Clear sign of RiA scum getting caught in the act and trying to back down off it.
While that's definitely possible, I really doubt that he's going to pull off a successful RiA on Day 1. Or ever. I just don't.

Oh I fully agree that it's not successful- I say he tried and failed.

MBP:
got swamped by work, i'm still there and ill have more time to post tonight and tommorow. Ill do a big one tonight.

We're looking forward to it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 66