Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1329 1330 [1331] 1332 1333 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2302281 times)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19950 on: January 17, 2018, 05:05:22 pm »

Yeah, what a quack. Shoulda used leeches instead.
To be fair, that WOULD be closer than cutting off his hand
My court physician decided to treat my food poisoning by cutting off my hand. Do I need to say that it didn't work, and the fact that I died?! Now I'll have to try again.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We have discovered the CK2 version of those dwarves that treat cuts on arms and rotting lungs as the same thing, and then remove both lungs

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #19951 on: January 17, 2018, 05:06:38 pm »

"So I've been feeling a little-"

"Leeches!  A good bleeding will do you well.  Next!"
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19952 on: January 17, 2018, 05:31:55 pm »

A giant sandworm turned into a giant cat-sandworm, then wrecked my sandcrawler.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19953 on: January 18, 2018, 06:22:59 pm »

Enemy had 1% chance of a crit.  Enemy hit 1% chance of a crit.  That's XCOM Fire Emblem, baby.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19954 on: January 18, 2018, 09:14:57 pm »

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19955 on: January 20, 2018, 07:26:47 pm »

Attempted to perform the mission "Revelation" immediately after I unlocked it.

At this time I had no bonuses at all - no special weapons, no ammo boost, nothing.

The fact that rockets seem to be especially damaging and difficult to dodge on foot doesn't really help.

After about 5 or six tries I gave up.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19956 on: January 20, 2018, 08:39:57 pm »

I'll have to admit I should have seen this outcome after sending a pure defensive tank into a battle royal where getting kills matters more.

By the time I realized I could really not win, two opponents were on their last Pokemon while the last had two, and at one of them had at least 2-3 kills.

On the other hand, Carbink took an Earthquake without even losing Substitute*. That's durability.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19957 on: January 24, 2018, 12:53:05 am »

After having not played Spore for years, I decided to return to it and I'm having a lot of fun. However, I'm playing on Hard just like I used to, and the civilization stage is, just as I remember it, straight bullshit when playing on hard. I'm an economic nation, meaning that I basically am incapable of defending myself, and I start completely surrounded by military nations which almost immediately magically gain enough money to spawn a zerg rush of land vehicles and capture everyone on the island except me. From that point on, if I capture any cities AT ALL, the two closest military nations will immediately declare war on me because my borders are an inch too wide or whatever and just descend on me before I have a chance to do anything.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #19958 on: January 24, 2018, 12:41:58 pm »

Choice of Robots, tryed to make Mech-Hisui, with the goal of her overthrowing and killing me, than conquering the planet (i think it's possible). Game didn't let me to merge "arm gun" and "swiss army knife fingers" to make "hidden arsenal inside", so i gone with fingers, then replaced other arm with a gun "at boss's request". Close enough. I refused to give interview about her to some reporter, so he wrighted an obviously false article about me being axe-crazy inventor that makes horrible and generally unsafe war bots.  :P 

Almost no one noticed it except some weirdo that sweared to kill me or die himself if i will not stop making them like this, sent email message about it, and gived me adress and time of meeting. I, of course, decided to kill him myself. I and Hisui driven on car to the set place (restaurant? Don't remember what it was) at the set time. She breaked trough the window inside, and after some screaming and three loud bangs... she rushed outside, followed by this jerk (completely unscathed) with a pistol. Hisui got back in the car, jerk shooted me in the throat while i tryed to ram into him, car succesfully rammed him and the wall at high speed. All three of us died, i got three fame from onlookers retelling what just happened and status of "local celebrity", "not as you care about this anymore" :D  Also this gived me achievment "Terrible - die in earliest place possible", on the first walktrough.

Now,  why the hell Hisui didn't killed him? She wasn't accustomed to her new gun arm? Autonomity = Cowardice 14 (i think) overthrowed military 12? She understanded  "final goal is conquering humanity for your master" as "suicidally betray your master here and now"?  >:( Just not enough military to kill unarmored guy with a pistol?
EDIT: replayed, this guy actually killed her, and she is three feet tall at this point.

Also, who is this IDIOT who first shouted around in Internet about this game "having deep meaning" and being "great for education" so much, that it gained 1500 reviews on Steam, while their other games rarely get more than 50, and among that reviews there is complaining about lack of cool graphics\music\sound\pictures?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 10:08:13 am by MCreeper »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19959 on: January 24, 2018, 09:43:33 pm »

I seriously don't understand the glowing reviews on Choice of Robots. Like, Choice of Games are great CYOAs, but CoR is hardly their best. Choice of 5e Deathless and City's Thirst are probably the best in term of quality.

Plus, I expected "make a killer robot sim" and instead got "raise a spoiled brat with weapons up the wazoo while my robot company fails to lift off sim"
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19960 on: January 24, 2018, 09:55:56 pm »

Sounds like you two had a very different experience. I raised a cute little medicine-specialized spiderbot that ended up leading and winning a revolution against America (though humans weren't exterminated).

Anyways, back on point, I walked down an alley and suddenly goons poured out of the gorram walls to shoot me up good.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19961 on: January 24, 2018, 10:04:19 pm »

Used a lance. Against the Brachydios.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #19962 on: January 25, 2018, 06:57:15 am »

"Hey, I wonder just how difficult a hard mode low% run is."
Well, let's just say the final boss is a bit more difficult when his shots kill you in 3 hits and inflict something like 5 seconds of overheat, while your own gun is half as strong as in 100%.
Spoiler: Game (click to show/hide)
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19963 on: January 25, 2018, 07:08:25 am »

I seriously don't understand the glowing reviews on Choice of Robots. Like, Choice of Games are great CYOAs, but CoR is hardly their best. Choice of 5e Deathless and City's Thirst are probably the best in term of quality.

Plus, I expected "make a killer robot sim" and instead got "raise a spoiled brat with weapons up the wazoo while my robot company fails to lift off sim"

Choice of Robots is fast.

Its easy to read and a lot happens in only a bit of time. You always have options and they are meaningful.

The others you mention are good, but "slower" in many ways.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #19964 on: January 25, 2018, 04:44:37 pm »

Dropped like 6 fucking nukes on Ultimate Lifeform Kars because I heard it was an easy way to beat him.
The guide was wrong.

Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.
Pages: 1 ... 1329 1330 [1331] 1332 1333 ... 1571