Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 230030 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 2 dances with the dead
« Reply #420 on: November 18, 2010, 05:24:25 pm »

and Criptfeind & Eduren are MIA.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Let me overexaggerate my curiosity.

Zathras, I'm really confused! Why do you think Criptfeind is MIA? Why would that be, I wonder????????????????

Any particular reason why you're not paying attention to the game? That's twice so far. First with ToonyMan, then now with Criptfeind.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 18, 2010, 05:33:58 pm »

and CriptfeindMish & Eduren are MIA.
Zathras, I'm really confused! Why do you think Criptfeind is MIA? Why would that be, I wonder?
Any particular reason why you're not paying attention to the game? That's twice so far. First with ToonyMan, then now with Criptfeind.

Ugh. Me stupid. I was thinking of Solifuge, who was replaced, and I forgot who by. The read of the night flavour left Criptfeind in my mind, so my fingers typed it without realising it was Mish who I was thinking of. Mish and Eduren are MIA, I meant. Reasons? Stupidity and sleep deprivation.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 18, 2010, 08:01:45 pm »

MBP:
Quote from: Mysteriousbluepuppet link=topic=69553.msg1727793#msg1727793
Heh, not doing anything is pretty much my hat these last week. I'm not a professionnal in any kind of way, and i havent yet read the last 6 page or so.Ill be back once it,s done
Spectroscopy for now, ill be better off later

Utterly useless, and again promising content and failing to deliver. You are completely scummy and should hang for it.

Webadict:
Web:  After you voted me, I asked you why, and you never answered me.
I suppose then I didn't. But now I'm gonna have to make up for that.

And yet, you didn't. It's after Tuesday, and you're still not playing your town game. I still think you scummy.

Pandarsenic:

You've been activelurking the entire game. Posting, but not doing any hunting. What are your interpretations of the night's happenings and flavour? Who are your top scummy picks? What are your current reads on Leafsnail, Kamina and Toaster?

These are my current top picks: Pandar, Web and MBP; I'm pretty sure they're scum. There's at least five scum out there, so more hunting needs to happen. Toaster and Leafsnail are medium-scummy; and Criptfeind & Eduren are MIA.

PS: Apologies for light posting, this has been a very busy week for me. I'll be as active as I can.
So, you think I'm suspicious for not playing in a manner you're accustomed to? That's a crying shame. I'll play how I want, really.

But, since we're talking about playstyles, you've forgotten who's playing twice, you're attacking lurkers, and then you're lurking, which means you're scum. Clearly, you'll have to vote yourself for not playing your usual town game. Dur.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 18, 2010, 08:07:43 pm »

Pandarsenic:

You've been activelurking the entire game. Posting, but not doing any hunting. What are your interpretations of the night's happenings and flavour? Who are your top scummy picks? What are your current reads on Leafsnail, Kamina and Toaster?

These are my current top picks: Pandar, Web and MBP; I'm pretty sure they're scum. There's at least five scum out there, so more hunting needs to happen. Toaster and Leafsnail are medium-scummy; and Criptfeind & Eduren are MIA.

PS: Apologies for light posting, this has been a very busy week for me. I'll be as active as I can.

Baldrick has a plan is a pretty cool guy, eh hunts solely lrukers so he doesn't have to actually analyze people's content and doesn't afraid of anything,
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #424 on: November 18, 2010, 09:43:54 pm »

Web, electricity. I think it's fixed now.

Kamina for now. I'll consider Janus tomorrow, or if I have time, today.

I'll be back in two hours, if I'll.
That's all you've got?  You'll just parrot other's attacks and wonder off?  Where's that "two hours later" post you were talking about?  It's been 8.

Spectroscopy for now, ill be better off later
You already had your more later posts here and here. Post something useful.

Hey, Janus, what alignment are you?
Town.  And yourself?
Town.  Interesting response though, considering you haven't tried to build any kind of case against me, and have just made very vague accusations so you don't have to reply properly.
It was sarcasm designed to point out how pointless the question is. You really haven't been worth attacking.

I don't like how you've locked on to me and Janus.  It's like an excuse to not contribute to the rest of the game.
I will keep voting scum until they die.  Simple as that.
So you're absolutely, 100% sure that you have scum? Because otherwise you're tunneling something hard here and it's scummy.

Unvote.
Well, I don't even care about being lynched anymore.  Lynch me then.  Just make sure to look over my posts when I die.
Pro tip: Don't do this. No matter if you're town or scum or 3rd party. It's going to get you lynched. (Well, I guess if you're a Jester. But even then, just don't do it). Don't give up.

It's my post about his wall of nothing.  And he does do it a lot, but he doesn't usually post a page of useless crap and then give FoS's and votes exclusively to lurkers and policy lynch targets.
... The FoS's and votes were on lurkers because we had just gotten an extension.  I wanted to see them use it.

[size=14]Now, do you want to know why I rail on lurkers?[/size]

Because of this:

Last semi-useful posts:
Mish - Nov 13 attacking MBP for lurking? Really?
Eduren - Nov 12 requested an Extension and did nothing with it
Mr.Person - Nov 11 although he's been posting in other games
Ottofar - Nov 11 and just barely, promised a more later that never appeared
Mysteriousbluepuppet - I haven't see one yet

To put this in context, Day 1 didn't end until Nov 13 and Day 2 started on Nov 17.  That's *plenty* of time to post.  If you're going to sign up to play games, then PLAY THE GAME.  Otherwise, DON'T SIGN UP.  It's not that hard.

Here, I'll even make it easy for you:

Mish: If you had a one-shot night kill, who would you use it on and why?

Eduren: If you were scum and your scum buddy was lurking what would you do and why?

Mr.Person: If you were a Military Scientist, which tech would you pick and why?

Ottofar: Why am I voting you and why should I stop?

Mysteriousbluepuppet: Post something, anything that shows me you give a damn about this game.

After that, to each of you, ask at least one useful question to anyone in the game.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 18, 2010, 10:08:50 pm »

Hey, it's another JanusScumFace special.  Apparently there's some secret condition in the rules that means we automatically win if there are no lurkers left alive.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #426 on: November 18, 2010, 10:15:22 pm »

Do you want people to lurk?

Mish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 18, 2010, 10:29:44 pm »

Back guys, didn't realise the day had started after the delay.

Janus
:
If I had a one shot night kill, I would probably keep it till a day or two before lylo when I'm more sure who's scum.
If I had to use it on this night I would probably be forced to use it MBP for posting NOTHING of content during the whole game.
As for my question:
Anyone: Do you think scum would be extra eager to lynch Shadow after we had decided he was either SS or scum? Not saying that everyone who voted him is scummy, but I think it would of been an opportunity scum couldn't let slip.

Zathras: What is MIA? Sorry not too flash on my mafia lingo.

Leafsnail: You seem to be clutching at straws in your attack of JTF.

MBP: I really think you should hang tonight, it's so hard to attack anyone else when the only thing some people are posting is: I'll post more later! Then when they do post more later they say they haven't got anything and that they will post more later.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 18, 2010, 10:36:54 pm »

Anyone: Do you think scum would be extra eager to lynch Shadow after we had decided he was either SS or scum? Not saying that everyone who voted him is scummy, but I think it would of been an opportunity scum couldn't let slip.
I don't think they'd have had to do much.  They could've just let town get him, without having to dirty themselves with it.  I mean, he was digging his own grave, why bother with putting yourself on the line when he was doing a perfectly good job getting himself lynched on his own?  This is spilling into WIFOM territory, but the point is that it doesn't really help determine scum.
Zathras: What is MIA? Sorry not too flash on my mafia lingo.
Missing In Action.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 18, 2010, 11:07:23 pm »

Zathras:  Do you intend to ever say why you think I am medium-scummy?  Otherwise, you're just spreading suspicion around.  And cut the lurker crap if you're going to lurk yourself.

I will give you one point, and that's for...

Pandar:  You haven't done a damn thing today.  When are you going to join the party?

Janus:  For some reason, your questions to Mish and Person stink of rolefishing.  It's weird rolefishing, though, because I don't see why you'd try to find out any MS after he shot his load- he'd be vanilla now, assuming a MS indeed killed Org.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #430 on: November 18, 2010, 11:14:36 pm »

Direct answer to your question: yes. The problem with your question: so would town. I think you're trying to indirectly trying to put suspicion on those associated with the SHAD0Wdump lynch. Especially since you seemed perfectly fine with the lynch yourself although you were careful to avoid actually voting for him...

Janus:  For some reason, your questions to Mish and Person stink of rolefishing.  It's weird rolefishing, though, because I don't see why you'd try to find out any MS after he shot his load- he'd be vanilla now, assuming a MS indeed killed Org.
Not really. Knowing who someone would kill if they had an option to do it directly rather than try to push a lynch is important. Especially when they aren't actually doing a thing about actually working on the lynching option.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 18, 2010, 11:33:27 pm »

As for my question:

SHADOWdump was so incredibly scummy that anybody could have voted for him and been perfectly justified in doing so. If there were scum who voted for him, it's going to absolutely useless trying to track them down based on that.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 19, 2010, 02:02:36 am »

Mr.Person, why were you and Zathras trying to get webadict lynched for stupid meta shit yesterday? And why were you focusing your lurker hunting efforts on webadict when there's a rogue's gallery of abhorrent lurkers this game who had even less excuse than webadict?

It was very out of character for Webadict to be lurking. Sure, he had an excuse, but the posts he did make were very passive and weak. Now you can make all the excuses you want, but the only reason I'm going to unvote for that is if he started acting different. Which he has, by the way, so no more Webadict vote for me. At least for now. Actually, ugh, I hate playing with Webadict. It's like trying to read a foreign language or solve a crazy hard logic problem. You know it's possible, but you just can't figure how.

I don't like how you've locked on to me and Janus.  It's like an excuse to not contribute to the rest of the game.
I will keep voting scum until they die.  Simple as that.
So you're absolutely, 100% sure that you have scum? Because otherwise you're tunneling something hard here and it's scummy.

Really now, tunneling became scummy? When did that happen? Last I checked, tunneling was a towny action to lynch a player he/she is sure is scum, or if you're ToonyMan, to put pressure on that player so you can figure out that player's alignment.

But alright, tell me this, JanusTwoface. If you were really, really sure that SHAD0Wdump is scum, why wouldn't you tunnel him until he dies?

Mr.Person: If you were a Military Scientist, which tech would you pick and why?

Assassin drone. I'd tell myself I'd wait until lylo and piss off the whole town by using it to replace our lylo lynch, but I'd chicken out and use it the night before if it's mylo.

If you wanted to know who I'd kill, probably Webadict. Not only do I have an inkling he's scum, I'd never be able to get him lynched. At least that's what I'd do now. Not very shocking since I need to get some different suspicions now.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #433 on: November 19, 2010, 02:19:41 am »

Really now, tunneling became scummy? When did that happen? Last I checked, tunneling was a towny action to lynch a player he/she is sure is scum, or if you're ToonyMan, to put pressure on that player so you can figure out that player's alignment.
Tunneling *is* scummy.  Ask the mafiascum wiki. It's also known as confirmation bias. You're so sure that you have scum that you don't look anywhere else and anything at all looks like evidence. Putting pressure on someone is something totally different. In case it's unclear, Leafsnail is doing the former.

But alright, tell me this, JanusTwoface. If you were really, really sure that SHAD0Wdump is scum, why wouldn't you tunnel him until he dies?
Um... What? I was voting him until he did die. There wasn't any need to apply any more pressure to him, he already was plenty scummy to lynch and I wasn't the only person who thought so. I still think he's scummy (albeit not actually scum) and I saw the role flip.

If you wanted to know who I'd kill, probably Webadict. Not only do I have an inkling he's scum, I'd never be able to get him lynched. At least that's what I'd do now. Not very shocking since I need to get some different suspicions now.
If you're town and want to kill webadict, you must think he's at least a little scummy. So why don't you vote him? Instead you vote me for two reasons (that I can see).  Both based on something not even directed at you, and neither of which holds any water at all. Nice.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 19, 2010, 02:39:29 am »

Uhh... it doesn't say anything about scummy. Just bad. Also, does it really bother nobody that Zathras isn't analyzing anyone who's actually posting frequently on account of his "All Lurkers, All the Time" polcy?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 66